Author Topic: Disarm feature  (Read 2041 times)

Offline Hudzy

• Apollo Pilot
I don't know if this idea has already been put forward, but here goes anyway. :) How about a function that could lock your missiles so that you couldn't accidenty shoot one off if they were locked. It's not an earth-shattering change I know, but there's nothing more frustrating than being in a fighter with a low secondary capacity, armed with Tornados, and suddenly you shoot a volley of eight and that's like a third of your payload gone. :( Plus recently, my joystick tends to take the game into its own hands, firing when it likes, changing target when it likes etc. :mad: So that lock feature would be useful for me. Anyone else agree?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2002, 12:09:11 pm by 782 »

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
Originally posted by Hudzy
I don't know if this idea has already been put forward, but here goes anyway. :) How about a function that could lock your missiles so that you couldn't accidenty shoot one off if they were locked. It's not an earth-shattering change I know, but there's nothing more frustrating than being in a fighter with a low secondary capacity, armed with Tornados, and suddenly you shoot a volley of eight and that's like a third of your payload gone. :( Plus recently, my joystick tends to take the game into its own hands, firing when it likes, changing target when it likes etc. :mad: So that lock feature would be useful for me. Anyone else agree?

what would be useful is that you buy a new joystick methink :p
SCREW CANON!

Offline Hudzy

• Apollo Pilot
Yeah true. But maybe I can't afford one just now. Plus you get such features in aircraft today.

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Hang on....you've got a fire wait time of 2.5 seconds.  If thats not long enough for you to depress the trigger than something is kinda wrong.  I always fire volleys of eight anyways :)
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Hudzy

• Apollo Pilot
It was a joystick problem it seems. Especially now that the stick part of it has come off :doh:

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
If it annoys you that much, just add 'no_dumbfire' in the flags of every seeker weapon.......

Offline Killfrenzy

• Slaughter-class cruiser
  • Randomly Existing
Which would make some kind of sense! :D
Death has more impact than life, for everyone dies, but not everyone lives. [/b]
-Tomoe Hotaru (Sailor Saturn
------------
Founder of Shadows of Lylat

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
    • http://nodewar.penguinbomb.com/forum
Originally posted by Hudzy
Plus recently, my joystick tends to take the game into its own hands, firing when it likes, changing target when it likes etc. :mad: So that lock feature would be useful for me. Anyone else agree?

If it's just targetting things that are in your field of view then you've probably got auto-target on (at least I think that's what that does).
"I.....don't.....CARE!!!!!" ---- an0n
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat
~-=~!@!~=-~ : Nodewar.com