Author Topic: Fallout 3  (Read 11789 times)

Offline diceman111

• Keep on playing Glottis, keep on playing.....
Ok figured I should start a new thread since the other thread was about the Van Buren Tech Demo

For those of you who dont get Bethesda Newsletter you migth not know that there is an offical Fallout 3 page now http://fallout.bethsoft.com/index.html
Granted its only two pictures (not from the game I think) and a countdown for the teaser.

Also there was a pressrelease http://www.bethsoft.com/news/pressrelease_050807.htm about Liam Neeson to star in Fallout 3

/Dice

Flames Of War Chapter III - http://web.comhem.se/~u35702611

"If at first you don't succeed try a bigger thermonuclear weapon" - My philosophy on life

"I dont care if we smack it into her or smack it out of her just aslong as there's smacking invovled" - Max from Sam & Max Situation Comedy

I live in Sweden and before anybody ask NO we do not have polar bears walking on our streets thats Norway, we have penguins (Red ones with blue dots)

(These messages was brought to you by the people from DFWD (Diceman For World Domination))

It's been all over then net.  Not exactly filling me with confidence, but I doubt much would short of gameplay shots.

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
  • Im not the droid your looking for, move along
Well the teaser is out...

And OMG, THAT IS FALLOUT
Yeah, I know you were waiting for a very nice sig, in which I was quoting some very famous scientist or philosopher... guess what?!? I wont indulge you...

Why, you ask? What, do I look like a Shivan to you?!?

Raven is a god.

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
I am impressed by the art direction. As long as the plot and dialog are good, I'll be happy.
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
Seconded.

But atleast this trailer was a step forward into believing they are in the right track (getting the mood right)
Yeah, I know you were waiting for a very nice sig, in which I was quoting some very famous scientist or philosopher... guess what?!? I wont indulge you...

Raven is a god.

Offline brozozo

• Used to be d3r3k.
    • MySpace
I am impressed by the art direction. As long as the plot and dialog are good, I'll be happy.

Something else that worries me is the combat. A few first person RPGs (since their last two games followed this formula, I wouldn't be surprised if this one did too) have turned out pretty well, but I'm afraid it'll devolve into a click and twitch fest. At the expense of sounding like a whiny fanboy, that isn't Fallout.

Oh, I liked the trailer. I want more!

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
  • huh?.. Who?.. hey you kids, git off me lawn!
It's been all over then net.  Not exactly filling me with confidence, but I doubt much would short of gameplay shots.

the trailer's in-engine, too.
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
do not torment the sleep deprived artist, he may be vicious when cornered,
in case of emergency, administer caffeine to the artist,
he will become docile after that,
and less likely to stab you in the eye with a mechanical pencil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
And with Ron Perlman. :yes:

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
How do you know that?

And the trailer friggin' rocks! It doesn't have much content but it is a bloody Fallout allright. The classic "War, war never changes" sent the chills down my spine. I can't wait for it.

Something else that worries me is the combat. A few first person RPGs (since their last two games followed this formula, I wouldn't be surprised if this one did too) have turned out pretty well, but I'm afraid it'll devolve into a click and twitch fest. At the expense of sounding like a whiny fanboy, that isn't Fallout.
I couldn't care less if F3 is 1st, 3rd or isometric, turn or real-time based as long as the mood and atmosphere is 100% Fallout. In fact, I would probably enjoy 1st person real-time Fallout more.

Offline Janos

• A *really* weird sheep

We have no way of knowing until we have footage of the game or the game itself.
lol wtf

The teaser is much better.  I've heard it's not in-game, but rather pre-rendered using in-game assets.

Still no gameplay shots, but it does show they get fallout, or at the very least know it some.

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
I really liked the teaser, this will actually turn out be a great game IMO.

Offline diceman111

• Keep on playing Glottis, keep on playing.....
I reallt liked the trailer but I didnt liked what it said at the end of it "Fall 2008" well atleast let us hope they use the time wisely

/Dice
Flames Of War Chapter III - http://web.comhem.se/~u35702611

"If at first you don't succeed try a bigger thermonuclear weapon" - My philosophy on life

"I dont care if we smack it into her or smack it out of her just aslong as there's smacking invovled" - Max from Sam & Max Situation Comedy

I live in Sweden and before anybody ask NO we do not have polar bears walking on our streets thats Norway, we have penguins (Red ones with blue dots)

(These messages was brought to you by the people from DFWD (Diceman For World Domination))

Offline Sarkoth

• Ser Campaign-listador
Fallout 3 will be an awfully great game. Loved the first two episodes, altough it never reached Planescape Torment
Only the one passed trough darkness obtains the right to ask for light

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
How do you know that?

And the trailer friggin' rocks! It doesn't have much content but it is a bloody Fallout allright. The classic "War, war never changes" sent the chills down my spine. I can't wait for it.

I couldn't care less if F3 is 1st, 3rd or isometric, turn or real-time based as long as the mood and atmosphere is 100% Fallout. In fact, I would probably enjoy 1st person real-time Fallout more.
http://au.pc.gamespy.com/pc/fallout-3/794187p1.html

and note, on the BoS soldier, there's some clipping on his arm there, near the elbow joint, the wires in the radio aren't smooth, and you can pick the textures out fairly well.  ;)
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
Nah, I don't think it's actually in-engine. There's a lot of post processing going on there. I'd say it's more likely they pre-rendered the scene but used the in-game assets.

Looks neat, but I've never really been able to get into Fallout.

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
Nah, I don't think it's actually in-engine. There's a lot of post processing going on there. I'd say it's more likely they pre-rendered the scene but used the in-game assets.

Looks neat, but I've never really been able to get into Fallout.

a lot of modern games do a lot of post-processing in-engine, don't forget. shaders are fairly advanced..
   //Warning\\

If the trailer, with that amount of detail, was done in-game then it means that it's almost certainly going to be first or close-in-third person perspective. Which in turn probably means it'll be a real time affair.

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn

Well the whole concept behind fallout is what worries me the most (the dialogue, that action\consequence thingy, moral dillemas etc).

Tbh I think the game would only win if it was in RT, although not an FPS for sure

Raven is a god.

If they did a real Fallout game (which I'm still harbouring a small hope for) then it won't sell well.  It's pretty clear from the market that FO isn't the type of game that sells big.  I'm hoping I'm wrong.