Author Topic: My attempt at music.  (Read 2201 times)

Hi. Long time lurker. I don't think I've really posted much around here.

Anyway, I've always wondered how FreeSpace would be like if it had an orchestral soundtrack. I had a bit of free time today, and instead of acting like the normal 16 year-old that I am, I decided to compose a song, and then throw it on top of a dramatic cutscene in the game to make it even more dramatic  :>>

Here it is:
http://youtu.be/h2mtVAmDar8

I thought it was pretty epic, and funny at the same time. What do you think?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
This is a really cool score. I don't think it matches the cutscene particularly well, but taken on its own merits I really like your approach.

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
Holy crap... that's like a megalurk...  registered for 3 years and you just made your first post.  Congrats!

I'd love to have something to say about the music but youtube is being a jackass and won't play the video.
<Nuclear>   truth: the good samaritan actually checked for proof of citizenship and health insurance
<Axem>   did anyone catch jesus' birth certificate?
<Nuclear>   and jesus didnt actually give the 5000 their fish...he gave it to the romans and let it trickle down
<Axem>and he was totally pro tax breaks
<Axem>he threw out all those tax collectors at the temple
<Nuclear>   he drove a V8 camel too
<Nuclear>   with a sword rack for his fully-automatic daggers

Esarai: hey gaiz, what's a good improvised, final attack for a ship fighting to buy others time to escape to use?
RangerKarl|AtWork: stick your penis in the warp core
DarthGeek: no don't do that
amki: don't EVER do that

Offline Beskargam

• We'z got a nob to lead us boys, wadaful.
agree with Battuta. The music is very very good! congrats on that favorited

This is a really cool score. I don't think it matches the cutscene particularly well, but taken on its own merits I really like your approach.
Ha, yeah, I know. I originally intended it for the destruction of the Colossus in Their Finest Hour, but I was too lazy to find a HD one on YouTube. The Capella one came up, so I just used that.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
I also thought it was good; congrats!