Author Topic: Wow...jut wow  (Read 5205 times)

Offline Aether

Normal fixed-wing aircraft use primarily roll (ailerons) and pitch (elevator) to maneuver. The yaw (rudder) is used to coordinate turns so that the aircraft flies through the air with as little slip angle as possible, or conversely to increase the slip angle to slow down the aircraft by increasing the drag. Rudder is also important in recovering from abnormal flight envelopes such as spins.

In this light it seems odd that you would suggest someone used to flight simulators to use yaw instead of roll.

You're absolutely right ;) I got confused by thinking roll meant the same thing as yaw (it's been a while since I've played a proper flight sim).
So I basically thought Roll/Yaw= turning the wings and Turn = turning the rudder.

Anyway, in light of the Tech help being turned private (or at least for me?) I shall stop posting seeing as I believe I've done all I can to help in my limited capacity :)

Best of luck to you iceman ;)
So say we all!

This has gone private?uh oh...hehe jk jk,I appreciate your help and tips Aether and thanks again.

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
I have a xbox contoller and the joystick and I unplug the controller when using the joystick... thats it, and thanks for all the tips and i do totally agree with you Herra, you do need all controls for a flight sim experience.

About the binding process, all I do is select the control... click bind then assign the joystick movement and the game recognises it but in game it doesn't work except for the one movement, the most confusing thing is it does recognise pitch axis but ingame... nothing.

I followed the debug link but having never done this b4 i cant find that pawprint thing where to start the process (yes i have no idea, feel free to laugh now, lol). My old Logitech has served me well through many a battle but I'll try removing the driver and give it another go, which key for a screeny? Thanx guys.

PrintScreen key is the screenshot key. It will make an image file in ..\Diaspora\Screenshots\ directory.

Please check Sensitivity and Deadzone settings in the F2 menu screen. If they're set too low and high (respectively) it's possible that the game is not registering movement on the controls.

You can run Debug build by selecting the Debug build in Diaspora's launcher (known as wxLauncher), and then running the game. You should then find the debug log in Diaspora\data\fs2_open.log

What Aether meant about private was that this is a tech help thread, and shouldn't be contaminated with off-topic discussion, that's all.
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Well i uninstalled and reinstalled and i too think that this is something simple as it simply will not do anything but recognise the 1 command which is roll or turn,i ran the debug and took a couple of screenys so here they are...
              I cant upload the screenys as they are in tga format

[attachment removed and sold on the black market]
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 03:28:19 pm by iceman24 »

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
Either convert screenshots to JPG or PNG and upload them, or simply upload TGA files on mediafire or other media host.

Did you check the sensitivity/deadzone settings in the game options screen?
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Its working,I was just about to uninstall and forget about it,remember i havent even done the first mission right?so i tried one more time,this time i mapped all the thrust and direction buttons to keyboard and through trial and error i finally lined up with that damn drone,then the dude says ok now lets try PITCH!...yep,so back to F2 and i mapped the controls to the joystick and it works,man that is one THOROUGH tutorial...now first thing i owe you guys a big apology...second,thanks for the tips, hints and help and third,well done on a damn good  and faithful flight sim though im just getting into it now...adios guys.