Author Topic: were can i get the game? plz  (Read 8024 times)

were can i get the game? plz
hi i read in the faq page that wing commander saga will cost me nothing , well ok great but were can i get it? plz and thank you in advance:confused:

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
You can get it when it's released. The WCS team might be more inclined to hurry up if you use proper capitalization, pumctuation, grammar, and spelling ("plz" is not a word!). If a mod has no downloads, it's not finished yet.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline pyro-manic

• Flambé
It's not finished yet ;)

:welcome:
Any fool can pull a trigger...

look mester wool if i had any more gramer in my head i would have gave it to you with plasure but thats all the english i learned in the cheep school my  poor father maneged to put me in so  you dont expect me to go back to school just to post in your  forum lol sorry i dint mean to speak in harch language dont get the rong  sounds from my words and plz is a short cut and evry 1 knoes what it meand so whats the big deal man??

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
Originally posted by aceofbase
look mester wool if i had any more gramer in my head i would have gave it to you with plasure but thats all the english i learned in the cheep school my  poor father maneged to put me in so  you dont expect me to go back to school just to post in your  forum lol sorry i dint mean to speak in harch language dont get the rong  sounds from my words and plz is a short cut and evry 1 knoes what it meand so whats the big deal man??

It's considered rude, to lash out on someone who politely tries to correct or introduce you to the customs of the forum.

HLP is somewhat sensitive about grammar (we even have our Grammar Inquisitor).
It usually only ammounts to avoiding "leet" speak pluss proper question marks and full stops.

BTW if you haven't had the oportunity to properly master the language, this is the best place to restart the effort.
We are free, polite (most of the time) and there are able members willing to help.

We had several members with poor grammar, but in a couple of months their efforts have paid off, to the point that their knowledge surpassed some of the "oldies".
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Offline Lynx

There are no exact deadlines right now, but part1, the prologue, should be ready in about 1-2 months.
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day, but set fire to him and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Originally posted by Woolie Wool
...use proper capitalization, pumctuation, grammar, and spelling....

You just pwnz0red yourself. :lol:

@Lynx: Hear hear, I'm really looking forward to this. It will probably be the first WC game I'll actually play.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2005, 06:20:24 am by 1445 »
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Originally posted by Col. Fishguts
Hear hear, I'm really looking forward to this. It will probably be the first WC game I'll actually play.

Then you have missed a great deal of computer games history :)

And speaking of the official deadline: it is Winter 2666
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Originally posted by Tolwyn
Then you have missed a great deal of computer games history :)

Yeah yeah .....I know, but the timing was never right. Back then when WC1&2 came out, I did not have a PC yet. And when WC3&4 were 'hot' I was busy playing TIE Fighter/XvT...and after that came FreeSpace and XWA to satisfy all my space shooter needs.

But I recently grabbed WC1&2 from HOTU, and while the concept of sprites in 3d space is a bit awkward, I'll eventually play it when I find enough time.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

again am not  lashing out  on anyone sir evry word i wrote in my previous message was about me not about mister wool so i wanted just to explain my self to him i mean there is nothing rong with the  good proper english spelling but belive me i dont know were to put the caps and  the dots and the comas you dont sexpect me just to throw them around it wouldnt be right ether well i can use a dictionary  to correct the wrods writing but that will take me hours to complete a message any way i dont see haw you can help me with english writting do you want me  to  pm you befor i post?? i mean i came here to playe not to study lol well actuly i speak some french too haw about if i post in french lol
any way i want all here to know i have great respect to tbp team its great to let peapol playe for free and not get paid for sutch extraordenry effort i love all  your work keep it up cheers:yes:
« Last Edit: February 23, 2005, 09:32:30 am by 2597 »

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
What is your native language?  Surely you know how to separate sentences? :wtf:

Even if you don't know how to spell, adding punctuation would be a huge help for anyone trying to read your post.

i dont know what the word punctuation is .. but you wold love to see me playing win commandr coz i had all there games and i spend years playing this usom game and by the way colonel fishguts said he got win c 1 and 2 from hotu what is that a web site?   well actuly  i lost all my game cds coz i gave them to my cosin in his bithday and now i regret it do u know were i can grab them on the net i mean shurly there abandon wear now . and please tell me what the word punctuation means and i will try to look it up
edited :  my native language i arabic we right from right to left and its deffrent          ãÑÍÈÇ Èßã
yes i know haw to organize sentences but i have problem with expecting what  letter is  comming next i mean why we say  right
not  rit   why the g letter   or like the word like why we put e in the end why its not lik  in arabic we right only letters that we say:ha:
« Last Edit: February 23, 2005, 09:51:28 am by 2597 »

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
Seams as if someone has stolen some keys on his keyboard ^_^

@Aceofbase
Maybe you should try to write the words in their full length
You -> win commandr
should be -> Wing Commander

punctuation -> means that you set a -> . or ? or ! <- at the end of your sentances.

