Author Topic: New Multi Topic Discussion  (Read 2253 times)

Offline captain-custard

• previously known as andicirk
  • one sandwich short of a picnic
New Multi Topic Discussion
thanks cole ( ill delete this later) it woul be good if when taylor redoes the loby system that we do a walk through for new ppl , some ppl still get lost in the lobby , and also the setting up a game including host controls

and it would be nice to see yourself back in the multiplayer world.........
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Offline jedimasterseth

• ~#fLinT#~
    • MySpace
ditto! Get ur ass back into multi...
Jedimasterseth a.k.a FLINT

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
What do you think so far? I think that consolidationg all of the various FAQs and stickies into one will help with user-friendliness.

And once I figure out why Windows 7 hates my firewall and vice-versa I'll start hosting again, I'm turning my desktop into a standalone server.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline captain-custard

i would like to see a huge help file that covers , install, minimum specs , known isuues with gpu , best set up for system, controllers , installing a mod etc etc etc , and then just a place in the forum with a help place other than that its great keeep it up...;

if i can help in any way pm me , if you wish to delete my post in this thread go a head

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
No prob, they aren't hurting anything.

The install, minimum specs and troubleshooitng/issues aren't really multiplayer issues.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
Does the Game Viewer still work? Do we have any Ventrillo or Teamspeak servers rented or anything?

Offline captain-custard

game viewer doesnt work (not for 3.6.10 and TBP etc)   still no voice thing , maybe you could demand the xfire freespace community.....

and as for the other stuff id just like to see a HELP thread wich then links you of into different sections instead of hunting through the forum as such

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
I'll get on that once I'm done here. Done the Getting Started guide.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Re: New Multi Topic Discussion
Yes on the standalone question.  Split it out so you could add it.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
I need somewhere to upload images without a size restriction. Anyone have a few MB of hosting space?

NVM, ImageShack fits the bill.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 07:46:54 pm by colecampbell666 »

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
Hey FUBAR, how do I set up a standalone? I opened up the dialog but I can't figure out how to set mods/missions.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Launcher sets mods.  Missions are set by the player hosting on the standalone.  There is a problem where non mod missions show up.  It's been fixed to the point it won't crash the standalone but it will dump the game.  

Best bet is if you are going to run a standalone for a mods to remove all the FS2 mulit missions.  Of course that involves extracting the files from the VP and deleting it.  Not a good idea unless you know what you are doing.

You might want to change that section to general hosting an make standalones part of it.

BTW If you don't want 4 duplicates deleted in the future give a little bit of a better description then reserved.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 11:11:18 pm by FUBAR-BDHR »
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras