Author Topic: [WIP] Rekt Galaxies  (Read 18195 times)

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
A quality mission DOES NOT have to "take advantage of newly introduced features in FSO."  Don't pack so many advanced features in that the mission does not work or cannot be debugged.  Start with well-known basic features, then build up one feature at a time as you learn how features interact.

And it is more than just not crashing FSO - you must be able to complete the mission, without error flags, without hung-up objectives, with a clear ending.  I know that from a story standpoint sometimes not all objectives are achievable, but don't worry about those for this first mission.  Make sure there are clear exit criteria to finish the mission.  Play it yourself, repeatedly, doing unexpected things to try to break it, before releasing it as a demo.

And it should be fun.  That last one may be the most nebulous and the hardest.  But if you make a mission that people can finish, they can focus their feedback on how to make it more fun, instead of pointing out everything that does not work.
This is what I am exactly trying to do. I end up changing my mind after reading this. What ideas do I have in mind? I have decided that the first mission will include a high-quality variation of the Ancient-Shivan War welcome aboard, with "space nuggets" and some NSFW material thrown about. I don't want it to be similar to first missions of FS1, FS2, Blue Planet, Inferno and ASW, as well as others such as Wing Commander, Starlancer, and X-Wing to name a few, even to the very smallest part. I want to be unique. A battle, perhaps.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 12:19:50 pm by Bryan See »
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

bryan is it possible that the nsfw material in this mod will include depictions of mammary spheres?
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    • Twitter
bryan is it possible that the nsfw material in this mod will include depictions of mammary spheres?
Possible, but I'm looking into it... But expletives.

The first mission would make use of world-building. Rekt Galaxies is set in the same universe as Mortal Engines movie, allowing its universe to be expanded. I expect fleeting references, with one exception - an air battle which takes place somewhere in the middle you talked about.

You start in outer space. There are at least two factions, plus one from a non-FreeSpace and non-Descent alien race. I prefer the Combine Empire or Universal Union from Half-Life 2. Future episodes will deal with possible alien races such as the Battura, the Bosconians and the Sadeen.

I thought episodic games allow for world-building and character development.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Possible, but I'm looking into it... But expletives.

The first mission would make use of world-building. Rekt Galaxies is set in the same universe as Mortal Engines movie, allowing its universe to be expanded. I expect fleeting references, with one exception - an air battle which takes place somewhere in the middle you talked about.

You start in outer space. There are at least two factions, plus one from a non-FreeSpace and non-Descent alien race. I prefer the Combine Empire or Universal Union from Half-Life 2. Future episodes will deal with possible alien races such as the Battura, the Bosconians and the Sadeen.

I thought episodic games allow for world-building and character development.

Man, advice.

Dont post anything at all until the next update. Please. You are making a fool of yourself and throwing yourself in bad light.

Please. The next post should be mission 1, where you will have played that single mission to see if there are errors, bugs or any sort of problems. Let that mission be a basic one.

Do this please.
Requiescat in pace

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam
Man, advice.

Dont post anything at all until the next update. Please. You are making a fool of yourself and throwing yourself in bad light.

Please. The next post should be mission 1, where you will have played that single mission to see if there are errors, bugs or any sort of problems. Let that mission be a basic one.

Do this please.

This, please.  Don't worry about world-building, Mortal Engines, non-FreeSpace IPs, or future episodes and races.  Just give us a basic, playable mission.  See what feedback you get,and where things go from there. 
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
@Rogue Assassin04: This is my next post that is about mission 1.

This mission will be more about scripted sequences involving capships and certain fighters. You cover a bomber wing, then fight off a mysterious enemy that's attacking both sides and hold off until reinforcements arrive.

The issues are a lack of dialogue, command brief (though it includes a brief welcome aboard message), briefing, debriefing, objectives, ship tabling and models (the non-Cylon ships that are being used are those UIMS I've converted from Star Ixiom and Galaxian3, with the exception of the Defiant ship which I've re-modeled from scratch).

This is the basic, playable mission I can give, deathspeed.

FYI, thank you for highlighting my problem that when I talk about things too far in advance, I am making a fool of myself and putting myself in a bad light, as well as a problem that I think that the twists and turns that I'm going through would probably drive people here at HLP more crazy than just being silent about it, until I can be very sure about what's happening next.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

@Rogue Assassin04: This is my next post that is about mission 1.

