Author Topic: MechWarrior Online  (Read 269854 times)

... LB-10X AC's are going to be cool crit-killers.

Still pretty much garbage sadly. No. Not so sadly. It's kind of satisfying coming out on top of a 3-1 atlas brawl without even losing an arm cause they were all packing lbx's. MG at least benefit from the conditioned response of 'oh. lulz. those can't do any... Oh **** my srms are gone!'

Love my buckets so, so much. Can't figure out how to do anything good with the -7K, but all of the others are the sex.
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

• Fat and lazy glory hound, mooch, narcissist.
    • Black Yoshi's YouTube Page
I rode in my Shotgun K2 again, believe me, I ended up coring two Atlases and a Hunchback with just 60 rounds of ammo and 4 MLs to back it up. (Well, I also had help, but I was able to actually crit the damn Mechs for once, not just peel off their armor.)

MGs at least benefit from the conditioned response of 'oh. lulz. those can't do any... Oh **** my srms are gone!'

I was left for dead by a Kuritan Lance against an MG Spider Monkey. Next match we met, the conversation got a bit more interesting (I accidentally shot one of them in the back).

Also, rumors circulate of a bloody Hero Cicada (known as the 5-X). Honestly, I'm gonna say "not worth it."
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.

I rode in my Shotgun K2 again, believe me, I ended up coring two Atlases and a Hunchback with just 60 rounds of ammo and 4 MLs to back it up. (Well, I also had help, but I was able to actually crit the damn Mechs for once, not just peel off their armor.)

AC/10s can destroy components too. And armor. And they actually hit what you aim at from more than 90m away. :p

Also, rumors circulate of a bloody Hero Cicada (known as the 5-X). Honestly, I'm gonna say "not worth it."

Are any of them worth it?

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page

AC/10s can destroy components too. And armor. And they actually hit what you aim at from more than 90m away. :p

Are any of them worth it?
well, the pretty baby might be, since its the epitome of "Giggle, giggle, murder, zoom, zoom" :p
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

News from the front regarding this month's changes.

Finally, training grounds. Don't have to test my Mechs in Trial By Fire as much.
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.

This consumable thing is a disaster in the making. It'd be fun to watch if I didn't kind of like the game. Oh well I guess.  :nono:

*e* I just blowed up 3 babbies with mah srms and they exploded all funny like. Not a bad send-off.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 12:19:43 am by Suongadon »

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
This consumable thing is a disaster in the making.

It's been planned to call this stuff since forever, were you under a rock?
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Consumables, not a problem. Consumables that are mc only and superior to cbills variants, problem.   And even if you wantto argue otherwise (nd i am not really disagreeable on that point), a hundred and fifty+ pages of rage and quit-threats over it is a pretty debilitating blow to the community. Gonna get a smidge empty atop Mt. Tryhard without them.

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

Double XP weekend has passed (got to Master my Centurion A and AL, and started on the Raven 2X and 4X).

Read about 40 pages on arguing about third person view (won't go there because nothing's being solved/discussed on that front without attracting utter bickering), new Tourmaline Desert (as much as I like the jaggedy crystals and wreckage and better performance, for me it's Gauss abuse bait), the JagerMech's out (and probably surpassing the Catapult for "most cheese-build candidates in the Heavy class" (think dual Gauss, dual 20, yadda yadda yadda), and they added the coolant flush.

Nothing yet on strike calls, although they tried to clear the air a bit on how it will work.

Not sure about anything regarding community warfare or merc corps stuff. From what I've heard, at some point in time, they're probably going to fine-tune NVG and change Thermal Optics to white-hot mode (and probably limit the range so as to stop sniper abuse under blue-hot mode).

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Funny enough, seems like quite a few Jagers are running XLs, I assume to eek out something approaching speed when they've loaded the mech down with half its weight in guns and ammo.   Since I'm typically already trying to strip off some of the weapons quite a few times I've pumped  a couple AC 20 rounds into the side torso only to watch them fall over dead.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

I went through all the Jager's and Elited them out for the sake of getting a dose of ballistics. Unfortunately, it seems that XL engines are the way to go - Otherwise you can't use all the hardpoints. And if you can't use all the hardpoints, you're not really using it to its fullest potential.

Surprisingly enough, cramming 4 machine-guns and a pair of AC10's is surprisingly effective. Having a constant red pinging on your screen appears to be psychologically intimidating to most people, and for those that aren't - The AC10's put them down.

Having 4 AC2's is also a blast. It's hilarious watching enemies try to return fire while you're bombarding them. It's also surprisingly powerful - An Atlas can get leveled in less than 15 seconds under it. (You can do this with a Cataphract-4X if you can deal with the low-hanging arms.)

Running a Jenner-K at the moment. It's about the closest I can get to dogfighting while chasing down other jump-jet capable mechs.

I tried a 4x AC/2 -4X and couldn't get it to work for me, so I switched to a UAC/5 in each arm, 2ML in the CT, and an SSRM-2 in the head.  This also let me put more tonnage towards ammo and the all-important CASE for when you're lugging around 8 tons of explodium (6 tons UAC/5 ammo, 1 ton AMS ammo, 1 ton SSRM-2 ammo).
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

The key to getting the maximum screen-shaking and intimidation effect is to group two AC2's in each arm, chain fire, and then when you've got an alternating firing-pattern between the two, hold your finger on your Alpha-Strike button. If you get it right, you'll start unloading ammunition into your target an obscene rate of fire. Most Atlas pilots even flee when the barrage starts. (I should also note that you need to have endo-steel and ferro fibrous in order to cram in the most amount of ammunition, and that you have to deal with being a little bit slow with the 4X's default engine) Take an XL-engine with a Jagermech, and this problem is remedied, however you'll have to be more careful.

I tend to leave the ammo in the legs, in the head, and in the CT (unless it's AMS or MG ammo). Most people are more interested in shooting your giant torsos, so keeping them away from there is the better option. They could try to shoot your legs, but if they fail to do that in short order - You'll tear them apart. I figured that if they manage to strip enough armor to blow up the ammo in my CT, I'm probably dead anyways, so I don't mind not running around with CASE. :p

I upgraded to a standard 255 as one of my first purchases for it.  I'm still a little slow at 59 kph, but no way can I go XL with ES and DHS taking up a ton of slots, and I don't think I'll ever go XL unless the Mech comes with it due to how ridiculously expensive XL engines are.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
HBK-4H my current steed.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Aesaar

Been having loads of fun with this Stalker.  A threat at any range.  I'll typically ease off the ERPPCs when I get close and stick to the Streaks and Large Lasers.

And the other two I've got planned to get to Elite:
STK-5S Wheee SRMs!
STK-5M Wheee LRMs!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 12:03:51 am by Aesaar »

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.

A Feddie Story

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
OH ****.  AND I'M MISSING IT.

RAGE.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
I just dropped onto River City Night and was not immediately swarmed by Timber Wolves.

Am disappoint.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 08:09:37 pm by NGTM-1R »

A Feddie Story

Offline Nyarly

• Generic basement-dweller
So the Clan Invasion of the Inner Sphere proper was delayed for a month?  :P 

(It started in March in canon.)
Do not taunt Magic Boulder.