Author Topic: multiplayer missions  (Read 12316 times)

Offline captain-custard

• previously known as andicirk
  • one sandwich short of a picnic
well here we go ..

just another quick look to see if there is any news, multiplayer has been picking up lately and with the changes that will be implemented to the server base fairly soon (when 3.610 is validated ) is the multiplayer 3.6.10 bug tested as you said in an earlier post the multiplayer has been around for nearly a year now , i spend quite a bit of my spare time running through the multiplayer games in 3.6.10 and testing so if you need a hand to get it ready for the server changes please give me a shout ........

keep up the good work
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Offline Aginor

• Spelljammer
We are really sorry to disappoint you, the Saga team knows there are a lot of fans out there waiting for the multiplayer part, but unfortunately we still don't have the MP part out.
At the moment we are focused on finishing a lot of cool features and polishing our missions for Single player.
But we are really confident that MP will be released somewhere between June 2009 and .....July 2669
Stay with us, we are all hard working here!
Member of the Scooby Doo model Fanclub "verticies and splines are the medium and he is the artist."

Offline captain-custard

Re: multiplayer missions
im back

any news?
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Offline Aginor

• Spelljammer
AAAHHH!!! It hurts!!

...no, really. It really, really hurts to tell you that MP part is not finished yet. I hate it.
Member of the Scooby Doo model Fanclub "verticies and splines are the medium and he is the artist."

Offline IceWulfe

• mmmm sheeep
Are we there yet?
DON'T go full retard

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Multiplayer patch for the Prologue is kinda finished. Not that it will be released soon, but that is a different story.
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline Haliwali

• Cake is a lie.
    • Myspace. Please be my friend
Multiplayer patch for the Prologue is kinda finished. Not that it will be released soon, but that is a different story.

Now that's just cold.
The cake is a Lie.

They littered the beach as dense as a crowded Tokyo street during a Final Fantasy release riot. The slow, tottering advance only heightened the suspense of this freakishly ironic scene.

The turtles were revolting,
and nobody could stop them.

First they came for the Jedi,
and I did not speak out.
because I was not a Jedi.
Then they came for the giant robots.
and I did not speak out
because I was not a giant robot.
Then they came for the Nerds,
and I was screwed.

Sparkly Weasel, meet Forceful Chainsaw

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
3.6.10 comes with a few enchancements, that result in compatibility issues with 3.6.9 data set. The mp patch fixes them to some extent, yet it might break single player part. I don't have time to fix all of the issues since we have to keep up with our timetable for the main release. I am not being cold, I am acting in the best interest of the project.

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Is the issue with the code for 3.6.10 itself or the data you added for multiplayer? Cause for the former I can see your point as it is likely to be a big support problem if you have to have two different builds for the game. If it is the latter however, you could do what TBP are doing and release the multiplayer upgrade as a mod for the original release (Preferably in a folder simply called multiplayer) rather than putting it in the main folder where it can interfere with already released content.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline captain-custard

as an official zathras tester , i am willing to spend some time running through this if you want , testing the multiplayer stuff , and as kara mentioned the use of the "patch" or "mod"pack really works and doesnt effect the main game ..; it has changed how we play multiplayer and what build etc we use and has helped us pass many a happy hour, if you want any more info please contact  fubar or post in the zathras section

thanks a lot its really good to see that slowly things are moving foward for wing commander ....

Offline captain-custard

hi Back again ... please dont get annoyed with my endless posting its just that i try to get as many ppl involved in the multiplayer side of the game as possible ...;

Today RC3 was released, and hopefully it will go final soon , so if you do need any help with getting the multiplayer tested im still here , i think the mod pack is a good way to go ...; anyway enough sauid , good luck and stay happy....hppe to hear from you soon

Offline Talon 1024

• How do you turn this on?
    • Mods, Games, and Stuff
Any news on the multiplayer patch? It's Christmas time, and I thought that we'd hear a bit more about this.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 12:32:19 am by Talon 1024 »
To understand religion, you need to understand morality first. | WCSaga website | WCSaga Forum | 158th website | 158th forum | Project Leader: WC: Hostile Frontier | WCHF Thread at CIC | Wing Blender | Twist of Fate | Multipart turrets on angled surfaces, tutorial included. | My Google Drive stuff | To convert speeds from WC to WCS, multiply both the cruise speed and the Afterburner speed by 0.15625 (5/32)

FS2 Mods I'm waiting on: Inferno 10th Anniversary
Current Project: Contestant Android app, Learn4Life iOS app, Blender Commander (importer).
The FreeSpace Font Foundry is back in action!

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Multiplayer patch has been canceled for several reasons.

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
main being that 3.6.9 is not supported by the server anymore  :rolleyes:
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline captain-custard

main being that 3.6.9 is not supported by the server anymore  :rolleyes:

well thats just silly , it has been mentioned and known for a long time that 3.6.9 was going to die a death in the multi side of things and i assumed that with all the new features needed for WCS it would at least be using a modified 3.6.10 or 3.6.11 build ..... hey ho

i suppose ill just have to wait a little longer , maybe play the multi side of WCS after i finish playing BWO ... ;7

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
It has nothing to do with 3.6.9 support being dropped actually.

The problem with the prologue package is that almost every asset has been replaced over the past 3 years. Creating a patch based on the most recent data set is more or less impossible. A beta version of the patch does exist, but I do not think we'll ever release it.

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline captain-custard

ok , so what is the problem with the beta patch and is there anyway that we can help to make this a viable patch , im not trolling , i would really like to se as many of the total conversions as possible have a multiplayer dimension ,

ps
thanks for the quick reply and pm me if there is anyway i can help

Offline captain-custard

Sorry for the double post

It has nothing to do with 3.6.9 support being dropped actually.

The problem with the prologue package is that almost every asset has been replaced over the past 3 years. Creating a patch based on the most recent data set is more or less impossible. A beta version of the patch does exist, but I do not think we'll ever release it.

is there anyway i could get to see the Beta version ? and test it a little ?

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
it is outdated and breaks SP

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
all the new stuff is more shiny  :)
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.