This mission will be more about scripted sequences involving capships and certain fighters. You cover a bomber wing, then fight off a mysterious enemy that's attacking both sides and hold off until reinforcements arrive.

The issues are a lack of dialogue, command brief (though it includes a brief welcome aboard message), briefing, debriefing, objectives, ship tabling and models (the non-Cylon ships that are being used are those UIMS I've converted from Star Ixiom and Galaxian3, with the exception of the Defiant ship which I've re-modeled from scratch).

This is the basic, playable mission I can give, deathspeed.

FYI, thank you for highlighting my problem that when I talk about things too far in advance, I am making a fool of myself and putting myself in a bad light, as well as a problem that I think that the twists and turns that I'm going through would probably drive people here at HLP more crazy than just being silent about it, until I can be very sure about what's happening next.

Bryan did you even try to read what i told?

Dont post anything at all until the next update.
The next post should be mission 1

I NEVER ASKED YOU TO TALK ABOUT MISSION 1. I asked you to post mission 1.

DO NOT reply to any posts or make a new post. If you want to reply to anything, or create a new post, it should JUST BE THE SINGLE MISSION.
Requiescat in pace

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
The first mission is at the attachment below, because the contents of this mission exceeds the maximum allowed length (50000 characters), sorry, Rogue Assassin04. It is developed with a custom-made, entirely new modpack (i.e. Ancient Shivan-War, Diaspora, etc.).

[attachment eaten by a Shivan]

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Bryan, if you want to convince people that you are actually a good mission designer or writer, it would help if the missions you make were, you know, actually designed or had at least some writing in them.
What you posted here is a small combat sandbox with some random ships thrown together. You didn't even bother to name the ships in them, and most of your events end in a "do-nothing".

Understand this: When we ask you to prove that you have something to offer aside from making bad posts and you give us a mission that is far, far worse than even the result of the FRED tutorial, our judgment of you as an incompetent buffoon whose only value is in being a reference for "things aspiring modders should not do" will not change.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Online Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain

If its not ready, DON'T RELEASE IT.
I don't think you do get it sometimes most times.

Please don't release anything using pre-alpha or demo as an excuse for poor quality.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

If its not ready, DON'T RELEASE IT.
I don't think you do get it sometimes most times.

Please don't release anything using pre-alpha or demo as an excuse for poor quality.

Better to yell at the earth to stop rotating or yelling at a rock to move itself
Requiescat in pace

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
Bryan, if you want to convince people that you are actually a good mission designer or writer, it would help if the missions you make were, you know, actually designed or had at least some writing in them.
What you posted here is a small combat sandbox with some random ships thrown together. You didn't even bother to name the ships in them, and most of your events end in a "do-nothing".

Understand this: When we ask you to prove that you have something to offer aside from making bad posts and you give us a mission that is far, far worse than even the result of the FRED tutorial, our judgment of you as an incompetent buffoon whose only value is in being a reference for "things aspiring modders should not do" will not change.
I know. I'll try harder to improve based on yours.

While I acknowledge your understanding, the E, I think this is where my difficulty of explaining aspects of the campaign/missions constantly changing well during development arises. I do not want to waste time here discussing such any further. So, I am working on it and I currently have absolutely nothing to say about it (one of Valve's employees said that why they have nothing to say about Half-Life 3 is they didn't actively work on the game, but whereas I am), and that you will all be notified as soon as I have material I feel certain that I are ready to share. Until then, hang in there.

If not, what should I do?

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
Since my previous mission is nothing but "a small combat sandbox with some random ships thrown together," as The E put it, I have put up a mission that is an improvement over it. I've named the ships in them, and most of your events no longer end in a "do-nothing". Plus, it has dialogue (with expletives and profanity, NSFW), command briefs, debriefing and briefing texts to help flesh out the story and the world itself, which is the same(!) universe as the Mortal Engines movie.

Once again, this mission has the length of 74951, which is well beyond the limit of 50000, sorry.

[attachment eaten by a Shivan]

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Online Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Once again, this mission has the length of 74951, which is well beyond the limit of 50000, sorry.

Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter

Because there are aspects to this:

Firstly, there is quality control to this. I have to make sure everything works for all. I want to make sure it's maximally nigh-on perfect, and that needs time.

Secondly, there's bit of story development (characters especially) and world-building, with some obscure references.

Thirdly, it makes use of a checkpoint-based save system laid out by Axem.

Fourthly, it makes use of a cutscene in the beginning. There are use of fade-out SEXPs.

And fifthly, it does determine the branching of the mission via player decisions and outcomes.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
I've posted my first mission but nobody seemed to answer. I offered my aspects behind this in the next post.

What do you say? What's next?

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
Work on the second mission plus one extra red-alert mission, a third mission, and possibly fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh and eighth missions have begun and I intend to put it on a fast track.

All of them take place in Sol, and somewhere around this time between Mission 4 and Mission 5, there's the point where the Mortal Engines movie begins with Salzhaken being eaten by London as surveyed by one of the Ancient forces, who also spotted Airhaven, Shan Guo and the Shield Wall. The sixth and seventh mission overlap with the movie's events, namely the skirmish with Shrike on Airhaven and the Anti-Tractionists' air raid against London as well as Thaddeus' attempted escape onboard his airship. The eighth mission takes place in the atmosphere, where a Battle of Exegol-like fight with Cylons occur, with a crossover with the Mortal Engines occuring here as a dogfight with the Jenny Haniver (the players are required to destroy it in order to advance). Beyond that, I'm still have nothing to say, but it will involve the Combine, with more other alien menaces are being teased.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 02:34:44 pm by Bryan See »

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
Re: [WIP] Rekt Galaxies (Spoilers)
Here is the real, first mission. It has two branches, one is red-alert and a normal mission end. Spoilers ahead, please read with caution.

Spoiler:
Code: [Select]
#Mission Info

$Version: 0.10
$Name:  XSTR("The Death of History", -1)
$Author: Bryan See
$Created: 02/05/20 at 18:50:14
$Modified: 02/08/20 at 01:12:12
$Notes:
This is a FRED2_OPEN created mission.
$End Notes:

$Mission Desc:
 XSTR("The 314th Griffins, ACa Zenobia, spearheads an armed reconnaissance mission in the asteroid field.", -1)
$end_multi_text
+Game Type Flags: 1
+Flags: 0
+Fog Near Mult: 1.000000

+Fog Far Mult: 1.000000

+Disallow Support: 0
+Hull Repair Ceiling: 0.000000
+Subsystem Repair Ceiling: 100.000000

+Viewer pos: 0.000000, 3474.555420, -5958.278809
+Viewer orient:
1.000000, 0.000000, -0.000000,
0.000000, 0.866025, 0.500000,
0.000000, -0.500000, 0.866025
+SquadReassignName: 314th Griffins

$Starting wing names: ( "Aleph" "Beth" "Gimel" )
$Squadron wing names: ( "Aleph" "Beth" "Gimel" "Daleth" "He" )
$Team-versus-team wing names: ( "Aleph" "Zayin" )

$Skybox Model: StarField.pof

$AI Profile: RG Ep1

#Sexp_variables

$Variables:
(
0 "!RG0101aStage" "0" "number"
1 "boolDerelictDeparted" "0" "number"
2 "boolDerelictDestroyed" "0" "number"
3 "saveexist" "0" "number"
)

#Cutscenes

$Fiction Viewer Cutscene: RGEp1_Intro.mp4
+formula: ( true )

#Command Briefing

$Stage Text:
 XSTR("Welcome

This is Admiral Im'halus, commanding officer of the $f ACa $f Zenobia. I extend a warm welcome to all new warriors, crew and young nuggets who have recently joined us in Deneb.

The $f Zenobia serves as flagship of Battle Group 28, based in the Crab Nebula. As some of our people's finest and strongest, you were predestined to join your fellow brothers and sisters serving the Empire's mighty navies today.

I know what thought may be residing within your minds. It may appear you are just a tiny piece of a vast dynasty. But in this empire, we are all the same. The role that everyone plays, our warriors as well as our citizens, is critical in maintaining our Empire.

Serve it well, and your name will forever be engraved in history and you will bathe in eternal glory.", -1)
$end_multi_text
$Ani Filename: <default>
+Wave Filename: none

$Stage Text:
 XSTR("Updates from the Front

We have some grave news. Imperial forces has launched Operation Clean Sweep, however their efforts have failed to halt the $h Cylon advance, despite propaganda to the contrary. The loss cut deep into our morale among those enlisted.

Intelligence reports the enemy have established their own territory abutting Imperial systems including Ross 128, Delta Serpentis and Beta Aquilae, where a major battle occured resulting in the loss of the $f GVD $f $f Chnum and twelve $f Vasudan warships.

If this keeps up at this rate, a $h Cylon victory will not only be inevitable, but also imminent in a few sectons.", -1)
$end_multi_text

$Stage Text:
 XSTR("Current Objectives

Our fleet will focus on what lies on the other side of the newly activated Deneb subspace portal. We must determine where the node leads and the extent of the $h Cylon presence there. Above all, we shall begin the push towards this system. We will have nothing to fear, no matter what they got. Our numbers will overcome them, and our weapons will bring swift death. If we must prevent the $h Cylons from abutting our systems, then we will do so and shall emerge victorious in the end. We always do.", -1)
$end_multi_text

$Stage Text:
 XSTR("Kato fighter

You are currently gifted with the privilege of flying the faithful $b Kato fighter, that has been in service ever since we first discovered subspace. While it may not be the most resilient in battle, it is very swift and her ability to use any of our armaments is unparallelled. With this privilege comes the ability to wield our light weapons. Choose wisely and true. They may just save your life.", -1)
$end_multi_text

#Briefing
$start_briefing
$num_stages: 4
$start_stage
$multi_text
 XSTR("At 1133 standard centars, the $f ACa $f Zenobia and its battlegroup entered the newly activated subspace portal in Deneb and emerged to our current position in this unexplored star system. The $f Zenobia then began a full sensor scan of the system. What we have found is rather inconclusive and inconsistent. Since then, we have been unable to identify any single ship within the immediate vicinity, nor detect any traces of communication whatsoever.", -1)
$end_multi_text
$voice: none.wav
$camera_pos: 0.000000, 3474.555420, -5958.278809
$camera_orient:
$camera_time: 500
$num_lines: 0
$num_icons: 2
$Flags: 0
$Formula: ( true )
$start_icon
$type: 26
$team: Friendly
$class: AG Knossos
$pos: 1005.817017, -9.341553, 146.177734
$label:  XSTR("Deneb Knossos", -1)
+id: 1
$hlight: 0
$mirror: 0
$multi_text
$end_multi_text
$end_icon
$start_icon
$type: 5
$class: ACa Akrotiri
$pos: -1136.253296, -9.341797, 76.005371
$label:  XSTR("Zenobia", -1)
+id: 2
$multi_text
$end_multi_text
$end_icon
$end_stage
$start_stage
$multi_text
 XSTR("This is where all of you come in. $f Zenobia $f Tactical has pinpointed several areas in the system where chances of discovering any trace of civilisation is likely. The 65th and 1116th have been sent to patrol the inner and outer system, respectively, while we scout the asteroid field in one of the largest planet's LaGrange points. The density of the field makes it a hazardous place, but it also scrambles any external sensor sweeps.", -1)
$end_multi_text
$camera_orient:
$num_icons: 1
$Flags: 1
$start_icon
$type: 5
$class: ACa Akrotiri
$pos: 126.445351, -9.342041, 7.035156
$label:  XSTR("Zenobia", -1)
+id: 2
$multi_text
$end_multi_text
$end_icon
$end_stage
$start_stage
$multi_text
 XSTR("We will launch and explore the areas identified by $f Tactical. You will fly as $f Aleph $f 2, while I will be flying as $f Aleph $f 1. Your task will be to patrol and identify any ships found in the area. $f Zenobia $f Control will be uploading the NAV coordinates to your flight computer. Once you have arrived at the designated area, follow the pattern and keep your scans active at maximum.", -1)
$end_multi_text
$camera_orient:
$Flags: 2
$start_icon
$type: 1
$class: AF Kato
$pos: 11.429710, -9.341553, -38.292480
$label:  XSTR("Aleph", -1)
+id: 3
$multi_text
$end_multi_text
$end_icon
$end_stage
$start_stage
$multi_text
 XSTR("This is your first true combat assignment, so do not attempt to underestimate its importance, young nuggets. However, we do not yet know what we're dealing with, so stay alert. Keep your eyes peeled, and be prepared to face any unexpected developments.

