Author Topic: Unwrapper texture map...  (Read 1988 times)

Offline CODEDOG ND

• Dark Agent
Unwrapper texture map...
I can't figure out this dang fangled unwrapper..ive read skullar tutorail up and down...can somebody help me make an alpha version of this dang thing!?!?!  Just a solid color is all i need, once i get that then I can do the rest myself...errrrrrrrr

[email protected] 109776547

------------------
What!?!? I'm not crazy, but the rest of you are! =)
It's a fact.  Stupid people have stupid children.  If you are stupid, don't have sex.  If you insist on having sex.  Have sex with animals.  If you have sex with an animal.  Make sure the animal is smarter than you are.  Just encase of some biological fluke you and the animal have offspring, they won't be as stupid as you are.   One more thing.  Don't assume the animal is protected.  If the animal has a condom, or if female some interuterian device, insist they wear it.  Help stop this mindless mindlessness.  Keep your stupidty to yourself.  This message was brought to you by the Committee of Concerned Citizens that are Smarter than You are.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Unwrapper texture map...

Originally posted by CODEDOG ND:
I can't figure out this dang fangled unwrapper..ive read skullar tutorail up and down...can somebody help me make an alpha version of this dang thing!?!?!  Just a solid color is all i need, once i get that then I can do the rest myself...errrrrrrrr  

[email protected] 109776547

I think you should make sure not to apply any UV map to your file before opening it UVWrap....then map it in there.

I use LithUnwrap, but I think they work in largely the same way.

Offline CODEDOG ND

• Dark Agent
Unwrapper texture map...
where can i get Lithunwrap then?

------------------
It's a fact.  Stupid people have stupid children.  If you are stupid, don't have sex.  If you insist on having sex.  Have sex with animals.  If you have sex with an animal.  Make sure the animal is smarter than you are.  Just encase of some biological fluke you and the animal have offspring, they won't be as stupid as you are.   One more thing.  Don't assume the animal is protected.  If the animal has a condom, or if female some interuterian device, insist they wear it.  Help stop this mindless mindlessness.  Keep your stupidty to yourself.  This message was brought to you by the Committee of Concerned Citizens that are Smarter than You are.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Unwrapper texture map...

where can i get Lithunwrap then?

Can't remember the link - search the forums, there's definately a link there.

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Unwrapper texture map...
i think it's geocities.com/lithium   but I dunno
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
Unwrapper texture map...
What utility are you using now? If you're using 3ds max, then just follow the tutorial for unwrapping that comes in the online help. Pretty soon, you'll figure out how it works from there.

If you're using something else...well, I don't know.  

But Lith is good, if not quite as nice as the 3ds unwrapper.

------------------
Sushi- the OTHER white meat!

Accelerate your game-Velocity Mod
Sushi's Freespace Zone-Future home of loads of cool stuff.

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
Unwrapper texture map...
I should try that, the unwrapper...
SCREW CANON!

Unwrapper texture map...
 http://www.geocities.com/lithunwrap

here you go ...check the the babylon project forum for details about its use in freespace 2 -  lith added the ability for our mod and posted a few times detailing its ability.  just do a search for "lithium" to get the correct thread

------------------
The Babylon Project 2D Art / Texturing / Model Setup / Experimentation and Implementation

NEWBIE'S GUIDE TO THE VBB:

Enable Beam-free-all.

Offline CODEDOG ND

• Dark Agent
Unwrapper texture map...
im usijng truespace 4.2

------------------

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Unwrapper texture map...

im usijng truespace 4.2

I'm using Ts5.0 , and i can honestly say Lithunwrap is far better for textures than the TS UV mapping (IMO).. the only thing is to add a little extra detail to the edges, as the Lithunwrap texture generated (template) is very slightly too small...

and save your model as 3ds in Lith - this will preserve the UV Map and I think you can load this into TS.  LithUnwrap also has a cob generatro (the new one), but I think it has some minor problems due to the format... I have a slightly earlier version so I can't speak for it.

But Liths' a great tool though  

------------------
Team Member of The Ghost and the Darkness
        [email protected]        

"Well I believe ther's someone watching over you.  They're watching every word you say. And when you die they'll take you down and take you through. You'll realise one day that the grass is always greener on the other side, the neighbours got a car that you wanna drive, and when time is running out you wanna stay alive.  There is no wrong, there is no right, and the circle only has one side...."

(c)2001 Travis