Author Topic: Armor Quadrants?  (Read 5287 times)

And I thought it was a cool and harmless lavalamp :D

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
 :bump:

This is another feature that we had to cut due to time pressure. Including it would require a complete overhaul of the damage and shield code which just takes too long.
We however might have the chance to make use of existing but not final code to change the number of shield quadrants. Since over time WC ships had a different number of quadrants here, sometimes 4 sometimes 2 this should be interesting for modders who want to include ships from different wc eras.

The armor layer however will not be included at this point, but rest assured that the damage a ship can take will be handled in a way that the gameplay doesn't suffer and will feel enough like wc3 :)

If any coder is willing to give this a shot though, go ahead. but we cannot guarantee that you'll be able to finish in time for us to use it and we will not delay release for this feature, and including it is far more complicated than you might think.

Any one have anything new to say on this?
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline JGZinv

• The Last Dual! Guardian
    • The FringeSpace Conversion Mod
Not that I have anything to do with WCsaga, but Tachyon used a 2 shield quadrant system
instead of 4. So if this was worked on we might have some use for it down the road.

In the last 6 months or so we got all our shield icons converted to 4 quadrant, so it's sort of
so-so on the interest list... but it would be more accurate to the universe.
True power comes not from strength, but from the soul and imagination.
Max to PCS2 to FS2 SCP Guide
The FringeSpace Conversion Mod