Everyone, clear? Time to lock and load, people.", -1)
$end_multi_text
$camera_orient:
$Flags: 0
$start_icon
$type: 1
$class: AF Kato
$pos: 11.429710, -9.341553, -38.292480
$label:  XSTR("Aleph", -1)
+id: 3
$multi_text
$end_multi_text
$end_icon
$end_stage
$end_briefing

#Debriefing_info

$Num stages: 1

$Formula: ( = @boolDerelictDestroyed[0] 1 )
$Multi text
    XSTR("The $h Cylon presence in the system was unexpected. Given the number of ships our wings have encountered, we knew an enemy basestar had to be lurking somewhere within. We haven't received any single explanation as to why they are here in the first place, given their movement. I think we'll be kept updated in due course.

Still, stopping the lone $h Cylon $h Heavy $h Raider from achieving its objectives demonstrated what we expect you as a warrior. By doing so, we disrupted their long-term plans.

We may be called in to reinforce the vessels attacking the $h Cylon basestar. Prepare for your next assignment, pilot.", -1)
$end_multi_text
$Voice: none.wav
$Recommendation text:
    XSTR("", -1)
$end_multi_text

#Alternate Types:
$Alt: Unknown Class

#end

#Players ;! 1 total

$Starting Shipname: Aleph 2
$Ship Choices: (
)

+Weaponry Pool: (
"Pharnec" 4
"Crete" 4
"Wrath" 40
"Punisher" 400
)

#Objects ;! 10 total

$Name: Aleph 1 ;! Object #0
$Class: AF Kato
$Team: Friendly
$Location: -0.730223, 0.000011, -1894.401489
$Orientation:
1.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000,
0.000000, 1.000000, 0.000000,
0.000000, 0.000000, 1.000000
$AI Behavior: None
$Cargo 1:  XSTR("Nothing", -1)
+Initial Velocity: 33
+Initial Hull: 100
+Subsystem: Pilot
$Arrival Location: Hyperspace
$Arrival Cue: ( false )
$Departure Location: Hyperspace
$Departure Cue: ( false )
$Determination: 10
+Flags: ( "cargo-known" "red-alert-carry" )
+Flags2: ( "no-subspace-drive" )
+Respawn priority: 0
+Orders Accepted: 0 ;! note that this is a bitfield!!!
+Group: 0
+Use Table Score:
+Score: 8

$Name: Aleph 2 ;! Object #1
$Location: 8.186206, 3.008100, -2178.259766
$Orientation:
+Flags: ( "cargo-known" "player-start" "red-alert-carry" )
+Use Table Score:

$Name: Aleph 3 ;! Object #2
$Location: -20.359474, -33.545689, -2047.987061
$Orientation:
+Use Table Score:

$Name: Aleph 4 ;! Object #3
$Location: 32.361729, 14.862584, -1993.345703
$Orientation:
+Use Table Score:

$Name: Unidentified ;! Object #4
$Class: PyroGX
$Alt: Unknown Class

$Team: Unknown_Ally
$Location: -1016.246094, -353.571655, 10892.894531
$Orientation:
0.161728, -0.958887, 0.233196,
0.027963, 0.240665, 0.970206,
-0.986439, -0.150389, 0.065735
+AI Class: None
$AI Goals: ( goals ( ai-play-dead 200 ) )
+Initial Hull: 48
+Initial Shields: 100
+Subsystem: sensors
$Damage: 100
+Subsystem: communication
+Subsystem: weapons
+Subsystem: navigation
+Subsystem: engine
$Arrival Cue: ( is-event-true-delay
   "Reading signal"
)
+Flags: ( "protect-ship" "no-shields" "no-arrival-warp" "hidden-from-sensors" "scannable" "red-alert-carry" "beam-protect-ship" "flak-protect-ship" "laser-protect-ship" "missile-protect-ship" )
+Flags2: ( )
+Use Table Score:
+Score: 30

$Name: Capricorn 1 ;! Object #5
$Class: Heavy Raider
$Team: Hostile
$Location: -631.054382, -353.571777, 10642.882813
$Orientation:
+AI Class: Virus infected
$AI Goals: ( goals ( ai-dock "Unidentified" "bottom dock" "Fighter Dock" 200 ) ( ai-ignore-new "Aleph 1" 199 ) ( ai-ignore-new "Aleph 2" 198 ) ( ai-ignore-new "Aleph 3" 197 ) ( ai-ignore-new "Aleph 4" 196 ) )
+Initial Velocity: 100
$Arrival Location: Near Ship
+Arrival Distance: 765
$Arrival Anchor: Unidentified
$Arrival Cue: ( is-event-true-delay
   "02 - Cylons arrive"
)
$Departure Cue: ( or
   ( has-docked-delay
      "Capricorn 1"
      "Unidentified"
      ( functional-if-then-else
         ( skill-level-at-least "Medium" )
         ( functional-if-then-else
            ( skill-level-at-least "Hard" )
            ( rand 3 7 )
            ( rand 8 13 )
         )
         ( rand 14 19 )
      )
   )
   ( is-destroyed-delay
      ( rand 3 9 )
      "Unidentified"
   )
)
+Flags: ( "no-shields" "red-alert-carry" "don't-collide-invisible" )
+Flags2: ( "no-ets" )
+Use Table Score:
+Score: 20

