General FreeSpace > Multiplayer

"Status Check!"

<< < (2/7) > >>

achtung:
I think this should be stickied.

martellato:

--- Quote from: ME$$ENGER on September 09, 2006, 01:11:07 am ---This is really good. I took the liberty and created the page on FS wiki (it's under Getting Started=>Relevant Links). It's not an exact copy right now though and could probably use some better formatting.  :)

--- End quote ---
Thanks, ME$$ENGER.  I'm in the process of adding to the wiki page that you created.  I'll be adding the status remarks there as well (ONLINE/OFFLINE).  I hope you don't mind if I end up renaming/moving the page to something a little more descriptive.  Thanks for your work on that.

Eventually, I'll re-edit my top post above to only link to the wiki... the wiki can be edited by everyone.  My top post above - only by me.

Also, here's another plan for the future... to write a simple php script that will check if fs2netd, game warden, and other online servers are online in real-time.  It should make the wiki status page a bit more up-to-date and automated, for the most part.  Here's how it'll work:
The online/offline status will be displayed as an image.  That image will actually be a script that checks if the server in question is online.  If it is, it'll will "return" the online image, otherwise the offline image.
...Of course, we can all just click on the link to find out whether it's online... but I like to make life complicated.  :D

Mobius:
Then there's "pronto".

The thread is not sticky...

Taristin:
Id like to point out that in addition to GameWarden there is also Sectorgame and hades-combine that are part of the community. I dont know if nodewars counts, as I dont see what it has to do with FS in particular...

martellato:

--- Quote from: Taristin on September 10, 2006, 05:34:13 pm ---Id like to point out that in addition to GameWarden there is also Sectorgame and hades-combine that are part of the community. I dont know if nodewars counts, as I dont see what it has to do with FS in particular...

--- End quote ---
Good point, though I wasn't trying to exlude any web sites.  Frankly, the only reason I had listed game-warden was because I knew that while they're experiencing domain name issues at the moment, that the extra link could help people get over there via ip.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version