Author Topic: Wish list for Top-Secret Total Conversion  (Read 4931 times)

Offline Killfrenzy

• Slaughter-class cruiser
  • Randomly Existing
Wish list for Top-Secret Total Conversion
I've flown down a tunnel that I made inside a giant cube, with no drop in frame rate at all. I put a Cain inside the large room at the end, called it 'Reactor' and made a sexp that when it was destroyed, a few seconds later the Cube would also go BANG.

So no drop in frame rate at all - I spose that if the ship was more complex it would happen, but I dunno.
Death has more impact than life, for everyone dies, but not everyone lives. [/b]
-Tomoe Hotaru (Sailor Saturn
------------
Founder of Shadows of Lylat

Offline Fry_Day

I meant that if you'd use poly-counts so that your average amount of visible polies is comparable to a game that was made with indoor graphics in mind, you'd have a much worse frame-rate.

Offline RandomTiger

Keep it simple, use clever textures and it might be OK.
Perhaps bumpmapping could help if we can get that in.

Offline Killfrenzy

• Slaughter-class cruiser
  • Randomly Existing
The idea is that the ship is so impossibly HUGE that when you come to the 'Tunnel Run' you're so close to the ship that you can't see 99% of it! The idea is a wall of ship with turrets and some shape and texturing to it - you blow off a hatch cover, fly in, destroy the cooling systems, then get out before the ship goes nova.
Death has more impact than life, for everyone dies, but not everyone lives. [/b]
-Tomoe Hotaru (Sailor Saturn
------------
Founder of Shadows of Lylat