Author Topic: Ships to be included in WCS Final?  (Read 6302 times)

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Ships to be included in WCS Final?
I just picked up WC 1 & 2 the other day... I've yet to play them, and I'm not sure when I'll start. However, I was looking through some of the listed fighter types. The current listed Wing Commander Saga roster of fighters seems to be a mix of WC2 ships and beyond... with only certain types actually being included.

That said, I just have to know... will the team attempt to include all or as many craft as possible from the whole of the Wing Commander series?
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
Re: Ships to be included in WCS Final?
We include all ships we need. It's the full WC3 rooster of course, as well as some all new and some older ships. Including some from other WC games  :)
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Been trying to sneak this out of these guys for years they don't ever seem to want to give any thing up. They made some badass models for the morningstar, epee, ferret and a bunch of other wing commander ships.  I do hope that they include them in the final version of the mod even if they don't show up in the campaign portion of it.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 02:50:10 pm by Stone48420 »

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
One of the reasons I started the thread is that when I got WC1, included with it was a set of high-resolution blueprints of the four Terran fighters, approximately 3260 x 2180 each. The fighters look like they'd be very easy to model. I would assume Scooby or another team member would have done this by now, though.
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

"Jesus saves.

"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline Haliwali

• Cake is a lie.
    • Myspace. Please be my friend
As a matter of fact, someone is making model based strictly on the blueprints over on the CIC right now.

BTW
We include all ships we need. It's the full WC3 rooster

Really? Chickens will be flyable?
The cake is a Lie.

They littered the beach as dense as a crowded Tokyo street during a Final Fantasy release riot. The slow, tottering advance only heightened the suspense of this freakishly ironic scene.

The turtles were revolting,
and nobody could stop them.

First they came for the Jedi,
and I did not speak out.
because I was not a Jedi.
Then they came for the giant robots.
and I did not speak out
because I was not a giant robot.
Then they came for the Nerds,
and I was screwed.

Sparkly Weasel, meet Forceful Chainsaw

Offline starlord

I wonder... why keep the gothri? :wtf:

I believe armada designs are newer and more in the WC3 time line: Perhaps the goran (quite a heavy hitter)...

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
I wonder... why keep the gothri? :wtf:

I believe armada designs are newer and more in the WC3 time line: Perhaps the goran (quite a heavy hitter)...

atmospheric flight capable
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline starlord

Don't you have the ekapshi?

Got to understand even though you see the gothri in wing commander 2 shes still around fighting in privateer which takes place around wing commander 3 period. Personally I would love to see all the wing commander ships modeled and put into this total conversion. Some of those armada kilrathi ship designs are just wicked looking.  I remember a few years ago these guys were pumping out the models like crazy kinda missing those days. Since the custom cockpits are not going to be included was wondering if more ships were gonna be thrown in there.(multiplayer and custom missions is kinda why I keep on pushing this ;))

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Would love to see the Concordia mock up you guys posted shots of a while back
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
I think we've covered most of kilrathi vessels right now. KDN is coming online in a couple of days / weeks. That plus three kilrathi installations.

Polishing of confed vessels takes a bit more time than expected since we had to start from scratch (more or less). Still, there'll be enough ships in the game to keep you happy - all vessels from WC3 (original + concept art), a couple from WC2 (on both sides) plus, maybe, a few suprises.

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
I would assume Scooby or another team member would have done this by now, though.
Scooby did make a Raptor model.
Not the original though which nearly killed me.

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
When I get the nerve to fire up DOSbox, I'll have to take a few in-game images and play around with the WC1 models. There's just too many images of the things... in detail... to justify not modeling them.

-Nuke

"Jesus saves.

"

-Flipside

-Nuke

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
If you want to model the WC1 ships, why not take the blueprints of the fighters?
Also the Clawmarks have pretty good drawings for modeling the basic shape of all cap ships.
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
When I get the nerve to fire up DOSbox, I'll have to take a few in-game images and play around with the WC1 models. There's just too many images of the things... in detail... to justify not modeling them.

Don't let us hold you up.  :lol:

-WC Saga's beta tester

I think we've covered most of kilrathi vessels right now. KDN is coming online in a couple of days / weeks. That plus three kilrathi installations.

Polishing of confed vessels takes a bit more time than expected since we had to start from scratch (more or less). Still, there'll be enough ships in the game to keep you happy - all vessels from WC3 (original + concept art), a couple from WC2 (on both sides) plus, maybe, a few suprises.

In your debt, as ever.
It does take time to make something as good as this, so we will all be waiting.
If you want to be ready for Wing Commander Saga: The Darkest Dawn, then download and play the prologue first.

Here,

http://www.wcsaga.com/downloads/files/download/releases-prologue-setup-exe.html

Then, while waiting for the Darkest dawn, Download Starshatter 4.02

http://www.starshattermods.com/infusions/pro_download_panel/download.php?did=214

You 'll understand why once you have.

Offline starlord

Indeed...

when I see the fralath or dubav new designs I still can't stop myself drooling... ;7

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
If you want to model the WC1 ships, why not take the blueprints of the fighters?
Also the Clawmarks have pretty good drawings for modeling the basic shape of all cap ships.

Yalp. I've got those. However, playing the game itself and seeing all the... would it be 480x640 resolution?... artwork would probably be a help (though if I go full res on my 1440x900 monitor it's going to be terribly stretched  :D). I'm noting this with reference to ships like the Scimitar, which are drawn differently depending on where you look. In Clawmarks, the ship appears both with the heavily framed canopy and the recessed canopy in the line drawings. In the blueprints... there's not too much consitancy either in regards to that fighter.

-Nuke

"Jesus saves.

"

-Flipside

-Nuke

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
Well "studing" WC, its art and stats you will find out that many things don't match. ^_^

Anyway I attached an image of all the WC1 ships ingame graphics

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline starlord

Remember the SM designs also, such as the diligent, the venture, the sivar, the hriss and the snakeir...

Also, I once recall the CIC making referrences to a cruiser (Gettysburg class) being nearly comparable in design to the exeter destroyers... I'm not sure of the differences between the 2 though...
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 11:31:13 am by starlord »