Poll

How many attempts did it take for you to complete the mission?(Timeout: 60 days)

8 (21.1%)
2-3
13 (34.2%)
3-6
8 (21.1%)
6-10
6 (15.8%)
11-17
1 (2.6%)
More
2 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: December 01, 2003, 01:19:22 pm

Author Topic: Be honest: Bearbaiting  (Read 8207 times)

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
i destroyed all four beams
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Originally posted by Blue Lion
I actually beat the game the first time around, every mission, first time around.

It was on Very Easy, so sue me

Same here:nervous:

Well, except for maybe one or two, when I couldn't figure what they wanted done, but I immediately redid them.
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

What happened to me is due completely to me starting the game on Very Hard and bumping it down to Hard for most of the rest of the game (with extremely annoying missions that I just CAN'T beat bumped to Easy out of frustration).

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Sometimes I cannot understand those people, who start a new game on Verh Hard for the very first time. I decided to stop playing on Medium skill for the very first time in the case of Jedi Knight II. I managed to beat the game, but I am playing on easy since that.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline magatsu1

and here's me thinkin' all you guys were all FS masters, played on very hard and kicked it's ass every time.

I'm dissapointed. You guys suck. ;) :lol:
Blitzerland: Knows what he's talkin' about

First time through the game: 3 Beams in one attempt.  Second time: about 4 attempts to get 2 Beams.  Latest (on Medium instead of Easy): about 10 attempts to figure out the correct approacha angle, 4 to take out two Beams, another 6 before I got all four, and then another try to avoid getting vaporised by one of the Beleth's Beams while divebombing...  The last try involved perfect angle of approach vs all the Sathanas forward Beams (two Helii on each), one Helios into a Sathanas Flak gun, one Helios into a Beleth Beam Cannon, then the remaining two into the Beleth's engines.
'And anyway, I agree - no sig images means more post, less pictures. It's annoying to sit through 40 different sigs telling about how cool, deadly, or assassin like a person is.' --Unknown Target

"You know what they say about the simplest solution."
"Bill Gates avoids it at every possible opportunity?"
-- Nuke and Colonol Drekker

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Originally posted by magatsu1

Thank you in the name of the community :)
Now, Mr. Master, can you answer us 'which was first, the hen or the egg?'

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline pyro-manic

• Flambé

Hey! Screw you, then! :D :p
Any fool can pull a trigger...

Offline nucas

i took down two beams on the first run, brought down four on the second. all in the afterburners.
never managed to bring down the flak. i generally assign my incompetent wingmen that task, which they fail at. horribly.
i don't remember if i managed the bring down the beleth as well. it's been too long.

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
first time through: 2
i can get 4 on medium
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Culando

I THINK, I knocked down 3 of them and blasted the destroyer on my first time not dieing. I could be wrong.
The boy who cried project.

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Bearbaiting tormented me, because I took down all four beams on Insane on the very first try, and then - I jumped out by accident, not knowing that the Beleth was about to arrive in-system. So I replayed the mission, took down the four, and found the bonus cannon. :p So, 2 attempts.
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline magatsu1

Originally posted by TopAce

Thank you in the name of the community :)
Now, Mr. Master, can you answer us 'which was first, the hen or the egg?'

The Hen. It evolved.
Next Question. :D

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Originally posted by Setekh
Bearbaiting tormented me, because I took down all four beams on Insane on the very first try, and then - I jumped out by accident, not knowing that the Beleth was about to arrive in-system. So I replayed the mission, took down the four, and found the bonus cannon. :p So, 2 attempts.

I really really dislike you.

And I don't remember how many tries - I think I got 2 on the first try and simply went on and got the other 2 in the next mission.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Which came first?

I always thought it was the Cockerel ;)

Sorry

Flipside :D

It was the egg.  This is a fact.  Genetic alteration occurs almost always between hen and egg, but rarely between egg and hen.  So the egg could come from a bird that wasn't actually a hen (but genetically very close, of course).

Now let's please not start another argument about evolution.
'And anyway, I agree - no sig images means more post, less pictures. It's annoying to sit through 40 different sigs telling about how cool, deadly, or assassin like a person is.' --Unknown Target

"You know what they say about the simplest solution."
"Bill Gates avoids it at every possible opportunity?"
-- Nuke and Colonol Drekker

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Bah you're all missing the point. Nowhere in the question does it say the egg is a chickens egg. So the egg was first since there were creatures that laid eggs for millions of years before the chicken came along :D
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor

The Hen. It evolved.
Next Question. :D

:D

You are absolutely cool.

I got all four beams and one flak gun on my first try, but then got a face first look at the inside of a Sathanas.  16 tries later, all 4 beams, both flak arrays, and the Beleth reduced to Shivan-coloured space dust.  Phoenicia and the Vasudan corvette survived.

16 tries?  Damn, I'm pathetic.
#Bal kote, darasumm knte,
  Jorso'ran kando a tome,
  Sa kyr'am Nau tracyn kad, Vode an#

- Traditional Mandalorian war chant

Offline magatsu1

Originally posted by TopAce

:D

You are absolutely cool.

um, thankyou ?
*not sure if TopAce is being sarcastic*