Author Topic: RELEASE: Steadfast Mission Dump  (Read 32205 times)

Offline Dysko

RELEASE: Steadfast Mission Dump
I decided to copy Dark Hunter's idea about a temporary thread about our campaign.

As you already know, contact with Earth has been restored and the GTVA has made a peaceful contact with the EA. Together, they started building ships that serve in a joint fleet, and the first "shared" ship is the Telemus-class GTCa Steadfast. The player is Beta 1 from the elite squadron 35th Black Eagles, lead by the mighty Alpha 1.

So, everything seems ok, right?
NOPE!!!!!
At the edge of known space, Altair is used as a scrapyard, and workers live in frightening conditions. So, they decided that it was a pity to scrap the huge fleet they had there... And so, the Altair Phoenixes were born...

So... what do you think? Post any question here.

------------------------------------------------------

Thread title edited. Please take a look at this post in order to find out more about the release of this campaign's dump.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2022, 06:12:47 am by Mobius »
My aviation photography website: GolfVictorSpotting.it

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Re: Temporary Steadfast discussion thread
And don't forget the EA rebellion.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Which EA rebellion?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Some EA Admiral... Or am I just getting tangled up...

Ignore me.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Well I had an idea...something similar, but I don't know if it will fit in the storyline. If yes, it will appear in episode 3 or 4...
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline Dysko

Re: Temporary Steadfast Discussion thread
Since I opened a thread about Steadfast, let's keep everything about Steadfast in this thread and not in the Dreamcatcher one :)

Both you and Dark Hunter should "grammar check" Steadfast. Once I solve a problem with a new weapon, I will post m6. m1-5 need grammar checking...m5 will soon be implemented with another chat...or two(takeoff and landing).

DO WHAT ARE YOU PAID FOR! :lol:
Wait, you're paying us?  :D

Sorry, I've been checking the site but I must have missed the thread where the missions are posted. My bad. :p
1) That weapon works without any problem on my PC :p
2) @Testers: the missions aren't posted yet, but as soon as everything is ok we'll post them
3) @Testers: I have to pay a bet to Alpha 1, so I can't pay you at the moment :lol: (don't worry, I'm not crazy, you'll understand what this means)

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Ehm you can send them the missions 1-5. Grammar checking also means changing the arrival of wings or warships a bit since the structure of messages changes. Then, it will be up to the testers.

The weapon works but it's definitely an AAA....

I think you should talk about the campaign and the ships we're using, for example.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Dysko

So... screenie time!!! They are from the first mission.

Beta wing taking off from the Steadfast.

Beta wing arrives near their objective.

And this?

We are using ships from INFR1, Freespace 2 and 1 (so you will need also INF:A for the FS1 ships), and other custom ships (Aldo's GVC Mafdet, StratComm's GTC Hyperion and StratComm's, LtNarol's, CODEDOG ND's and Mikhael's GTD Raynor, included in the VP).

And now, some words about the civil war.
Due to the heavy costs for the construction of the GTI Gaia, the GTVA was forced to increase taxes. This affected negatively the poor workers in the Altair Scrapyards. Always due to taxation, archaeologists and xenobiologists working on Ancients ruins in Altair had to leave, and also this affected the poor system.
With the help of the Altair-stationed 10th Fleet, they organised a coup d’etat, seizing the whole fleet that was going to be scrapped. Between the captured ships, there is also a second Colossus. The second Colossus was built as a stop-gap ship between the Capella-generation ships and the new ships. Since it was not built in secret and used slightly less powerful weaponry, it could be completed in “only” 7 years, but became obsolete quickly. Now the Altair Phoenixes (so-called because they want their home system to rise from the ashes of the Second Great War and the following crisis) use it as their flagship.
At the beginning of the rebellion, the GTVA didn’t care too much about it, because they didn’t want to deploy their assets in a backwater system. But then the APs attacked the former Vasudan capital system, Aldebaran (Vasuda Prime is now an habitable system due to the completion of the “Genesis” project. This project is taken from Awakenings…), and destroyed the fleet based there.
After this clear demonstration of the rebel’s power, a joint GTVA-EA fleet led by the GTCa Steadfast is sent in the strategic Alpha Centauri system to prevent a further spreading of the rebellion.
And here the player, Beta 1 of the elite squadron 35th Black Eagles, makes his entrance…

@Testers: check our private forum.

EDIT: Corrected GVC Mafdet's name, I wrote GVD Mafdet... :nervous:
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 08:08:59 am by Darth DySkO »

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
I see I suddenyl have more work to do.

*returns to dimly-lit workroom*
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Nuclear1

This seems familiar.

Honestly, a pimpage thread in the Missions and Campaigns forum is fine, but really try not to develop the campaign right here in the open, alright?
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Dysko

Don't worry, we won't tell you that the Altair Phoenixes are controlling Shivans and thus they have 300 Gigas that will supernova Sol and all other systems, and we won't tell you that we are going to say that the Vasudans are a creation of the Shivans and will cut many :headz: in the campaign. Finally, we won't tell you that in the final phase the GTVA will develop a 750-kilometers long mega-uber-ship-of-d00m-with-which-will-make-a-big-Shivan-0wn4g3.

:nervous:
Oh, ****, I spoilt the entire story!

:lol: :lol:
Obviously, it is a joke :)

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Right. The APs are pretty original...
The Lightblue Ribbon

Don't worry, we won't tell you that the Altair Phoenixes are controlling Shivans and thus they have 300 Gigas that will supernova Sol and all other systems, and we won't tell you that we are going to say that the Vasudans are a creation of the Shivans and will cut many :headz: in the campaign. Finally, we won't tell you that in the final phase the GTVA will develop a 750-kilometers long mega-uber-ship-of-d00m-with-which-will-make-a-big-Shivan-0wn4g3.

:nervous:
Oh, ****, I spoilt the entire story!

:lol: :lol:
Obviously, it is a joke :)

Really??? I thought that was the plot...

@testers: the missions 1.2.3. you got are old ones. i made some corrections, have a look on our forum.
@team members (Dysko&Mob): if you tell me to change sth in the missions, please don't give the testers the old missions
@everybody: i have some internet problems, i won't be very often on both forums. tell everything to darth dysko, and he will report me at school.
@dysko: nice screenshots, but avoid spoilers....

I thought the 2nd colossus should have been a mistery/surprise... i guess i was wrong.....
Steadfast  Project Member

INFERNO: ALLIANCE

Offline Snail

• SC 5
2nd Colossus?

Now I hope that is a joke. :doubt:

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
I't s not a joke...
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Oh GREAAATTT... :doubt:

Offline Dysko

The 2nd Colossus is not like the other Colossus. Since it's the only project available for a ship that responded to the Tarkin-doctrine, GTVA ordered a 2nd Colossus, but its capabilities are not like the original one: only 1 BGreen, and the engines are much less powerful. It requires only half the crew due to many automatic system.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
So its not actually a real ship.

Oh. Okay. :)

Unless the Altair Phoenixes get ahold of it and refit it, of course.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
That's the point.

They need supplies...however...
The Lightblue Ribbon

ok, ok, now stop the Colossus2 spoiler....
talk about sth else, like the reasons for the barnard (hippocrates in the screenshot) being there damaged... it's far more interesting, isn't it?  :lol:
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 10:27:56 am by Admiral Edivad »
Steadfast  Project Member

INFERNO: ALLIANCE