Author Topic: Amadeus-Class Transport  (Read 3700 times)

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Amadeus-Class Transport
Hello,

next Ship in the line we wanna show you is the Confed-transport.

______________________________________________________________ _____________________________
The successor to the Drayman, Diligent, and Clydesdale transports, the Amadeus-class transport now serves as the mainstay of Confed Fleet’s logistic force. Cheap, durable, and easy to build, the Amadeus’ primary duties revolve around supply and logistical support missions. Like all other transports, they rely on Confederation warships and fighters for proper defense. Even though they have a dismal armor rating, Amadeus transports are outfitted with very durable phase shield generators.

Engineers designed the Amadeus in a triple beam system with a triangular cross section, which enables it to carry more supplies and other materials than otherwise possible. The cargo bays are modular and bays are attached and detached depending on specific mission goals. Amadeus transports are more than capable of carrying such items such as food, fuel, missiles, torpedoes, vehicles, and other necessary tools needed to maintain and win a large-scale war.  

Amadeus-class transports also carry people and troops provided that the appropriate support bays are attached and will house up to a thousand personnel if the mission requires such. Other Amadeus’ serve as medical ships; their specially-equipped bays are equipped to transform the transports into a mini-hospital able to treat and give immediate and advanced medical aid to the wounded. More then a few have been converted into small troopships, able to carry and support one company of 150+ Marines.  

______________________________________________________________ _____________________________

For the credits, the model is a co-work between Lynx and me, and the textures are obviously done from Lynx's skilled hands. We have choosen the WC4-Variant for the containers, which are destroyable of course. Also we use them as seperate objects.

MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
wow cool, I especaly like the one without the cargo pods, all that detail in that framework.
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

*shudders at the damage to his framerates*

Damn good looking garbage scow, though.
$quot;Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity.  And I'm not sure about the former.$quot;
 - Albert Einstein

$quot;It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.$quot;
- Gen. George Patton Jr.

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Don't worry, it is not so bad at all.  O.K., the pof-file is rather big (2,6 MB), but the model is more or less a standard-capship like our others :

It has only 2500 polies (including debris) and 4300 faces in LOD 0, and 5900 Poly and 9800 faces overall in all LOD'S.

Good thing, it has only 2 turrets :D
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
now you should be able to get that with 4 textures.
how many did you use? :)
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Originally posted by Bobboau
now you should be able to get that with 4 textures.
how many did you use? :)

do not tell me. I do not want to know :)
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Yeah, this is a little problem (but not our worst). :)

LOD0 uses 9 textures (one of them is a UV-Mapped Detail-textur), 4 only used in (destroyable)subsystems like turrets and containers

LOD1 uses 8 Textures, still 3 in subsystems

LOD2 still 5 (Low-Res)-Textures, 1 in subobjects, no more turrets included here

LOD3 the same 5 (Low-Res) Textures, the same 1 in the subobject (containers are still subobjects in this LOD, in case one will be destroyed).
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Looks great guys!  I really like the one with cargo pods.  Definately a good looker!
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline c914

• www.scfi.pl
Very nice, simple but very nice :yes2::nod::yes:

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
maybe I should take a shot at remaping it. you should be able to get  away with one grey hull texture, one blue hull texture, another grey texture for the rigging, and a fourth one with details, maybe a fifth with insignias and hull text (wich would be alpha blended over the hull texture) but this could all be done in texture #4, you will say it runs fine, but that's when your testing it, you will have a cumulative effect from all the models being made this way that will probly cost you half your frame rate.
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

...or more.  Way, way more.  People with lower-end cards (including me, w/128M GeForce MW4000) suffer badly from multiple high-res textures.
$quot;Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity.  And I'm not sure about the former.$quot;
 - Albert Einstein

$quot;It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.$quot;
- Gen. George Patton Jr.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
indeed, those generic textures used on turrets and antenas can be merged into one. And so on...
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

For that matter, how hard would it be to, I don't know, go through and merge the textures on the ships into one texture on the capships like it is on fighters?
 - Albert Einstein

- Gen. George Patton Jr.

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
you'd only want to do that for non-tileing details though
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3