Author Topic: Booms Too Big  (Read 845 times)

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I've been playing through some of the TBP campaigns and I've found that the blast force of ships dying is a bit too strong.  It makes trying to take out capital ships a perilous thing since if you're in range to kill it, you're gonna take damage.  Can we dampen that a bit?
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Were they always this big or is this a new thing?
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
This has been an issue since forever - but I came to see it as encouragement not to mix capitals and fighters too much.

But while I was feature-creeping last I did take a look at capital ship explosions (and debirs) because of all the "new" values to change - cutting down the shockwave number to 1 and shortening the inner radius of explosions seemed an avenue worth investigating (especially if you upgrade the AI to make actual strafing runs rather than FS2 vanilla dive bomber attacks)
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."