Author Topic: Prologue Released!  (Read 184951 times)

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga

lol.. dose that mean there is no full game coming up..or it means that you are immortal??  ;7

I ain't mortal, uh... I ain't talking :)

Anyway, it is just a joke :D
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

ok. forgive the poor guys like me who dont speak english as their first language for not understanding
 some language skilles.. like having  hidden jokes and so...
 can you give us an idea about the real date of releasing then? thanks you

Offline Sphynx

That's still a good question. It depends on how many interested parties want to step in and help. I think what I heard Starman say is that he would like to get done within two years, but at this point in time we can't say for sure. Could be sooner, could be later. Rest assured, though, that we continue to work hard to make it as soon as possible.
What we perceive is more a reflection of ourselves than of our environment.

Offline KeldorKatarn

Why are the pilots talking about new year resolutions when the fiction tells us it is Summer?

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
can you realy have seasons in space?
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
New year on what planet...or carrier in this case ^_^
Question is would all planets have the same new year beginning as earth?
Anyway this little point might be something for a revised version of the fiction. I have read the ficiont but do you think I have ever noticed that? Strange that is...
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
It would also depend on what calender you are using, (I believe the Chinese new year is approaching  ;) )
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
Right chinese new year should be soon.
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."

Offline KeldorKatarn

Ok, saying summer was stupid of course. Not everyone is living on the northern hemisphere of Earth.
Anyway.. the fiction starts at .161 which is June 10th if I got that right...  The storyline should probably start in .00x something, or whatever, so that the one mission when the new years resolutions are discussed is really in like the first week of the new year.

Don't get me wrong. I loved the fiction, it was very well written I think. That's why I complained about the death of certain characters, which in fact only appear in the fiction, not in the missions. The characters are written in a way you quickly get attached, so you are sorry when they're gone.

This date thing was the only thing that got me confused and interrupted the otherwise perfect link between fiction and missions. And honestly.. I DO care what date it is. I mean these new year resolution talks got me thinking "Hey cool, the last year of the war has just started, these guys just don't know it yet", you know? Then when I see a different date in the fiction, that picture in my imagination gets somewhat distorted and interrupted.

I don't know which date fits with the canon storyline best and why both were chosen differently I just think you should try to synchronize this stuff for the full release since YES there are crazy guys out here who do care about the fiction as much as about the missions. :)

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
Well I think we will just ask our storywriters about this date mixing...maybe he could explain it. Mostly I think its a overlooked leftover from the many concepts we had with different dates and voicelines.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
It is supposed to be a new "fiscal year" for the military, which means new funding, etc, etc, etc, instead of a calendar year :)

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Heres a dumb thought about voicelines... how about doing it similar to homeworld. When you want to start a large chat session, cut to camera scene.  Get some nice external views of the fighters while they chat away.  Then switch back to the fighter view when done.  Also is it possible to hit esc (or something) to cut out of the camera view then?

That's exactly the problem, you can't skip prologe that way (if at all). Because of this, it doesn't matter if the blabla is going on while in the cockpit or in the external view, it's get's annoying after several replays.
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Ok that would suck then  :ick:
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

I have a question

1. Can u change the resolution of the game in the options menu? I cant find anything that says u can

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
I have a question

1. Can u change the resolution of the game in the options menu? I cant find anything that says u can

No, you change the resolution through the Launcher (Video tab) ;)
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
But remember you can only increase it. Switching to a lower resolution will crash the game
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

But remember you can only increase it. Switching to a lower resolution will crash the game

Does that mean u can never decrease the resolution   :eek2:

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
you can't go below 1024

-WC Saga's beta tester

you can't go below 1024

Thanks Tolwyn I'll remember that

By the way in the full release is there going to be a feature where u can taunt the kilrathi or does the engine restrict that???

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
You can do it but only by FREDding it. And it would be a bit of a pain to do in every mission so I think they're waiting for engine support (or scared to ask for engine support :D )
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]