Version 1.1 of the Memories of the Great War
-Omnibus is now ready for download.
It brings back Rain on Ribos IV
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This campaign was released on a 21.4. Nightly build. Its version was set to avoid issues with "Control5"-code, however Knossos may allow newer builds.
Please use the Nightly build provided (20220101).
Sadly it is also a product of crunch and large ammount of elventh hour bug fixes, but releasing it was preferable to another long delay - It literally had to happen today because I will not be able to release anything for several months at least.
The state of the debriefings is a particular sore spot (99% percent of them are unedited c&ps from the original release) and I didn't have time to run the new campaign file through it's paces.
Please let's collect all bug reports in this topic...
Note: The nightly from January 1st 2022 ( is the currently recommended build.
Items in green
are verified fixed for a future update.
- I forgot to turn off the Debug-setting in Mission 16 and 17b. You will see a spoileric debug-output while playing.
(fixed in 1.1.1)
- Campaign cannot be progressed after Mission 13.
- Several: Broken " ' ", "..." and " - " special characters.- Mission 3: The AWOL-debrief triggers incorrectly - also it was a line from a previous, unedited version of the script.- Mission 8: The debriefings for a partial and full success scenario trigger when a full success is achieved.- Mission 9: additional helpful pointers added for Difficulty <Hard- Mission 12: Several messages are duplicated.- Mission 12: The debriefing for a partial and full success scenario trigger when a full success is achieved.- Mission 13: Missing command briefing animations. (2_cb_typhon for stage 1 and 2_cb_subtrack for stage 2)- Mission 17A & 17B: Due to table error the Typhons may not deploy missiles from their lower turrets for engagements with capital ships.
- Mission 17A: Several messages out of sequence.- Mission 17A: Directives for Basiliks flanker wings are missing.- Mission 17B: Shivan bombers arriving out of sequence.- Mission 17A (single mission only):
Hammer of Light-variants of Vasudan fighters are missing from the Loadout
Based on Conflict: Freespace by Volition Inc.
Uses the Freespace Port
Scenario/Mission Design - Jan ''0rph3u5'' Dombert
Scripting - ''Axem''
English Language Editor (v1.1+) - Iain ''Nomad'' Baker
2009 update candidate:
2016 update candidate:
The "core"-package also contains:
- GTF Hercules, Recon-variant - by “Galemp”
- GTFg Jupiter aka GTCv Fafnir - by “Black Wolf”
- TCa Saggitarius aka GTCa Ymir - by "Nyctaeus", "Hades", "DahBlount" and "Mjn.Mixael"
- GTM Asklepios - by "Nyctaeus"
- GTI Asteria - by "Axem" and "Oddgrim"
- GTI Endymion - by "Axem" and "Black Wolf"
- GTI Veles - by “Black Wolf”
- PVC Mekhet aka PVC Tatenen - by "Nyctaeus"
- PVCa Ramses aka PVCa Bastet - by “Black Wolf”
- PVCv Pnepheros aka PVCv Kauket - by "Nyctaeus"
- PVFg Cleopatra aka PVM Naunet - by “Axem”, with textures by “Black Wolf”
- PVD Atum - by "Nyctaeus", with textures by “Black Wolf”
- PVM Duat - by "Oddgrim"
- VAC4#VLS - by "Mjn.Mixael" & "Nyctaeus"
- SB Ojas aka SB Barghest - by "Woomeister" and "Rampage"
- Prop Asteroids by ''Shivan Hunter'' & Anonymous
- Skyboxes models by "Nyctaeus"
- Additional models by "Axem", "Mjn.Mixael" and others
("Additional models"-Credit is going to be detailed in v1.2)
Special Thanks to:
- My friends and family,
- the SerRes-team,
- the community at Hard Light Productions,
- the Freespace Port-team,
- all contributors of the Freespace Upgrade Project
- and most of all, the Freespace 2 Source Code Project.