Author Topic: Official Robotech Mod Thread  (Read 139742 times)

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
The only one I have is missing triangles all over the place like a cyber moth attacked it! Plus it locks up the game. I will upload a screnshot I was able to make in a few minutes...

Did you update that swooh download? Or is it the original file I already have? Did it get corrupted???

edit this is what it looks like to me:

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/getter_robo_g_2004/detail?.dir=/ef5a&.dnm=58bf.jpg
« Last Edit: August 07, 2004, 07:53:01 am by 2035 »
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Official Robotech Mod Thread
This is a completely new SDF-1.. Made from scratch...

Look in the SDF-1 Returnes thread. I posted a download link t o several test pofs. SDF1New is the one I'm working on, an it works fine...

Offline Getter Robo G

Let the pictures tell the tale.
I made the fisrt shot just before you posted the last time, that's why the OLD model is in it this once.

Alpha1 spots a Sathanus and decided to return to base, as he is about to hit Alt-J  (lol) a wierd vessel appears out of nowhere and is attacked by the Sathanus (nt really this time I just had it play dead to see how long it would last)... 3 hits later it gets owned by the newcommer!

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/getter_robo_g_2004/detail?.dir=/ef5a&.dnm=2fbb.jpg

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/getter_robo_g_2004/detail?.dir=/ef5a&.dnm=7718.jpg

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/getter_robo_g_2004/detail?.dir=/ef5a&.dnm=2c07.jpg

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/getter_robo_g_2004/detail?.dir=/ef5a&.dnm=a246.jpg

Alpha1 recored this intense but short battle and brings teh info back to headquarters to pour over...

Ok ship works liek a dream, only one problem... I could NOT get the main guns to fire unless I designated a turret to be main gun. Why did you make it a subsystem???

How does one make a normal subsystem that is a weapon but NOT a turret fire?

One of my MAJOR gripes about FS Open is that  normally you can't look at the model in model view anymore (too many bounding boxes error) and see WHERE each turret is located anymore (this one is turret #1 ect...) sigh, oh well gotta take the bad with the good.
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
ERm..I look at it in Modelview normally... Have you got the latest version and the limit patch?

And i don't understand..the MainGun should fire....
Better doublecheck the POF..

AHH..darn.. I forgot to add the:

$special=subsystem
$fov=10
$name=GunTurret

In the subobject section for the Main gun 1&" and tfixed 1&2....Just addd this in the PCS and it will work fine...

Offline Getter Robo G

I got lost in PCS (I really dislike it) so I fixed model view adn did it there. Opened up PCS againa nd boom all teh data I just entered is already there, tried it in game, no go still won't fire normally...

Why re-invent the wheel? Turrent 1 & 2 is tradition
;)

[EDIT]

I managed to get it to fire from main gun 1 but ONLY by using an event (when time elapsed - 30 secs- fire beam - subsystem - main gun1) interval 30 secs, number times to repeat 3... I could do 999 but that ruins spontanaety...
« Last Edit: August 08, 2004, 08:22:34 pm by 2035 »

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
You need a LOD or two or debris?

I can then update the zip (and fix any errors there were).

but anyway...

open up PCS...go to SubObjects
Select the MainGun1 fro the select subobject dropdown list

Paste the upeer lines in the properties box...

Do the same for MainGun2, and tFixed 1&2..
slcik save...
tadaaaaaa

Offline Getter Robo G

I already did thay and no go... I think it may be the old (you need to delete the old mission bug)

That's what happened with the USS scorpion it wouldn't fire and I kept messing with the same mission. Finally scrapped it and started over and it fired...

let you know later...

{EDIT} Good News and bad news... Good News the SDF-1 OOWNS the Sathanas in full combat even without the MG. bad news, without sexp event MG will not fire from MGT1 & 2 but works fine from other turrets

Sigh...
« Last Edit: August 09, 2004, 10:53:25 am by 2035 »

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I'll do some more work on the b version and upload it later...

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
O.K. - do the following..

Using Modelview32 and it's POF editor, re-name MainGun1 & 2 to TuretMain01 & 02.
Re-name tfixex1 & 2 to turretfixed1 & 2

Change the TBL entry accordingly.

Now it should work. I just looked at it, and it appears that turrets have to have  the word turret inside (regardless of any prefix/sufix)

must...finish...watching...Robotech...series...

Crap man...that owns (literally!)

