Author Topic: controllers for sale  (Read 1891 times)

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam
controllers for sale
I have an old Sidewinder Force Feedback Pro (gameport connector) and a Saitek force feedback wheel and pedal set that I am thinking about listing on Ebay, but I thought I would give you all first crack at them.  I think the wheel is an R440, but I will need to get it out of storage to check that for sure.    Both worked last time they were plugged in - probably 2002 for the joystick and 2004 for the wheel.  If they are DOA I will gladly refund your money.

Please PM me if interested in either.  I am in the US (Missouri).

Thanks!

(If this is against any forum rules, my apologies and please have a mod delete the post!) 
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.

Offline Davros

Re: controllers for sale
If they are DOA I will gladly refund your money.

Thats good because we wouldnt want you to go to the trouble of plugging in the wheel would we :D

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam

Thats good because we wouldnt want you to go to the trouble of plugging in the wheel would we :D

They could be damaged in-transit.  Shipping companies don't seem to hire workers that understand the word 'frajeelee', anymore.

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam

excellent point - I guess I could plug it in and try it after I get it out of storage! :)  I don't have any driving games installed right now but I'm sure I still have some Need for Speed discs around here somewhere...
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam

excellent point - I guess I could plug it in and try it after I get it out of storage! :)  I don't have any driving games installed right now but I'm sure I still have some Need for Speed discs around here somewhere...

You shouldn't have to test it with a game, just plug it in and see if it is regognised as a device, then try and calibrate it within the control panel, if you can do that, it's working!
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
(If this is against any forum rules, my apologies and please have a mod delete the post!) 

Friendly neighborhood mod checking in to tell you that this is, in fact, not against the rules as far as I can see.  A quick search of the Guidelines For Forum Conduct (which took entirely too long for me to find) has nothing on soliciting the sale of personally owned items via this site.  The only things prohibited by the letter of the guidelines is advertisement, farming, phishing, and things of that nature.  Now, it could conceivably fall under the advertisement clause for someone else's interpretation, mind you.  Until that happens, however, this thread gets an unofficial "No need to delete" stamp from me.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
This is not advertising by any definition I know, this is a straight sale offer. Shouldn't be anything wrong with it.
OT: Does it have a gear lever and a clutch pedal? I was considering a driving wheel, but it'd have to be a very good deal, because I'm outside US and shipping costs are through the roof (not to mention the fact my country's currency sucks).

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me

They could be damaged in-transit.  Shipping companies don't seem to hire workers that understand the word 'frajeelee', anymore.

i read an article where an inertial measurement unit was put in a box and shipped. the results seemed to indicate that boxes labeled fragile get tossed more in shipping. people just dont like being told what to do by boxes.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Friendly neighborhood mod checking in to tell you that this is, in fact, not against the rules as far as I can see.  A quick search of the Guidelines For Forum Conduct (which took entirely too long for me to find) has nothing on soliciting the sale of personally owned items via this site.  The only things prohibited by the letter of the guidelines is advertisement, farming, phishing, and things of that nature.  Now, it could conceivably fall under the advertisement clause for someone else's interpretation, mind you.  Until that happens, however, this thread gets an unofficial "No need to delete" stamp from me.

Scotty gets the gold star for this reasonable, friendly, and well-thought moderator post. :yes:

Offline Davros

OT: Does it have a gear lever and a clutch pedal? I was considering a driving wheel,

No http://www.alltests.de/hardware/reviews_03/saitek_r440_lenkrad/H2.jpg
but dont let that put you off the experience of racing with a forcefeedback wheel it rocks (i have 4)
it also has win 7 drivers (joystick is win98 only)