Author Topic: custom pilot models?  (Read 922 times)

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
i was wondering if you could apply the vwep code to the eye point and create interchangeable pilot  models. my mod is having different characters for pilots and id like to make a different pilot model for each one. there needs to be an option in fred to assign different pilots to different wing positions and another option in the shiops table to specify a default pilot (if the variable isnt there the engine  would assume the ship is pilot incompatable). then you can put terran pilot in vasudan fighters and vice versa and perhaps have custom pilot models for multiplayer.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Why not use texture replacement? I doubt very much that you're ever going to get close enough to discern more than the colour of a pilots suit anyway, so make charachter X (Let's call him "Bill") the green suited pilot, and Character Y (the lovely "Jane") the yellow suited pilot. Unless you need a vasudan (and even if you need a vasudan, to some extent) that should do it.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
i thought about that. having geometry for all the pilots in the same pof file and then replacing the ones that arent used with invisible, but im not sure how that would effect model stability and game speed.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN