Author Topic: Found something interesting... Cockpits do not work in Inferno builds???  (Read 906 times)

Found something interesting... Cockpits do not work in Inferno builds???
From another thread elsewhere this is what I've found as I've been pulling my hair out trying to get cockpits (from my point of view sitting in the seat) working in the Antipodes builds but, as I've found out, this is bigger than that...

Okay, so I ran the debug mode for 3.6_12 final and when I finally drop from the briefing into the actual game, it errors out with a warning!:

Inverted bounding box on submodel 'hp-cockpit' of model 'GenericCP.pof'!  Swapping values to compensate.

Interesting, right?  If I run without debug mode, the cockpit loads up and I can use it just fine.

Even MORE interesting is when I use the Antipodes build--I get NO such warning.  The Antipodes build never tries to even load the model in the first place.

How do I know this?  Well, I scroll through the log file and in the 3.6_12 final build, I get the following:

Loading model 'GenericCP.pof'
IBX: Found a good IBX/TSB to read for 'GenericCP.pof'.
IBX-DEBUG => POF checksum: 0x5488d405, IBX checksum: 0x3f1513c3 -- "GenericCP.pof"
For "GenericCP.pof" I couldn't find terrancockpit1-glow.ani
Model GenericCP.pof has a null moment of inertia!  (This is only a problem if the model is a ship.)
WARNING: "Inverted bounding box on submodel 'hp-cockpit' of model 'GenericCP.pof'!  Swapping values to compensate." at modelread.cpp:1253

Well, that tells me two things...

The Antipodes build is never attempting to load the cockpit.  It also tells me that there is a problem with a missing terrancockpit1-glow.ani...

So why isn't Antipodes even attempting to load the cockpit?

So I did some further testing...

Turns out, ALL Inferno builds 3.6_12 and beyond... do not load the cockpits!  Something is broken in the Inferno trunk of the code.  The standard 3.6_12 build works fine.  The Inferno doesn't...

Thread I'm referring to for more info:

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=71151.msg1433363#msg1433363

Now, I might be posting something irrelevant or useless here, but, I have been trying to figure this out for two days now and at the least, thought I should let ya'll know...

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: Found something interesting... Cockpits do not work in Inferno builds???
Please don't crosspost stuff like this. Please follow my advice in the linked thread.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Re: Found something interesting... Cockpits do not work in Inferno builds???
You got it, will do.