Modding, Mission Design, and Coding > The Modding Workshop

Idea - Sentry turrets rotating

(1/3) > >>

Admiral:
I thinking about the Deep Space Nine episode with the assault on the Cardassian position with all the sentry guns and the asteroid base that powered them.

Would it be possible to make turrets that fired rapid fire like them (I guess that's a weapon's change actually), but also to have some movement/spin to face their targets?

------------------
"All empires Fall. You just have to know where to push."

Robin Varley:
Well you could make it out of two rotating big turrets I suppose.  For an idea of what i mean, gown to the modifications section and download my GTSG Gungnir (shameless self promotion I know) stick it in a mission with FRED2, you could even change turrets 3 and 4 to maxims for real rapid fire, and see what you think.

Griffon UK:

--- Quote ---Originally posted by Admiral:
I thinking about the Deep Space Nine episode with the assault on the Cardassian position with all the sentry guns and the asteroid base that powered them.

--- End quote ---

You onabout those Brean thingies that were tearing the fed ships to pieces?

------------------
Temporal Mechanics | Hard Light Productions

Setekh:
I'm not 100% sure, but the point from which a gun or turret fires from is a stationary point, even if the model itself is moving. However, I'm not quite sure.

Admiral:

--- Quote ---Originally posted by Griffon UK:
You onabout those Brean thingies that were tearing the fed ships to pieces?

--- End quote ---

No, this was before the Breen got involved.  I think it was the last in one of the series.

------------------
"All empires Fall. You just have to know where to push."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version