Well my own english isn't the best, but at least I try ^_^
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline Janos

• A *really* weird sheep
i dont know what the word punctuation is .. but you wold love to see me playing win commandr coz i had all there games and i spend years playing this usom game and by the way colonel fishguts said he got win c 1 and 2 from hotu what is that a web site?   well actuly  i lost all my game cds coz i gave them to my cosin in his bithday and now i regret it do u know were i can grab them on the net i mean shurly there abandon wear now . and please tell me what the word punctuation means and i will try to look it up
edited :  my native language i arabic we right from right to left and its deffrent          ãÑÍÈÇ Èßã
yes i know haw to organize sentences but i have problem with expecting what  letter is  comming next i mean why we say  right
not  rit   why the g letter   or like the word like why we put e in the end why its not lik  in arabic we right only letters that we say:ha:

EDIT ME NO LINKY :(
« Last Edit: February 24, 2005, 01:15:08 pm by 1621 »
lol wtf

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
please no linking to the abandonwarez
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Originally posted by Lynx
There are no exact deadlines right now, but part1, the prologue, should be ready in about 1-2 months.

Awesome!

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries

Punctuation marks are these symbols:

. ! , : ; ( ) ?

--General Battuta

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
..hotu what is that a web site?

vs.

please no linking to the abandonwarez

Help yourself aceofbase.....Google is your friend.

well, ok thanks every one it has been a plasure having all of you on my post . one last request can somebudy  pm me about that win commander link, there must be 1000000 s of abandon wear on google:hopping:  .  or please email me  on:    ([email protected] )  and thank you in advance.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control

I'm not sure how much this'll help, but this is how I'd punctuate/ spell the above.  You seem to be fine at reading english, at least.  (comments in italics)

---------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know what the word punctuation is... ('means' might be a bit better to use here, instead of 'is')  but you would love to see me playing Wing Commander, because I had all their ('there' and 'their' have different meanings; 'their' denotes ownership, i.e. 'that game was theirs', 'there' denotes a location 'my coat is over there') games, and I spent years playing this awesome (I think that's what you meant) game.

(NB: this sentence is getting a bit long, so I'm breaking it up - think of full stops - '.' - as being breaks between speaking, and commas - ',' - as being shorter pauses)

By the way, Colonel Fishguts said he got WC1 and 2 from HOTU - what is that, some kind of web site? [/i]('?' has the same function as  a full stop, except it also denotes a question.  You can sort of view it as the tone of someones voice between a statement and asking a question)[/i]

Actually (dropped the 'well', both it and 'actually' have the same meaning here), I lost my game cds because I gave them to my cousin on his birthday and now I regret it. (New sentence here; moving onto a different subject / topic) Do you know where (not were) I can grab them on the net; surely they're (note the ' ; this means they're is short for 'they are') abandon-ware now?

Also, (it's generally considered bad to start a sentence on an 'and', athough it's done by most people anyways)  please tell me what the word 'punctuation' means and I will try to look it up.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Incidentally, punctation is what 'breaks up' english (and other langauge using this script type) sentences correctly; for example, having capital letters to start sentences or for names (or places), also the use of characters such as punctuation marks such as commas (,) or full stops (.).   This helps break up the flow of text into something similar to how it would be heard when spoken; and in turn helps the brain understand it (for a native speaker, at least).

Incidentally, you can look up the meaning of words on google by typing 'define:' followed by the word as the search subject.  i.e. define: punctuation gives this

Oh, and sometimes we (HLP members) are far too hard on non-native speakers... it's fair enough is someone should know better, but if someone is new to the language, then surely we should try and help, not just criticise.

EDIT; try typing 'HOTU' into google.