Author Topic: A renewed FSCRP team...  (Read 32280 times)

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Re: A renewed FSCRP team...
Okay, at the risk of sounding like a total n00b, where do I get a copy of the campaign to test?

I believe this is the correct link - anyone, please correct me if I'm wrong:

http://www.freespacemods.net/download.php?view.92

Err...we want our modified version to be checked, not the original one...therefore, that's not the version Rhymes With PSYCHO will be supposed to test.

This thread is to find volunteers so testing-related discussions are for internal. ;)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Rhymes

• Galactic Mediator
  • Fatum Iustum Stultorum
Alright, so the next contender in the never-ending stream of questions is (drumroll  :P ) how do I get to the internal forum?
If you don't have Knossos, you need it.

“There was a button," Holden said. "I pushed it."
"Jesus Christ. That really is how you go through life, isn't it?”

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
An Administrator needs to set a special mask setting for your account. Please wait... :)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline Rhymes

• Galactic Mediator
  • Fatum Iustum Stultorum
An Administrator needs to set a special mask setting for your account. Please wait... :)

Okay, can do.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Request sent. :)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
Would it be possible for the FSCRP to get their own badge, separate from the FSU one?  It's really confusing from the outside, and I didn't figure out what both projects had the same badge until I actually joined one of them.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
We don't have a replacement...until we have one the FSU badge is the best choice.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Rhymes

• Galactic Mediator
  • Fatum Iustum Stultorum

Offline rbxplayer

• A bit tight with RL at the moment
Can I have access to the internal forum as well? I would like to contribue as a tester as well...
Ijja l-mewt li taghmilna bnedmin jew l-imhabba?

I would like to join as a playtester, too.

Offline dragonsniper

• Master of the Irrelevant
    • Steam
Can I have access to the internal forum as well? I would like to contribue as a tester as well...
The same, if it's okay. :)
Do or do not, there is no try...
~HLP Member and Modder~
          ~~2008-201x~~

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
If a position is still available, I would like to apply for testing.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
I've just added an update to the first post. Read it carefully. :)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Well after reading your post again, I'll try for the hell of it

So far I've

- Voiced Viper in EACW

- FRED-ed a remake of High Noon (Check Fsmods and the missions and campaigns board, currently in testing)

- Currently assisting Lucika with 'Syrk: Unification Wars' (http://game-warden.com/forum/showthread.php?s=850a8b105967eeb574271b480d784cc0&t=6981)

It's not exactly exhaustive compared to other people here, but it's what I have and I'm not bothered whatever the outcome is of this

I'm happy to do whatever you see fit, including GTFO this thread if need be

Offline rbxplayer

• A bit tight with RL at the moment
I voiced acted for Earth Brakiri war in TBP, tested in, Sol: A History, Alcibiades Gamble (campaign in the making), Teeth of the Tiger and have been playing Freespace and following this website forum for the past 2 years.
Ijja l-mewt li taghmilna bnedmin jew l-imhabba?

Offline Nemesis6

• Tongs
I might as well throw it out there: I can do some voice acting, but it shouldn't be anything too big. Note: I'm from Denmark so it's gonna be a kind of flat, inflectionally-impaired semi-American accent you're gonna encounter here. Most fitting for Vasudans actually. No microphone noise of any kind. Well, now the offer's on the table if you need my help.

Offline tinfoil

• i'm 13 remember
tested in Alcibiades Gamble (campaign in the making)

You could, uh still be doing that you know. In fact, now that we've scrapped the no mods clause and added certain other aspects it would be good if you would come back and playtest it some more. just a thought.

anyway, to justify hijacking the thread for a second there, i would be interested in playtesting some of the new old campaigns. i

EDIT oops, i wasn't reading. as i have no examples of anything released i guess i'm not eligible. damn
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 11:14:04 pm by tinfoil »
Alcibades' Gamble - We Love Our Ice Cream

Everything you need to know, and more can be found at The Freespace Wiki

I'd like to volunteer for beta testing.  I'm currently doing beta test work on Dilmah G's High Noon remake.  I don't have much to show beyond that with FS2 in particular, but I've done beta testing for other games and mods of other games in the past, and have never had anyone come off unhappy with my work. 

I also have a distinctive bass voice, but no audio recording gear.  If that changes, I'll hang out my shingle in the Voice Acting subforum. 
"Courage is the complement of fear.  A fearless man cannot be courageous.  He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

Offline FoxtrotTango

• "...in a way, you've stolen his soul."
I've offered to throw my hat into the beta-testing ring. I'm competent in running the debug build and showing off the debug spew so that the problem can be solved. I do what I can when my services are needed, playing until I crash or until I notice a definite error in the game's makeup that needs to be rectified. I may not be above and beyond, but I've picked up how to report bugs on the forum rather quickly, so I at least know how to do that much.

I'm also considerably interested in voiceacting. I've not had much experience in this particular field, but I've done some stage acting before, so I know generally what credentials you're looking for. A native Kentuckian, my voice probably shows it, and my tone is a clear deep bass. My voice travels rather easily, so I believe that it's acoustically sound. If I had my say in anything, I'd love to voiceact for the MCv Custodian in the Homesick campaign, but anything will do. I'm particularly partial to mission briefing/debriefing, if it's any consolation.

One more thing, I'm a seasoned writer. I've been penning stories in my spare time since my sophomore year of high school, and as such, I have great skill with writing. I've been known to spend entire nights focusing on building a character's biographical details from the ground up, and my natural loathing towards plotholes and the unexplained aspects of stories causes me to really plan ahead before I set facts in stone. I'm not sure how these skills will apply to campaign restoration (unless there's another total campaign recreation ala ST:R), but I figure that it's better to say it now, rather than later.

(A note on my desire to voiceact the Custodian: I want to try it out because he sounds really down-to-earth, and as I was reading it aloud, I found myself dipping into a sort of down-home attitude. It just felt really natural and I think it would be good to start off with.)

Offline captain-custard

• previously known as andicirk
  • one sandwich short of a picnic
im up for testing , as for credentials none  other than going through the entire multiplayer sections of fso and tbp for 3.6.10 bug testing with a few other dedicated ppl

so im up for that part of testing , i cant fred or mod and dont really have the time either

good luck with your mission
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."