Author Topic: RELEASE - MediaVP 3.6.8 Zeta  (Read 190895 times)

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
Re: DUDE - MediaVP 3.6.8 Zeta
Oh yeah, speaking of which, i got the sane version of the animated beams to work correctly :lol: They're just like the insane ones, only no slow down ;)
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline DaBrain

• Screensniper
    • Shadows of Lylat board
They actually look a little bit worse, but the much better performance should make up for this. The compression artifacts are hardly visible anyway. ;)
--------------------------------------------------
SoL is looking for a sound effect artist
Please PM me in case you want to apply
---------------------------------
Shadows of Lylat - A Freespace 2 total conversion
(hosted by Game-Warden)
----------------------------------

Yeah, I just played the mission in the original fs2 campain where u haveta trash the ravana, and it seems that the new ursa bomber model is missing from the 3.6.8 zetas, so i think it reverts to the old model, which coincidently looks like poop now. Should i just find a ursa model somewhere else and stick it in the models file? or can someone make a fix for this. Thanks
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
It's only a small thing but the IBX files for the Mjolnir (beamsaber.bx) and Cain (cruiser03x.ibx) don't appear to be in mv_models. If you could remember to put them in when the next set of VPs are made it would be nice :yes:

Might prevent people thinking that the game has crashed when loading Kings Gambit too :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Tyrian

• Dangerous When Thinking
I realize this isn't the place for a bug report, but for some reason I can't get to Mantis.

I grabbed the vp's and the recommended build posted earlier, wiped my whole FS2 directory clean, and reinstalled the whole thing from the ground up.  I have the retail CD's and am patched to 1.2 retail FS2.  I installed FSO 3.6.7, the new media vp's, the recommended build, all my campaigns, and my player profiles.  I configured the Launcher and ran FS2.  All I get at the player profile screen is a white screen and grey bars wherever a button or profile name would be.  I managed to click through it and get to the main hall.  Same white screen with grey bars for buttons. 

Any ideas what's going on?

Again, I know this isn't the place, but the problem started after this series of downloads and I can't get into Mantis.  Any help would be appreciated.
Want to be famous?  Click here and become a playing card!!!

Bush (Verb) -- To do stupid things with confidence.

This year, both Groundhog Day and the State of the Union Address occurred during the same week.  This is an ironic juxtaposition of events--one involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a creature of little intelligence for prognostication, while the other involves a groundhog.

Bumper stickers at my college:
"Republicans for Voldemort!"
"Frodo failed.  Bush got the Ring."

Resistance is futile!  (If < 1 ohm...)

"Any nation which sacrifices a little liberty for a little security deserves neither and loses both." -- Benjamin Franklin

Sig rising...

Offline neoterran

Nevermind, replied too quick without reading your problem properly.

Dunno what's causing that..
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
3D SHOCKWAVES! THEY FINALLY WORK FOR ME!

*does the happy dance*

i'm lovin it :p

i'm thinking about getting the adveffects, as the framerate rarely drops below 60 fps on 1280x1024 with 8xAF and 2xAA... wheeee :D
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline Backslash

• Bring Our Might To Bear
->Tyrian:
Have you tried OpenGL mode?
Sounds like it could also be a driver problem; do check if your drivers are more than six months old.

Oh and I don't think you need to install 3.6.7; I could be wrong but it might have a file that interferes.  I vaguely remember something like 'aseffects' that caused me problems.   (Then again, maybe the Zetas replace everything properly and what I'm remembering was an additional later addon.)  If you've got these Zetas, the recommended build and the launcher, you should be set.

Offline Tyrian

Thanks Backslash.  I'll try that now. 

This year, both Groundhog Day and the State of the Union Address occurred during the same week.  This is an ironic juxtaposition of events--one involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a creature of little intelligence for prognostication, while the other involves a groundhog.

"Any nation which sacrifices a little liberty for a little security deserves neither and loses both." -- Benjamin Franklin

Sig rising...

Offline Tyrian

SW33T!!!  OpenGL fixed it!!!  Forgot about that!!!

*Gives cookie to Backslash*

Oooohh:  Double post ftw!

*Runs off celebrating*

Sig rising...

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
When was it broken?  :wtf:

Offline Tyrian

It wasn't broken...It just didn't work for me...

Sig rising...

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
Question: In "Rebles and Renegades" (loop1-1.fs2), shouldn't the NTSC Hinton actually be the NTCs Hinton?
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

It's NTSC = National Television System(s) Committee, joking, it's NTSC = Neo Terran Science Cruiser, so it should be right that way...any Faustus's Nameplate have a spell like xxSC.

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
Okay. That helps. And looking at the FS1 missions, I see the Plato named the same. (which I should've checked first. D'oh!)

Question: I noticed in the vp's that the cache folder doesn't hold all possible ibx's. Wouldn't it be more prudent perhaps to offer a full release of ibx files as a seperate VP instead of bundling a few of them in an existing one, perhaps for 3.6.9?
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
It's easy to get confused over classes, don't worry about it.

Now that we're skipping the 3.6.8 release, are all of the "beta" Media VPs getting redesignated 3.6.9?

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
also, where do i send all the ships with the fixed envmaps?
i'll just slip em into the .vp and wait on the ptah.
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

MediaVP 3.6.8 δ, ε and ζ
Hello,
     I have been away from the computer and SCP for quite some time, and everything seems new to me. I was just wondering was there ever an epsilon topic or release of the mediavps or anything SCP related that came after delta. I can't seem to find anything in the search, so I'm just curious to know.

Offline Shade

Jumped from Delta to Zeta. You haven't missed anything.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
Except for what makes zeta so much better than delta worthy enough to make another significant release of 3.6.8's :lol:
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.