Sometimes
4 (16%)
Rarely
5 (20%)
Never
9 (36%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Voting closed: August 29, 2003, 03:37:22 pm

Author Topic: The good, the bad, and the PXO  (Read 3746 times)

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
The good, the bad, and the PXO
How often do you play on the PXO? What are you impressions about FS2 multiplayer? What skill pilot are you having?
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I tried to get into Multiplayer a few months back but couldn't find any games that weren't already running or password protected every time I tried.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
Im guessing that Gamespy Arcade supports FreeSpace? It prbably is used more then... (If it is)
VBB Survivor -- 387 Posts -- July 3 2001 - April 12 2002
VWBB Survivor -- 100 Posts -- July 10 2002 - July 10 2004

AHTW

Offline JC Denton

• Node For Me
Last I checked, FS2 wasn't supported by Gamespy Arcade, since [V] had its own network for multiplay.  Besides, don't you have to have specific code for GSA to function in a game?

And anyways, I rarely (if ever) played FS online because I've got such a poor connection to the internet.
"I condemn false prophets, I condemn the effort to take away the power of rational decision, to drain people of their free will -- and a hell of a lot of money in the bargain. Religions vary in their degree of idiocy, but I reject them all. For most people, religion is nothing more than a substitute for a malfunctioning brain."  - Gene Roddenberry

"Democracy substitutes election by the incompetent many for appointment by the corrupt few." - George Bernard Shaw

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
I have just played on PXO with a man of absolute 0 knowledge of english, he couldn't understand what I wanted with c,3,1. His longest message was : ?????????

Otherwise, the connection was slow, and data missed. I was firing at an Osiris for hours, but it hasn't inflicted any damages. But otherwise PXO is a good thing.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Haven't played FS2 multiplayer since probably 1999.  And I had so few games.  One was great...the one with a couple of V devs was the best I played for sure :)
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline DeepSpace9er

• Bakha bombers rule
  • Avoid the beam and you wont get hit
There's somewhat of a PXO community left.. maybe 10 or 12 i see the most frequently. I cant host a game because of router reasons and most of the games are pasword protected anyway.. so i just stick to getting 500 DFcrosses in Single Player :)

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I used to play for several hours every day at one time, but now have not played in over two years; maybe I should load it up sometime...

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
I haven't played PXO in a long time. The last time I did, the same day, my dog died :(

It's not like there's many games, either.

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
It's been a while since I've played as well. For a while, it seemed like it was taking the route of Battle.net where the only people on were 10 year old kids who thought they were G-d's gift to the gaming world...
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline silverwolf

• whoa...he still pops in
i used to play pxo till about 2 months after i joined a squad it died so i left pxo and became a beta tester

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Has anyone validated his/her own missions? I posted mine to [email protected] but I received no feedback, and my mission is still invalid. I have followed the instructions of www.freespace2.com/missions.cfm as it was written down, but still no response.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
[V] are no longer validating missions IIRC. Kick in the teeth to all of those who worked hard on mission pack 3 really. :hopping:
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
[V] doesn't do anything FS related anymore...
VBB Survivor -- 387 Posts -- July 3 2001 - April 12 2002
VWBB Survivor -- 100 Posts -- July 10 2002 - July 10 2004

AHTW

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
I haven't played in months really, shame too, I was pretty good. Good enough for squadwar anyway

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Is the PXO server basically slow, or there is a problem with my Internet connection? I was firing at a target for hours, saw the impact of my missiles, but my target hasn't damaged.

I just wanted to ask all of these, because I need at least one another man to test my Multi Team vs. Team and dogfight missions. I haven't seen them in the game, only in FRED.

Offline Cetanu

• http://165thbdhr.com/
Originally posted by TopAce
Has anyone validated his/her own missions? I posted mine to [email protected] but I received no feedback, and my mission is still invalid. I have followed the instructions of www.freespace2.com/missions.cfm as it was written down, but still no response.

Like the others already noticed: [V] doesn't care much about FS2 on PXO anymore, if you want details about my email dialog with Todd M. why there won't be new valid multiplayer missions >> check the topic on the BDHR forums.
Is the PXO server basically slow, or there is a problem with my Internet connection? I was firing at a target for hours, saw the impact of my missiles, but my target hasn't damaged.

I just wanted to ask all of these, because I need at least one another man to test my Multi Team vs. Team and dogfight missions. I haven't seen them in the game, only in FRED.

You know that the PXO servers only provide the interface for chat, visible game servers and stats storage? You don't actually PLAY on the PXO servers. So any lag effects you encountered are a connection problem between the hosting player (or standalone server) and the client computers.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2003, 08:47:46 am by 556 »
Work is the curse of the drinking class
Keeper of BDHR's Holy Grail of Beer

Valid PXO/F2NETD multiplayer missions - mirrors: 1,2
Additional valid F2NETD multiplayer missions - mirrors: 1,2
Voicefiles for these missions - mirrors: 1,2

Offline Drew

• http://www.galactic-quest.com
i played on PXO for a while about a year ago, then i lost my internet connection for about 2 months so i quit playing.....

i just recently started up again.....
[(WWF - steroids + ties - spandex) / Atomic Piledrivers] - viewing audience = C-SPAN

My god.. He emptied the gasoline tank from the van onto your cat, lit him on fire, threw him in the house and dove for cover.  :wtf: Family indeed.  ~ KT

Happiness is belt fed.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
If you are a logged in PXO player, please write your pilot name, so next time if I we meet somebody, let us know who we are playing with.

Guess what my pilot name is... :)

Offline Drew

• http://www.galactic-quest.com
If you are a logged in PXO player, please write your pilot name, so next time if I we meet somebody, let us know who we are playing with.

Guess what my pilot name is... :)

Death Box...
and i have no idea what ur pilot name is:rolleyes:
[(WWF - steroids + ties - spandex) / Atomic Piledrivers] - viewing audience = C-SPAN

My god.. He emptied the gasoline tank from the van onto your cat, lit him on fire, threw him in the house and dove for cover.  :wtf: Family indeed.  ~ KT

Happiness is belt fed.