Author Topic: Sin and Punishment: Star Successor  (Read 894 times)

Sin and Punishment: Star Successor
Europeans will know it by the title Sin and Punishment: Successor of the Skies.

Treasure's most recent escapade, a sequel to the not-released-outside-Japan-despite-being-written-with-Western-audiences-in-mind original Sin and Punishment, which was on the N64 and is now also on Virtual Console.

It's a rail shooter for which I cannot really find a good comparision. It is extremely fast-paced and quite challenging. Thankfully, the fact that you can aim with the Wiimote makes the controls extremely intuitive, unlike the clunky control set-up for the original.

This is a Treasure title, so their usual wierdness shines through in the form of the story and some of the boss designs. The story is... strange and requires reading the prologues in the manual and on the official site to understand fully, but there are few who play this game for the story, and you can skip right over any cutscenes easily enough. If you do care, the game's story is fairly self-contained, though you'll also need the first game's (extremely bizarre) story to see the bigger picture of things. Also, the English translation fumbled a few lines and actually made some details harder to understand...

I'll let this video do the rest of the description for me, shall I?

Bottom line: If you own a Wii and want a challenge, get this game now!
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"