$Name: Auriga 1 ;! Object #6
$Class: Meteor
$Location: 1659.243530, -0.000488, 4517.007324
$Orientation:
+AI Class: Deckhand
+Flags: ( "no-shields" )
+Use Table Score:
+Score: 13

$Name: Auriga 2 ;! Object #7
$Location: 1845.749878, -0.000488, 4498.202637
$Orientation:
+Use Table Score:

$Name: Auriga 3 ;! Object #8
$Location: 1526.231812, -0.000488, 4415.240234
$Orientation:
+Use Table Score:

$Name: Auriga 4 ;! Object #9
$Location: 1657.934082, -0.000488, 4443.701172
$Orientation:
+Use Table Score:

#Wings ;! 2 total

$Name: Aleph
$Waves: 1
$Wave Threshold: 0
$Special Ship: 0 ;! Aleph 1

$Arrival Cue: ( true )
$Ships: ( ;! 4 total
"Aleph 1"
"Aleph 2"
"Aleph 3"
"Aleph 4"
)
+Hotkey: 0
+Flags: ( )

$Name: Auriga
$Waves: 1
$Wave Threshold: 0
$Special Ship: 0 ;! Auriga 1

$Arrival Location: Near Ship
+Arrival Distance: 155
$Arrival Anchor: Capricorn 1
$Arrival Cue: ( has-arrived-delay 0 "Capricorn 1" )
$Ships: ( ;! 4 total
"Auriga 1"
"Auriga 2"
"Auriga 3"
"Auriga 4"
)
$AI Goals: ( goals ( ai-chase-wing "Aleph" 200 ) )
+Flags: ( )

#Events ;! 37 total

$Formula: ( when ( true ) ( do-nothing ) )
+Name: Initial Events
+Repeat Count: 1
+Interval: 1

$Formula: ( when
   ( = @!RG0101aStage[0] 0 )
   ( do-nothing )
)
+Name: 00 - Check Saved Data

( and
      ( or
         ( and
            ( is-event-true-delay
               "00 - Check Saved Data"
            )
            ( true )
         )
         ( = @saveexist[0] 0 )
      )
      ( is-event-true-msecs-delay
         "Initial Events"
      )
      ( = @!RG0101aStage[0] 0 )
   )
   ( script-eval "sm()" )
   ( modify-variable @!RG0101aStage[0] 1 )
)
+Name: Goto 01

+Name: Goto 02

( = @!RG0101aStage[0] 1 )
   ( do-nothing )
)
+Name: 01 - Mission Start

( true )
   ( send-message-list
      "Aleph 1"
      "High"
      "We have arrived"
      "#Zenobia Control"
      "High"
      "Acknowledged Aleph"
   )
)
+Name: First comms
+Chained: 1

( true )
   ( add-nav-waypoint "NAV 1" "NAVWP1" 0 )
)
+Name: NAV setup
+Chained: 9

( true )
   ( select-nav "NAV 1" )
)
+Name: Select NAV 1
+Chained: 1

( <
      ( distance "Aleph 2" "NAVWP1:1" )
   )
   ( set-nav-visited "NAV 1" )
)
+Name: Dir NAV 1
+Chained: 0
+Objective:  XSTR("Fly to NAV 1", -1)

( true )
   ( restrict-nav "NAV 1" )
)
+Name: Restrict NAV 1
+Chained: 3

( is-event-true-delay "Dir NAV 1" 0 )
   ( send-message-list
      "#Aleph 2"
      "High"
      "Reading signal"
      "Aleph 1"
      "High"
      "Ack A2"
   )
)
+Name: Reading signal

( is-event-true-delay
      "Fighter discovered"
   )
   ( do-nothing )
)
+Name: Dir Signal
+Objective:  XSTR("Investigate signal", -1)

( has-arrived-delay 0 "Unidentified" )
   ( deactivate-glow-points
      "Unidentified"
   )
)
+Name: Derelict setup

( <
      ( distance "Aleph 2" "Unidentified" )
   )
   ( ship-visible "Unidentified" )
)
+Name: Fighter discovered

( true )
   ( send-message
      "#Aleph 2"
      "High"
      "Confirmed"
   )
)
+Name: Confirmed
+Chained: 7

( true )
   ( modify-variable @!RG0101aStage[0] 2 )
)
+Name: It's a trap
+Chained: 9

( = @!RG0101aStage[0] 2 )
   ( do-nothing )
)
+Name: 02 - Cylons arrive

( is-destroyed-delay 0 "Auriga" )
   ( do-nothing )
)
+Name: Dir Destroy Auriga
+Objective:  XSTR("Destroy Auriga", -1)

( has-arrived-delay 0 "Capricorn 1" )
   ( send-message
      "#Aleph 2"
      "High"
      "Hostile contacts"
   )
)
+Name: Hostile contacts

( true )
   ( send-message
      "Aleph 1"
      "High"
      "Going for Derelict"
   )
)
+Name: Going for Derelict
+Chained: 6

( is-destroyed-delay 0 "Unidentified" )
   ( do-nothing )
)
+Name: Dir Destroy Derelict
+Objective:  XSTR("Destroy derelict", -1)

$Formula: ( when-argument
   ( any-of
      "Aleph 1"
      "Aleph 2"
      "Aleph 3"
      "Aleph 4"
   )
   ( true )
   ( clear-goals "Capricorn 1" )
   ( add-goal
      "Capricorn 1"
      ( ai-evade-ship "<argument>" 200 )
   )
)
+Name: Clear Hvy Raider orders

( has-docked-delay
      "Unidentified"
      "Capricorn 1"
   )
   ( do-nothing )
)
+Name: Derelict docked

( and
      ( and
         ( has-docked-delay
            "Capricorn 1"
            "Unidentified"
         )
         ( not
         )
      )
      ( has-departed-delay 0 "Capricorn 1" )
   )
   ( send-message
      "#Aleph 2"
      "High"
      "Derelict + Cylon jumped"
   )
   ( modify-variable
      @boolDerelictDeparted[0]
   )
)
+Name: Derelict + Cylon jumped

( send-message
      "#Aleph 2"
      "High"
      "Derelict destroyed"
   )
   ( modify-variable
      @boolDerelictDestroyed[0]
   )
)
+Name: Derelict destroyed

( is-destroyed-delay
      "Auriga"
      "Capricorn 1"
   )
   ( send-message
      "#Aleph 2"
      "High"
      "Cylons cleared"
   )
)
+Name: Cylons cleared

( and
      ( is-destroyed-delay 0 "Auriga" )
      ( has-departed-delay 0 "Capricorn 1" )
   )
   ( send-message
      "#Aleph 2"
      "High"
      "Cylons cleared + 1 escaped"
   )
)
+Name: Cylons cleared + 1 escaped

( or
      ( is-event-true-delay
         "Cylons cleared"
      )
      ( is-event-true-delay
         "Cylons cleared + 1 escaped"
      )
   )
   ( modify-variable @!RG0101aStage[0] 3 )
)
+Name: On to next mission

( = @!RG0101aStage[0] 3 )
   ( do-nothing )
)
+Name: 03 - Mission end

( and
      ( = @boolDerelictDestroyed[0] 1 )
      ( is-event-true-delay
         "03 - Mission end"
      )
   )
   ( do-nothing )
)
+Name: Derelict destroyed?

( true )
   ( send-message
      "#Zenobia Control"
      "High"
      "Return to base"
   )
)
+Name: Return to base

+Name: Fade out
+Chained: 5

$Formula: ( when ( true ) ( end-mission ) )
+Name: End mission

( and
      ( = @boolDerelictDeparted[0] 1 )
      ( is-event-true-delay
         "03 - Mission end"
      )
   )
   ( do-nothing )
)
+Name: Derelict departed?

