Hosted Projects - FS2 Required > Blue Planet

The Blue Planet Oracle (full BP2/3 spoilers within!)

<< < (109/119) > >>

manwiththemachinegun:

--- Quote from: General Battuta on June 02, 2019, 07:50:28 pm ---I don't really understand how the sentiments you're expressing conflict with the post you're responding to.

--- End quote ---

Not so much conflict as point out at the end of the day, FS2 is a space sim where you fly around and blow up enemy ships. I'd like Blue Planet to have an eventual conclusion, even if it was a Fredded cutscene or a novel or the like. I would say there is an expectation of some form of catharsis for the player, since BP is essentially positioning itself as the "final" chapter of Freespace, I'd like to see some hope of the Shivan conflict end without obliteration for humanity. But I also think blind submission to Shivan meddling in our material universe to be opposed absolutely.

In short, I believe the GTVA is correct in their assessment, if flawed in their execution. BP lore is also incredibly spread out (good but spread out) and diffuse across a dozen short stories, the campaigns, and hidden dialogue, so apologies if I'm missing key details.

JoeBalls:
To breathe a little life into the forum:

- Does the SSJ Kalki destroy the Vishnan Sacred Keeper? Is this the reason for the Vishnans being "dead" in BP3?
- Were the Comm Nodes used to relay the signal from the ken anima?
- Where does the Santhanas fleet jump? Was the primary reason to supernova Capella to contain the GD?

Iain Baker:
Hi all!

I have read through Granite Hunter again, and I think I have worked out what most of the cryptic language and code-words refer to. However there are two which I'm stuck on. These being

'The Remillard Receipts.'

and

'SADABA YEAR'

Can anyone shed any light on what these are referring to?

Cheers :-)

QuakeIV:
Wasn't sadaba year Transcend? (as in the campaign)

Iain Baker:

--- Quote from: QuakeIV on July 28, 2019, 01:11:03 am ---Wasn't sadaba year Transcend? (as in the campaign)

--- End quote ---

Possibly. I have heard some people suggest it relates to Sync. If memory serves, the sync drive takes the flotilla to somewhere where some Vasudans are openly hostile to you, whereas some are friendly (or at least neutral) to you whilst being hostile to the other Vasudans. IIR it doesn't explain what is happening since being left thinking 'WTF is going on!?' is kinda the point in Sync (and Transcend).

However, since we now know that the multiverse theory is true (within FreeSpace at least), we can perhaps better understand what was happening in Sync. I suspect what the sync drive actually did (unintentionally, at least on the part of the humans*) is take the flotilla to one of these alternate realities. In that reality perhaps the HoL were not defeated militarily, and were continuing their civil war against the GTA / PVN / GTVA etc. That would explain why some Vasudans are hostile to both the Terran flotilla and to the Vasudans who were not hostile to you. These aggressors being the HoL. It has been a long time since I played Sync and I only played it once, so I might be misremembering somewhat. I feel another play-though coming along  ;7

*Of course this does beg the question "Was it actually an accident?" Considering t2's apparent ability and willingness to pull fleets from one 'manifold' to the next during 'unusual' hyperspace jumps, could the events of Sync have been deliberately engineered? Could it have been a 'dry run' to test if they could move ships and their squishy human crews from one manifold to another without damaging said ships and crews, (perhaps both physiologically and mentally)? Could Sync have been t2's 'warm up' for what they would later do with the 14 Battle Group?

Now there is some juicy head canon material   ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version