Author Topic: Random Non-Canon Events  (Read 12635 times)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Random Non-Canon Events
Umm... Someone called ITA Master suddenly appeared and started writing all this random stuff about WMDs, stuff in 1996 and some random crap about the BTA and ITA, which apparently has absolutely nothing to do with FreeSpace. Luckily BlueFlames was there to clean up the mess... But the stuff he made is still there, just marked as non-canon. What campaign is this stuff from and is it even being made? I seriously object to writing random stuff like that if there's no campaign that includes it, and if it's just random non-canon stuff that he's written. Can someone delete those pages, or at least move them somewhere else?

(If ITA Master himself is reading this, please explain where the stuff you've written is from, for clarity. Thanks.)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Re: Random Non-Canon Events
Uhh, ITA Master has posted again, and apparently mixed up some more non-canon info with fully canon information...

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
This is getting me confused, really.

This guy knows a lot about FS, he said something about the GTVA/EA war in the Delta Serpentis page. I have the impression that this guy is willing to help without being aware of the rules.

EDIT: Although I really have to admit that most stuff posted by this guy is nothing but crap...

EDIT2: So basically the BTA is a pseudo GTA and the PCN is a pseudo PVN? Their union gave a pseudo GTVA, the CTVA. This is pointless.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 04:46:50 pm by Mobius »
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
BTA? PCN, CTVA?   :wtf:

This guy might be high on something...
Might be drunk.
And it can't be CTVA. It would be BTCA...gah, he can't even get his own acronyms right! The V can't come from nowhere!  :lol:

This guy knows a lot about FS, he said something about the GTVA/EA war in the Delta Serpentis page. I have the impression that this guy is willing to help without being aware of the rules.

Except he spelled Inferno "Infirno".
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Snail

• SC 5
No, seriously, can we revert his changes, with extreme prejudice? It's good he's contributing and trying to help and all, but he's done more damage than good.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
But he knows something about INF...he might be a FS player...a weird one but still a FS player. He's not a spammer like the others, I think...

No, seriously, can we revert his changes, with extreme prejudice? It's good he's contributing and trying to help and all, but he's done more damage than good.

BTA, PCN and CTVA don't come from custom campaigns. They're misspellings. Wait a second...

EDIT: Et voilà, I've just created a nice user talk.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 05:10:48 pm by Mobius »
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Yea...well, G is above B. C is beside V...
G and C might be visually mistaken...but the stuff about the "WMD Weapon" and stuff? Where's that from? His own campaign?

We need to have a talk with this guy, for clarity purposes.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
The other things are invented. This guy's drunk, handicapped or is playing with us.
The Lightblue Ribbon

"Tango Mango Fortress"?

:wtf:
Sig censored by people with no sense of humor

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Mmm...smells like an0n.

But seriously. Just the fact he chose "ITA" says he knows more than most, on the other hand... :P
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Yea...well, G is above B. C is beside V...
G and C might be visually mistaken...but the stuff about the "WMD Weapon" and stuff? Where's that from? His own campaign?...

These two together would require a very interesting combination of inattention and dysgraphy.

I never understood why some people create new pages without double-checking the spelling of *at least* the title.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Is it possible to prevent him from making further edits until this can be sorted out?

Offline Shade

Sorry, was on vacation or I would've caught this earlier.

I'll post him a friendly warning on adding non-canon content to sections that are not designated as such, such as the Freespace Universe page, and revert any changes he has made to those that you guys haven't already dealt with. I'll let his new pages stay for now, though, as they may be part of the description for a campaign he's working on - which would be entirely legit. Then, if he can't follow the rules after they've been explained, I'll hand him a short-duration ban to make it clear we're not kidding.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 01:31:27 pm by Shade »
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Sorry, was on vacation or I would've caught this earlier.

Irony being, I was on vacation when I caught it.  ;)

That aside, adding noncanon information to 'canon-only' (for lack of a better description) pages isn't the only issue at hand here.  He's making a lot of pages for information regarding an unreleased campaign.  I don't have anything against making pages for new campaigns, as I've turned my user page into a bloated megapage about the Second Front plot arc, but he's created ten new pages in the main namespace, many of which are pretty insignificant.  Moreover, every time I've flagged one of his pages as noncanon, I've had to do significant copy-editing to make those pages maintain some kind of grammatical standard.  Checking my own grammar and spelling is tiring enough, so I really don't appreciate it when someone posts with apparent disregard for the language, under the rationale that someone else can fix it later.

I suppose that's as much venting as it is valid complaining, but ITA Master has already ignored edits to his user and talk pages, and seems to be continuing to make edits, oblivious to our requests, warnings, and corrections to his new pages.

Offline Shade

Frankly, I can live with the new pages being in the main namespace, as long as nothing links to them aside from a campaign page under user campaigns (which I asked him to make). We haven't exactly been using namespaces properly in the first place so we're hardly the ones to complain. And there's no need to fix them up, really, aside from the non canon tag that has already been pointed out to him, as it is his campaign (presumably), and thus his problem.

I'll make sure he won't keep ignoring his talk page, though.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
The information on Deneb II is not canon either, BTW. It looks canon, but isn't.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
They're not references to a custom campaign, they're a mix of misspellings with random stuff.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Okay, I've gotten slightly sick of this. I pressed random page five times and twice it came up with this guy's rubbish. What he's attempted to do is flesh out the FS2 universe, but he's mixed it up with some of his own stuff. Tell him to put all this information on his userpage or a dedicated page for his campaign only.

Stuff that looks canon, but isn't canon, which he has created, under canon titles, etc. etc. :

Deneb II
Vasuda III
UR Sector 5
Altair V
Altair II
Altair III
(several others)

They're not references to a custom campaign, they're a mix of misspellings with random stuff.
They're not. I know of no campaign about "Cancer Ambush" of 1996 or whatever it was, or the BTA, or the ITA, or the CTVA, or the PCN, or any WMDs.

Revert all changes, please. He's not only written non-canon crap, but it's all gramaticly incorrect and mispelt.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
BTA ---> GTA
PCN ---> PVN
CTVA ---> GTVA

Mine's not an impression, read his changes and you'll find out that the "CTVA" was formed following the union of the "BTA" and the "PCN". The reference to the GTVA is obvious.

The other things are random stuff.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Snail

• SC 5
The other things are random stuff.
AFAIK there is no such thing as the GTD Skull, or an WMD, or the ITA.

Besides, if we're trying to give reliable information, repeated misspellings of important names are not reliable.