Hosted Projects - Standalone > WoD Forum Game

Forum game II: Forum game harder (Vague rule idea outline discussion thread)

<< < (2/26) > >>

Spoon:
The turns happen after one another. So one week its strategy, then next its tactical, then back to strategy and so forth.
Makes the workload a bit easier on me and in effect gives a player two weeks inbetween turns to get their orders in.

Lorric:
How are you going to make us all act individually? We can talk to each other.

Next, what's to stop us all just building ourselves up for the invasion? There's no sense in softening ourselves up for the now-on-hard-mode-Hierarchy invasion to sweep in and clean up what's left. Ideally, the warfare would leave each faction stronger than weaker when the Hierarchy arrives, with the ones who perform the best getting more bonuses, to provide motivation to engage in it, so even if one faction gets stomped, they are still in a stronger position than they started, or at least not a weaker one.

Won't the smaller factions be at a huge disadvantage?

Do you have the power to create private forums within your own forum and assign people to them? You could make one for each faction then, so they could talk to each other without the other factions seeing.

Are we reprising our old roles? I still wish to be with the CRF.

I do like the idea of you being everyone's leader. That way if we're stomping each other, it's because you told us to.

0rph3u5:

--- Quote from: Lorric on May 11, 2014, 04:30:55 pm ---How are you going to make us all act individually? We can talk to each other.

--- End quote ---

Interest to make the game fun for one; Interest to have your faction turn out to be on top once things settle down

--- Quote from: Lorric on May 11, 2014, 04:30:55 pm ---Next, what's to stop us all just building ourselves up for the invasion? There's no sense in softening ourselves up for the now-on-hard-mode-Hierarchy invasion to sweep in and clean up what's left. Ideally, the warfare would leave each faction stronger than weaker when the Hierarchy arrives, with the ones who perform the best getting more bonuses, to provide motivation to engage in it, so even if one faction gets stomped, they are still in a stronger position than they started, or at least not a weaker one.

--- End quote ---

In part the "fearless leaders" of the factions will do that; in other parts the political influence system should do it as for the beginning of the game all factions have nothing else that will gain them points but hitting on another...

--- Quote from: Lorric on May 11, 2014, 04:30:55 pm ---Won't the smaller factions be at a huge disadvantage?

--- End quote ---

Smaller might also mean that there are less ressources that have to go fleet upkeep and a more focussed research/political effort as you don't have to cover the interests of as many Admirals...

AndrewofDoom:
Question. Regarding moves in the Tactical section, will there be a defend action? Will on the tactical section, will there be the ability to move not just around planets and asteroids, but also in deep space as well? Like for example on the fringes of the a system. It would be a good idea because otherwise we get the same problem as in the first game where there's too many bottlenecks and it becomes a game of brute force (There was literally only one turn in the first one where there was a flanking maneuver done by both UGCR fleets).

--- Quote from: Lorric on May 11, 2014, 04:30:55 pm ---Won't the smaller factions be at a huge disadvantage?

--- End quote ---

If you're referring to the UGC, Spoon's got that covered. Speaking of which, I'll probably reprise my role as admiral of the 1st UGCR, especially if niffiwan takes 2nd UGCR.

Lorric:
Will we see the Cyrvans? Will we be able to enter Hierarchy Space?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version