Hosted Projects - Standalone > WoD Archive

Identity of the OP girl who says "Spoon"

<< < (3/4) > >>

Droid803:

Oh god...is this discussion really going on....****ing seriously?

Don't use a freaking song to back up pronounciation of syllables, as people routinely stretch/shrink syllables to fit the beat (if necessary).
Also, "n" is one of the few consonants that you can actually end on in Japanese. That's a romanization, and "i" a short I sound is a separate character...so yes of course it is pronounced.

And uh...I don't think the script would have un-katakana-ized english on it so they could see the diphthong, it should have been transliterated to スプン, which doesn't have a double o/u sound at all... (though it does have two u-sounds, they're seperated by ze p. If you hear it you're hearing it wrong (or kugyu pronounced it weird, which might be a possibility).

--- Quote from: LHN91 on June 19, 2011, 10:38:05 pm ---Similarly, I believe the song played on the main hall is the off-vocal long mix of the second season OP of Shakugan no Shana. If memory serves.

--- End quote ---

...there is no Joint nor Blaze there...
(ok there might be Blaze I don't listen to that one enough to instantly recognize from the off-vocal version.)

You may be thinking of the first OP of Toaru Majutsu no Index (by the same person who sings Joint) "PSI Missing" which is like the third (?) mainhall theme?

Dark Hunter:

--- Quote from: Droid803 on June 20, 2011, 04:50:59 pm ---And uh...I don't think the script would have un-katakana-ized english on it so they could see the diphthong, it should have been transliterated to スプン, which doesn't have a double o/u sound at all... (though it does have two u-sounds, they're seperated by ze p. If you hear it you're hearing it wrong (or kugyu pronounced it weird, which might be a possibility).

--- End quote ---

While I agree, the Japanese do strange things with English words. Sometimes they're written in katakana, and sometimes not. It very well might have been written "SPOON" on the script, in which case, she might have mistakenly doubled the vowel sound out of habit. Or, someone transliterated it スプーン on the script...

Listening to the audio clip, there is a very slight pause in the middle of the "oo", which may mean a mistakenly-doubled consonant, and it may not. I don't know...

Destiny:
This is my take: Japanese language is usually pronounced quickly.

It's 'supun' in romaji, but pronounced 's' (not the letter S, but the hissing sound) 'pu', then 'un.'

Another example -
エクセレン • ブロウニング - Excellen Browning. They don't pronounce 'Ekuseren Buraoningu' unless they are purposely saying every single syllable. So, it's Ekseren Braoningu or alternatively, Excellen Browning.

LHN91:

--- Quote from: Droid803 on June 20, 2011, 04:50:59 pm ---
You may be thinking of the first OP of Toaru Majutsu no Index (by the same person who sings Joint) "PSI Missing" which is like the third (?) mainhall theme?

--- End quote ---

Yes you're right, I went back and checked. I watched both series at about the same time so the themes kinda meshed. Also, for some oddbal reason I always get that track on the mainhall almost without fail. I guess my computer fails at random selection. Thus why I thought it was the only mainhall theme.

Droid803:
It depends what mission you're on (or at least, it should).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version