Author Topic: PUBLIC BETA: Knossos 0.13.2 (combined launcher/installer)  (Read 31515 times)

Re: PUBLIC BETA: Knossos 0.13.2 (combined launcher/installer)
Total conversions appear to work fine.

Hello,

Just bought Freespace 2 to play for the first time and wanted to try out the graphical improvements. I'm trying to use this Knossos installer but at the point during the setup where it's asking where my Freespace 2 retail game is installed I'm getting the following error message when I confirm its location:
"A critical error occurred! Knossos might not work correctly until you restart it. The error has been reported and will hopefully be fixed soon."

Knossos can see where it is but it's not working. When I restart Knossos and try to install any of the mods a separate box headed "Retail data missing" appears. Again it can see the folder but it doesn't want to install it. If I try to select any of the .exe files it brings up the same error message "A critical error occurred! Knossos might not work correctly until you restart it. The error has been reported and will hopefully be fixed soon."

Any ideas? When I initially installed Knossos my Norton anti-virus got jittery about it but I instructed it to leave well alone. I'm using the Gog version of the game and I'm on Windows 10 if that helps.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Where is your GOG FreeSpace installed to?  Wondering if it's permissions?  Eh, someone who knows more will be along shortly, don't worry.  ;)

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
IIRC ngld said there's a bug in the 0.13.x versions that'll be fixed soon. In the meantime you can try installing 0.12.4, install FS2 retail, then upgrade to 0.13.x.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Linux OBS Packages: FSO 3.7.0 | FSO BP Build | wxLauncher (?) | PCS2 (?) | wxVPView (?)
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

IIRC ngld said there's a bug in the 0.13.x versions that'll be fixed soon. In the meantime you can try installing 0.12.4, install FS2 retail, then upgrade to 0.13.x.

Thanks! Using the earlier version seemed to have worked!

Offline ksotar

Where to get old one?

UPD here https://github.com/ngld/knossos/releases