Author Topic: [RELEASE] Thoth  (Read 3119 times)

Offline The Dagger

• I like zod ships
I know this was already an updated model, but I always thought the new model brakes too much the flow of the design apparent in the concept art.

So, I've done a new model:

And thanks to Nyx's guidance, it includes PBR textures:

Thanks EatThePath for converting the textures to bc7.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
It needed upgrade.

Another proof that "TheDagger" means "quality". Excellent rework, very nice detailing, great topo [lel I'm always too lazy to make topo like that], and a big step forward in your self-improvement at creating textures.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I like it.   What's it made in?
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Nice

Is a HoL-variant of the textures in the works?
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline The Dagger

• I like zod ships
Thanks Nyx, that's a very high praise coming from you.

I like it.   What's it made in?
Modeled in Blender, textures baked from Blender PBR materials, then adjusted in GIMP.

I believe there never was a HOL-variant for this, so no.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Nice

Just change glowmap to orange/red 😉
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I believe they're referring to the fact that the HOL had the Thoth almost exclusively at the beginning, with PVN access being very limited.  That would suggest that they HOL might have skinned it for their own side at the beginning.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline 0rph3u5

I believe there never was a HOL-variant for this, so no.

Okay, I will give it a try then.

I believe they're referring to the fact that the HOL had the Thoth almost exclusively at the beginning, with PVN access being very limited.  That would suggest that they HOL might have skinned it for their own side at the beginning.

No, I am thinking so something along the lines of the reskin of the Aten, Typhon and Karnak - red glow maps with added glyphs (or my work with the Anubis)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2021, 02:29:17 pm by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

Offline BrotherBryon

• Resident Lurker
Very nice work!
Holy Crap. SHIVANS! Tours

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
It looks great! Stellar work.
I am a revolutionary.

Offline 0rph3u5

Mockup of the HoL-skin - going to do it tomorrow - need some adjustments to the writing and simplify the shapes I canabilized out of the mjn's HoL logo from the wiki

EDIT: attachment removed
« Last Edit: October 22, 2021, 03:54:23 am by 0rph3u5 »

==================

Offline 0rph3u5

Base texture, for your consideration:

(link removed)

Swapping the glowmap from blue to red is something I will do another time.

For your consideration, now with red glowmap:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CQKnlSoUIvu7WsVHyiKazFtz8ODhrUM2/view?usp=sharing

EDIT: I will have review the glow map to bring it in line of Kestrellius' reskins from Mantle, and look at the reflect map so it doesn't mute the new markings.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2021, 02:40:06 am by 0rph3u5 »

==================