Author Topic: WCHF Discussion thread (was: kevin caccamo's landreich campaign?)  (Read 146344 times)

Offline Talon 1024

• How do you turn this on?
    • Mods, Games, and Stuff
Re: kevin caccamo's landreich campaign?
A new website for Wing Commander: Hostile Frontier is in the works.  Here's a screenshot of my current progress.  I'll put it online as soon as all the pages under "Navigation" are completed.
To understand religion, you need to understand morality first. | WCSaga website | WCSaga Forum | 158th website | 158th forum | Project Leader: WC: Hostile Frontier | WCHF Thread at CIC | Wing Blender | Twist of Fate | Multipart turrets on angled surfaces, tutorial included. | My Google Drive stuff | To convert speeds from WC to WCS, multiply both the cruise speed and the Afterburner speed by 0.15625 (5/32)

FS2 Mods I'm waiting on: Inferno 10th Anniversary
Current Project: Contestant Android app, Learn4Life iOS app, Blender Commander (importer).
The FreeSpace Font Foundry is back in action!

No disagreement from here. :)
Audio Converter of Enigma Campaign 2666:
http://enigma.de.to/

German translator of WC: Hostile Frontier:
http://www.ciinet.org/kevin/wchf/

My Youtube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/FekLeyrTarg?feature=mhee

Offline Talon 1024

• Mods, Games, and Stuff
The new website for Wing Commander: Hostile Frontier is now open! Check it out here.

And a new entry in my Wing Commander: Hostile Frontier Developer Diaries has been posted on the Dev Diaries page.  I will soon be updating this page with the previous developer diary entries.

Also, I'll be away for part of the March break, but hopefully I'll still be able to work on WCHF during that time.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 12:07:43 am by Talon 1024 »
To understand religion, you need to understand morality first. | WCSaga website | WCSaga Forum | 158th website | 158th forum | Project Leader: WC: Hostile Frontier | WCHF Thread at CIC | Wing Blender | Twist of Fate | Multipart turrets on angled surfaces, tutorial included. | My Google Drive stuff | To convert speeds from WC to WCS, multiply both the cruise speed and the Afterburner speed by 0.15625 (5/32)

Current Project: Contestant Android app, Learn4Life iOS app, Blender Commander (importer).

Offline Talon 1024

• Mods, Games, and Stuff
Well, I don't know how to make textures in the style of WCSaga final, but if I can get help from Scooby and other WCS team members with that, I'll try and texture them in the same style as WCSaga final

We will probably publish all the Photoship files involved and I'll ask Scooby for all the Photoshop scripts he used (and I'll publish mine as well of course). Scobby also has written a few tutorials which we will also publish of course. That should help you folks along.

Edit: That's still up to Scooby mostly of course and other modelers involved, depending on the model in question, but I doubt they have anything against releasing the files. We'll discuss this amongst the team once we have released.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 02:45:37 pm by KeldorKatarn »

I agree with Deathsnake. :)

My Youtube Channel:

Offline Arrow

• Denglish Interpreter
Nice work on those ships!

We will probably publish all the Photoship files involved and I'll ask Scooby for all the Photoshop scripts he used (and I'll publish mine as well of course). Scobby also has written a few tutorials which we will also publish of course. That should help you folks along.

Edit: That's still up to Scooby mostly of course and other modelers involved, depending on the model in question, but I doubt they have anything against releasing the files. We'll discuss this amongst the team once we have released.

Yup, I'll release the scripting   :)
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

Offline Talon 1024

• Mods, Games, and Stuff
Re: WCHF Discussion thread (was: kevin caccamo's landreich campaign?)
Will you guys also release whatever tool(s) you used to create the nebula skyboxes? I'd like to convert my backgrounds into skyboxes so that people with lower-end computers don't get a large performance hit from the backgrounds.

Offline Talon 1024

• Mods, Games, and Stuff
I have a question for the German-speaking WC fans: Should I get the WCHF website translated into German, since I am also releasing the WCHF Demo in German?

Btw what happened with your recreation of the Pre-WC3/Prophecy-style flightphysics?

My Youtube Channel:

Offline Talon 1024

• Mods, Games, and Stuff
It had a bad effect on gameplay balance, so I'm not officially supporting it anymore.

Offline Talon 1024

• Mods, Games, and Stuff
More screenshots! (and some new videos, too!)

Finally, ship nameplates are working properly! The new shaders for the 3.6.14 mediavps (available in this thread and in the 3.6.12 mediavps patch/update) alleviate the problem where the nameplate would appear as a flat black polygon if "specularity" was applied to it.

KIS Takh'lath being engaged and destroyed by Confederation ships.  Note the weapon piercing effects:

New thruster FX redux! Thanks to Jessnec for handing me his unused thruster effects that he originally made for Syrk: The Unification Wars:

And I've finally added a few things to the hangar of the Wake-class CVE:

Also, here are the videos:

I've been working on a simulator mission to help players learn essential combat tactics.  Many players couldn't get past mission 2 of the WCSaga Prologue, supposedly because they kept getting hit by enemy missiles.  This video mainly shows the FREDed ship selection system that will be used in this mission and other new simulator missions:
http://wchf.hard-light.net/videos/wchf-tactrain.ogg

This is the most awesome explosion ever in WCHF:
http://wchf.hard-light.net/videos/wchf-explosion.ogg

The videos are encoded in OGG Theora, so you may need to use VLC to play it, though some web browsers support playing OGG theora natively.  Also, sorry for the lack of sound, but the software I was using to record these videos doesn't support audio capture.  BTW, these videos work really well in Firefox 4!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 02:47:29 am by Talon 1024 »

Offline Talon 1024

• Mods, Games, and Stuff
I tried adding some more windows to the Exeter, but it didn't initially work out as well as I had hoped...

Now that's more like it!

Offline Talon 1024

• Mods, Games, and Stuff
I've added a new entry to the developer diaries.  This one's about mission design; making good missions and then making them awesome.

NOTE: I'm still looking for mission designers, writers, and FREDers.  Please apply here if you're interested.

Offline Talon 1024

• Mods, Games, and Stuff
Here are some screenshots of ships with shadows.  I was playing around with Valathil's shadow build and it was very awesome seeing the ships in the F3 lab.

Offline Talon 1024

• Mods, Games, and Stuff
Dayum, I haven't posted in this thread since last year!

Anyways, here's a status update.

I'm trying to add a checkpoint to mission 1, and it's not working out very well.  As of now, I can't even autopilot to Nav 1.
I'm also working on mission 4.

Finally, I've decided to give the WCHF Landreich capships the same type of overhaul I gave the Bengal-class for WCAG and Enigma 2666.  It will be a while before I post some screenshots, though, as they're not nearly ready to be imported into the game.

:eek: Can't wait.

Anything going on here?