Author Topic: Question about next release  (Read 4054 times)

Offline Ghost

• whoopdidoo
Question about next release
Are you planning on making it coincide with the release of STR, or will that come beforehand and the next release 'when it's done'?
Wh00t!? Vinyl? Is it like an I-pod 2 or something?

[/sarcasm]

-KappaWing

The Greatest Game in Existance

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Re: Question about next release
The current plan is to finish ST:R first, then work on release 3 while ST:R is being voice acted.  Then both will be released at the same time, or perhaps v3 a bit earlier.

Offline Ghost

• whoopdidoo
Ok, well, if that's the case, will STR be released un-voice acted if you just want to play it as soon as possible?  :D

[/sarcasm]

-KappaWing

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Ok, well, if that's the case, will STR be released un-voice acted if you just want to play it as soon as possible? :D

No. :D

The reason is quite simple.  There is one mission in particular that needs voice acting.  It doesn't have half the punch without it (you'll see why when you play it ;7), so we're delaying release until we have a completed voice pack out.  The voice pack may still be an optional download, but we want it to be available for the first time people play the campaign.

To tide people over in the meantime, we'll convert and release a bunch of old FS1 missions and campaigns.  The first thing I'm doing when ST:R gets shipped off for voice acting is finishing my FS1 mission converter. :) This will make porting missions very, very easy and quick.

Offline Ghost

• whoopdidoo
Ok, well, if that's the case, will STR be released un-voice acted if you just want to play it as soon as possible? :D

To tide people over in the meantime, we'll convert and release a bunch of old FS1 missions and campaigns.  The first thing I'm doing when ST:R gets shipped off for voice acting is finishing my FS1 mission converter. :) This will make porting missions very, very easy and quick.

Yay! If you don't mind, I've got a request for FS1 mission port-age. I should think that you have them, because you have the original ST campaign, but could you port the old single missions on the Silent Threat disc? There were a few in particular that I liked, having to do with a rogue Orion, the GTD Trinity.

[/sarcasm]

-KappaWing

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
There were a few in particular that I liked, having to do with a rogue Orion, the GTD Trinity.
"Destiny of Peace", and IIRC, it will be campaign-ed.  There was also the "Awakenings" FS1 campaign I recall the Port team mentioning.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Destiny of Peace already been campaign-ed. :p
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Ghost

• whoopdidoo
Oh, so that's what that was? I've seen it mentioned..*looks around* somewhere... anyone feel like letting me know where I can find it?

[/sarcasm]

-KappaWing

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
The stand-alone release of Destiny of Peace was fully voiceacted, although I've never played through it that way.  Come to think of it, the Awakenings campaign was as well.  Both of them were excellent campaigns; I still think that Destiny of Peace is far superior to the original ST campaign.  Hmm...I'm getting a hankerin' to fire up FS1. :)

Offline Selectah

• Unsuspended
Erhmm... would that be the FS1 or FS2 version of said DOP campaign? IIRC, I think I have the FS1 version VP'fied in a cardboard box filled with caseless CD's. If you're interested, I could look for it. Don't get your hopes up, tho. The FS2 version was merely a RAR or ZIP or ACE or LZH or SMTHNG. I think I packed the FS1 DOP version meself back in the day. If I find it, I'll post it and let someone else take credit for it.
Selectah Fan Club Member

disregard this post

Offline Annorax

• Wistful General
    • Steam
Erhmm... would that be the FS1 or FS2 version of said DOP campaign? IIRC, I think I have the FS1 version VP'fied in a cardboard box filled with caseless CD's. If you're interested, I could look for it. Don't get your hopes up, tho. The FS2 version was merely a RAR or ZIP or ACE or LZH or SMTHNG. I think I packed the FS1 DOP version meself back in the day. If I find it, I'll post it and let someone else take credit for it.

The FS2 versions of these wouldn't happen to be voiceacted...????

Offline Selectah

• Unsuspended

Found it.

Yea, it's a c-l-e-v-e-r VP pack I did back in the day. It contained BOTH the FS1 and the FS2 campaign in a single VP pack. Now, that's a first. I just have to wonder: why hasn't anyone else had the same brilliant idea? I re-opened the pack, re-converted the FS2 missions to fit with the FreeSpace Port, streamlined the voice acting files, repacked the whole thing, and now it sits on my hard drive. Idle. Dormant. I'll upload it, and post a link. Anyone who feels free to claim it as their own idea, can have it. In short, a single VP file for both FS1 and the FreeSpace Port, all with glorious voice acting. I only replaced one voice file, that of the female cyber-police voice file. Those in the know might notice it.

-Selectah

EDIT: Here it is. I didn't bother to correct the spleign mitsakes in the campaign, those are for all purposes the intellectual property of the original author; mr Justin Milles I, Esq.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2005, 02:46:53 am by Selectah »
Selectah Fan Club Member

disregard this post

Offline Ghost

• whoopdidoo
So this thing that you just posted a link to is the FS2-ified for the Port version of DOP?

[/sarcasm]

-KappaWing

Offline Selectah

• Unsuspended
Yea Ghost, at least it should be.. It's a 1.7 MB RAR file containing one (1) VP file. It should work fine in both FS1 and FS2 w/ Port. Just UnRAR it to your FS dir, and it should work.

Cheers,
-Selectah
Selectah Fan Club Member

disregard this post