Author Topic: Training mission 2 blue 1 won't go down (sim 0% hull but won't "die")  (Read 1627 times)

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Training mission 2 blue 1 won't go down (sim 0% hull but won't "die")
Training mission 2 - Blue 1 won't go down (sim 0% hull but won't "die"), I have patch 1.0.3 installed, checked root, no other patch vps in main dir.  Had a problem with a crash at the end of training mission 1 with initial release, but that seems to have been addressed with one of the patches.

Debug version crashes before the part where the bomber arrives or just after.

Debug log attached and Pastebinned for the next month.

Win 7 x64, core i7, 6GB RAM

Eh, nVidia GeForce GT 540M, however, it's using the Intelgrated... I had set this to nVidia in the nVidia Control Panel, I just double-checked nVidia CP, and both the regular and debug are set to nVidia, not Intelgrated, so I don't know how it's overriding that.  :confused: That's probably why I had crashes earlier.  Anyways...:

http://pastebin.com/gXrU8k7z

[attachment deleted by a basterd]

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: Training mission 2 blue 1 won't go down (sim 0% hull but won't "die")
Damnit, I think there is a bug in that mission. I'll get that one fixed immediately.

The odd thing is that it worked for me when I tested it but looking at it now, I can't think how that possibly could have happened.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 06:51:38 pm by karajorma »
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
... How come we haven't heard more about this one then?? You would think if no one except for a few people could progress past the second training mission, people would notice and mention it... :confused:

Offline Frak_Tastic

• Giggity Giggity Fracker!
Confirmed.  I thought because I had restarted an existing pilot in a campaign I hit this bug, but it appears for a new pilot as well.

Lucky for Blue 1 it was simunition!    :D  I nearly emptied all three magazines in him.  :banghead:

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Download patch 1.0.3 and run it again. It should work now.

The bug was only added in 1.0.3. It was an attempt to fix a different bug (Directives for Blue one and Obit weren't appearing). Hopefully now they're both gone. :p
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]