( true )
   ( send-message
      "Aleph 1"
      "High"
      "We have arrived"
   )
)
+Name: Derelict gone

$Formula: ( when ( true ) ( fade-out ) )
+Name: Fade out
+Chained: 6

$Formula: ( when ( true ) ( red-alert ) )
+Name: Red alert
+Chained: 2

#Goals ;! 1 total

$Type: Primary
+Name: Destroy Cylons
$MessageNew:  XSTR("Search asteroid field", -1)
$end_multi_text
$Formula: ( or
   ( is-destroyed-delay
      "Capricorn 1"
      "Auriga"
   )
   ( and
      ( is-destroyed-delay 0 "Capricorn 1" )
      ( has-departed-delay 0 "Auriga" )
   )
)

#Waypoints ;! 1 lists total

$Name: NAVWP1
$List: ( ;! 1 points in list
( -1032.767456, 861.076660, 5105.364258 )
)

#Messages ;! 15 total

$Name: We have arrived
$Team: -1
$MessageNew:  XSTR("Aleph wing has arrived in the asteroid field.  All fighters, assume formation.  We're going to get through this fast and clean.", -1)
$end_multi_text

$Name: Acknowledged Aleph
$MessageNew:  XSTR("Acknowledged, Aleph.  We've transmitted the search pattern into your navigational computer.  There should be the first NAV point highlighted in your HUD.  Good luck.", -1)
$end_multi_text

$Name: Reading signal
$MessageNew:  XSTR("I'm reading something... a faint energy signature.  Unable to trace the source, but it's coming from somewhere near our position.", -1)
$end_multi_text

$Name: Ack A2
$MessageNew:  XSTR("My sensors just picking it up too, Aleph 2.  Let's go check it out and be on a lookout.", -1)
$end_multi_text

$Name: Fighter discovered
$MessageNew:  XSTR("It's a derelict fighter!  It must have come from one of the terrestrial planets in this system...", -1)
$end_multi_text

$Name: Confirmed
$MessageNew:  XSTR("Confirmed, it's a fighter from one of those planets.  Should we destroy it?", -1)
$end_multi_text

$Name: Hostile contacts
$MessageNew:  XSTR("New hostile contacts!  Reading one Heavy Raider and four Meteor escorts.  What are they doing here?", -1)
$end_multi_text

$Name: Going for Derelict
$MessageNew:  XSTR("They're going for the derelict!  They must have anticipated our presence!  We must stop them!", -1)
$end_multi_text

$Name: Derelict docked
$MessageNew:  XSTR("They have docked with the derelict!  Stop them before they jump out!", -1)
$end_multi_text

$Name: Derelict + Cylon jumped
$MessageNew:  XSTR("They've jumped!  With the derelict in tow.", -1)
$end_multi_text

$Name: Derelict destroyed
$MessageNew:  XSTR("The derelict has been destroyed.  The Cylons wouldn't get anything from it after all.", -1)
$end_multi_text

$Name: Cylons cleared
$MessageNew:  XSTR("All Cylon forces have been destroyed.", -1)
$end_multi_text

$Name: Cylons cleared + 1 escaped
$MessageNew:  XSTR("We have destroyed all Cylon forces, but one escaped.", -1)
$end_multi_text

$Name: Derelict gone
$MessageNew:  XSTR("They've taken the derelict to somewhere... I know where it is.  Get ready, everyone.  We'll be going there.", -1)
$end_multi_text

$Name: Return to base
$MessageNew:  XSTR("All fighters, you are to return to base.  We're sending out a full assault force to execute a clean sweep of the area.", -1)
$end_multi_text

#Reinforcements ;! 0 total

#Background bitmaps ;! 0 total

$Num stars: 500
$Ambient light level: 7895160

$Bitmap List:
$Sun: SunSol
+Angles: 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000
+Scale: 1.000000

#Asteroid Fields

$Density: 512
+Field Type: 0
+Debris Genre: 0
+Field Debris Type: 0
+Field Debris Type: 2
$Average Speed: 0.999861
$Minimum: -5000.000000, -5000.000000, -2000.000000
$Maximum: 5000.000000, 5000.000000, 25000.000000

#Music

$Event Music: None
$Briefing Music: None

#End

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
The first mission and subsequent ones have undergone drastic changes because I felt I wanted to give the player character development as well as world building to extend the 2018 Mortal Engines movie universe, of which the mod is based on.

Things are going on at ModDB, and a first teaser trailer was released.

EDIT: I've forgot to provide a link to the ModDB page, which is being updated regularly.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template