Author Topic: Cockpits Redux  (Read 17402 times)

No in wc2 you had to look backward/sidwards to go to the turret cockpit  to fire. Im talking about changing your navcomputor to a remote camera facing backwards.  Which you could in Wc3 with longbow and i think the thunderbolt.  Don't know about wc4 though, as the ps version I played didn't have cockpits.

And judging by some of the recent advances that some of the coders have been playing with, it looks like it will be possible with fs2.

Though the real question is can you switch between damage, weapons, and energy balancing on the left, and target, nav, and  turret  on the right with the 2 single panels like you could in wc3?  I guess they are working on a way.
I don't think anything that drastic has been tried on the HUD before...
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

No in wc2 you had to look backward/sidwards to go to the turret cockpit  to fire. Im talking about changing your navcomputor to a remote camera facing backwards.  Which you could in Wc3 with longbow and i think the thunderbolt.  Don't know about wc4 though, as the ps version I played didn't have cockpits.

I don't remember being able to do that in WC4 though as a kid I never did read the manually properly so there is a chance that it can be done and I simply didn't know about it. Um now where did I put the manual :nervous: :confused:

Scrap all that you can  :yes:

« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 12:09:26 am by Gun_Ship »

Hey thanks! nice to know I'm not crazy :D

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
All the times I have played the game and never used that function...or did know about it.
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline Haliwali

• Cake is a lie.
    • Myspace. Please be my friend
Me neither. Which game was that?
The cake is a Lie.

They littered the beach as dense as a crowded Tokyo street during a Final Fantasy release riot. The slow, tottering advance only heightened the suspense of this freakishly ironic scene.

The turtles were revolting,
and nobody could stop them.

First they came for the Jedi,
and I did not speak out.
because I was not a Jedi.
Then they came for the giant robots.
and I did not speak out
because I was not a giant robot.
Then they came for the Nerds,
and I was screwed.

Sparkly Weasel, meet Forceful Chainsaw

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
wc3 and 4
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline KeldorKatarn

You certainly did use that function since you couldn't win the game otherwise. You had to use the tractor beam in several missions to win =)

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
Well I used to turret view.
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."

Offline KeldorKatarn

SO all you didn't know was the driving mirror? gee, how did you park your hellcat? :P

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
I have enough majors that do this for me, its a privilage of my rank ^_^

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
I bet you spend all your free time polishing your rank pins ;)

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Aginor

• Spelljammer
Member of the Scooby Doo model Fanclub "verticies and splines are the medium and he is the artist."

Offline FlashFire

• Marshall of The Elite
    • The Elite, International
Too... many...bad...quotes.....must...read...something...intelligent. ...
What a unique device, the human tush. An architectural wonder, one of a kind...actually two of a kind. Designed to support our weight for a lifetime of sitting it also has the subtlety to do the samba. And when attached to certain members of the female species at a time when light summer dresses are worn can cause some of us to drive our cars straight up a lamppost. - Captain Benjamin "Hawkeye" Pierce, M*A*S*H

Looking at from what this guy has done. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uFrJlSyXO4
( and he demonstrates the back turret camera in the cockpit as well)
But you see a control wheel move as well. My question is, wouldn't be a simple matter to draw the arm of a hand attached to a flight stick in the middle and, doing similar to what he has done, have that move like wc3?  (Drawing some legs as well)

Offline Haliwali

• Cake is a lie.
    • Myspace. Please be my friend
Wow that pretty cool.
The cake is a Lie.

They littered the beach as dense as a crowded Tokyo street during a Final Fantasy release riot. The slow, tottering advance only heightened the suspense of this freakishly ironic scene.

The turtles were revolting,
and nobody could stop them.

First they came for the Jedi,
and I did not speak out.
because I was not a Jedi.
Then they came for the giant robots.
and I did not speak out
because I was not a giant robot.
Then they came for the Nerds,
and I was screwed.

Sparkly Weasel, meet Forceful Chainsaw

Offline Aginor

• Spelljammer
Member of the Scooby Doo model Fanclub "verticies and splines are the medium and he is the artist."

So hmm, will it in the final version of the game?

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
What? The cockpits? Yeah. I doub t that they will be included in the upcomming patch though.

-WC Saga's beta tester

Well I meant pilot hand on a moving flight stick and ect..  as seen in that movie i linked too.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
That question was answered before ;)

It is not possible, ace.

-WC Saga's beta tester