Offline Getter Robo G

All systems go now. I didn't know that little fact about the turret requirement, well at least we all learned something from this! Hehe...

Anyway in a bit I may have a surprise for everyone... Right now I am having TOO MUCH FUN with this one item. Totally inappropriate though as I shouldn't  be mixing time frames. After all This isn't Enterprise with temporal cold wars *cough* BS *cough*...  ;7

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I made a new pof wiht 1 extra LOD.. I may add one more...then I'll send it over tot you...

Or put it for download...whatever...Just find someone to path the ship...

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Added a sensor array behid the brige (those bunch of antennas)
Added another LOD for greater distances
Fixed the turret mix up an weapon loadout.

Get it here:
SDF1n.zip

EDTI: Give us more screenies!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2004, 06:05:02 am by 624 »

Offline Getter Robo G

I WAS gonna ask you to do this BUT now that SCP works for me and I found the high level cob2pof program again I did some screwing around.

Can you guess what THESE are?

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/getter_robo_g_2004/detail?.dir=/ef5a&.dnm=a12f.jpg

I'm such a tease... Too bad this pic is temporally invalid.

INVID!!!!!

nice image.

BTW:
Do you guys already have ideas about missions, campains and such?

And could you please post a short summary on each mission?

Offline Getter Robo G

HI Earthpilot,

This project has two fronts. First is to expand the quality of the first RT mod and second to brifely give the community a taste of what The Sentinel's campaign was like (The Robotech Expiditionary Force)

I have wanted to do ground misisions as well but do to engine contrainsts and lack of mech type animations only mechas in a static pose will be used.

I watch the original DVD's and ripped about 1gig worth of waves for use in the missions. Basicly any episode that included combat in space or atmosphere will most likely be represented in the campaign.

Using the original mod I worked on about 8 missions (in varous states of completion). I am shooting for a target of 15-20 when finished , hopefully.

REF will be more liek the original mod in that player will use it as a toolset adn make their own missions, or just  enjoy the mini campaign. The goal there is about 10-15 missions as teh combat and story is more straightforward in the Sentinals without all the ground or behind the scenes interation on board the SDF-3. Plus there will be few voice waves as there is hardly any charcter dialgue to gather to make it interestign enough to include.

This "attempt" has been on my back burner for 2 years now and would be nowhere without the blessings of the original mod team as well as Trashman (our only dedicated modler) plus certain others who graciously donated thier works to fill missing slots (though we desperately need more).  So it is VERY early to even be thinking about missions aside from the screens I have shown once every few months of experiemnts (like the mission "Blind Game")...  Lets just say it involves a complicated relationship, some fighters, some pods, an asteroid field, and a few surprises....

so how could i be some help?

- i have all episodes, DYRL, MacrossII and the sentinels
- i do 3d modelling with blender (i will try to get trashmans sdf1 imported into blender if that converting script isn't bull****)
- i am able to use my brain  ;)

if you jnow how to use me, tell me.

22 missions?

gosh i thought about 4 major campaigns with some subcampaigns and lots of missions.  :cool:

I guess that will be a hell of work, though.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I maent make more screens of the SDF-1 (now that it's fixed)..

Oh.. and send me the mission with it if you could. My FRED is screwy and no mission I make will work.....

EDIT: I'm currently too lazy to finish my Veritechs.

I have LOD0 of VF-J, VF-S and VF-A (untextured..the only difference between htem is the number and position of the head lasers).

I can send you the objects and if you find someone to texture them and make lesser LOD's (using 3Dmax and the polygon reduction tool one can make them fast.. and I can even send you a .3ds of a generic veritech (no lasers on the head))
« Last Edit: August 12, 2004, 04:07:53 pm by 624 »

Offline Getter Robo G

Please send to [email protected]

I got to screw with the Invid some more (they look great with glows, but  normals in wrong position for the feet LOL!), plus the new Alpha fighters look really cartoonish texture wise but the models are twice as detailed as before...

Don't worry Trashman, screens comming real soon! Sucks though I just got hurt my finger is killing me! :P

BTW are those fighters mapped? If not I can't do jack,but if they are I can play wit textures to fit on them... I got all weekend to come u with something.. send them anyway, least I could do is pimp thema nd try to drum up more interest..

I pm'ed Earthpilot, depending onwhat he says we MAY have aother modler to give you a break Trash  :P

l8tr!