Author Topic: PCS 2.0.3 & other fixups  (Read 39522 times)

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Re: PCS 2.0.3 & other fixups
you know the one you still haven't given me enough feedback on to reproduce

you know the one which has never happened to me so how the **** am i supposed to debug it without you answering the request for you to give me system specs, etc
I don't know my computer specs off the top of my head but I can tell you that it didn't do this before the installer. It only does this with the installer.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
  • Soul lives in the Mountains
    • http://alliance.sourceforge.net
then it's likely there is a bad setting in your config.. check your texture paths
PCS2 2.0.3 | POF CS2 wiki page | Important PCS2 Threads | PCS2 Mantis

"The Mountains are calling, and I must go" - John Muir

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
id just delete the ini file and re-enter the texture paths.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Water

@ Kazan

Rotating sub-objects in PCS2 is still not functional unfortunately.

This vp contains a mission with both a pcs1 and pcs2 fenris with spin bits.
http://files.filefront.com/fenris+spinzip/;10389262;/fileinfo.html
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 01:57:00 am by Water »

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
open the model in PCS1 and see what it says for the axis, make sure PCS2 agrees with this

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
PCS1 reports
-> The 'fenris-spin-pcs1' model has the X axis spinner set to X, the Y axis spinner set to Y and the Z axis spinner set to Z.
-> The 'fenris-spin-pcs2' model has the X axis spinner set to Z, the Y axis spinner set to 'no axis' and the Z axis spinner set to Y.

PCS2 reports
-> The 'fenris-spin-pcs1' model has the X axis spinner set to 'no axis', the Y axis spinner set to Z and the Z axis spinner set to X.
-> The 'fenris-spin-pcs2' model has the X axis spinner set to X, the Y axis spinner set to Y and the Z axis spinner set to Z.

In game shows
-> The 'fenris-spin-pcs1' model has the X axis spinner set X, the Y axis spinner set to Y and the Z axis spinner set to Z.
-> The 'fenris-spin-pcs2' model has the X axis spinner set to Z, the Y axis spinner set to 'no axis' and the Z axis spinner set to Y.

So yeah, they're basically disagreeing with each other, but in game agrees with PCS1's assessment of things.
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
looking at it, it seems x->z, z->y, and (by process of elimination) y->x

it doesn't help that I think PCS1 had them labeled wrong too.
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
im pretty sure pcs1 has em right

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
As far as I can tell, yeah - PCS1 is quite right, but in PCS2, X->Z, Y->None and Z->Y.

I think Y worked correctly in older versions actually, while X and Z previously did nothing. Those two do work now but on the wrong axes.
The results I got before are from examining both models in PCS1, PCS2, and then in game, so they're as correct as they can be. ;)
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
:bump:

diff from RC2D to 2.0.1

Err ... I meant that the problem occured in RC2D but not in RC2C or before.

Actually, I did some testing, and the crash seems to occur in versions as early as RC2B.  Don't know why I didn't catch the problem back then...

Also, when I tried to replace a subobject of one model with a subobject from another model (using that "load" button at the top of the right side of the window), I get *array out of bounds* when I open the model I just edited (it saves fine, but when I try to reopen it, it crashes).  EDIT: Manticized
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 11:06:43 pm by blowfish »

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Twisted Infinities

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
Oh.  Didn't realize :nervous:

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
[EDIT] non-permissioned, just posted for Kazan to test with. I had not added shields or shine maps yet!
--------

Ok here's a fighter I knocked out in 17 secs with PCS1. Works in game, blows up, rearms no problem.

Just tried PCS2, it locks up on load, after 10 mins I figured it was a fatal lock up and task manager closed pcs2..

Here are the files (just trying to help), have fun!

http://upload2.net/page/download/oNOFzs3JA48cEbL/SGA-Scarab.7z.html

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline Water

Just tried PCS2, it locks up on load, after 10 mins I figured it was a fatal lock up and task manager closed pcs2..
Loaded in 2.0.3 and saved without apparent problem. Tried RC2a +  july07 version - also worked.
The mesh isn't great, but maybe a different issue?

Offline Getter Robo G

whoopsie... Last loaded for me was 2.0.1 let me go back (new build)... Will edit this post in a few minutes!

[EDIT]: No joy...

I got a sneaking suspicion it's just my computers themselves, but as to why I get lockups in the first place with pcs2 is just bizarre.

"New" computer:

ACER
p 3.0 dual core
1GB mem
512 MB Nvidia Geforce 8500GT
Vista Home Basic

"old" Computer (Offline but had SAME ISSUE)
HP
p4  1.8
768MB mem
256MB generic ATI 9025?
(Replaced 32 MB ATI had same issue with PCS 2 also)
XP Home

I get No message and the process locks up 2 secs as the loading bar gets 2/3rds across the bottom.
MOST of the time I can load existing POF's but not raw COBS (which doesn't help me if PCS1 has a problem with those...

Loads pofs:

Cobs cause lock up:

In fact I don't remember if I ever got any version of PCS2 to make a pof at all. I wish I could remember as it might have helped you to identify what's going on!

Thing is since I have no clue at all, I have no way of explaining my predicament.......

So you can see why I would be very stern with people who come down on me about PCS1 when basically 300 models or so I would not otherwise be able to use, only exist in FS2 because of it! :)

I sincerely hope this situation can be resolved so I can join the rest of the civilized world instead of beating stones with this club (ugh!)...
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 08:44:00 am by Getter Robo G »
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
never had a COB lock up PCS2 on load before  :eek2:

when i get time (only one week left in this class from hell) i'll take a look.

Offline Getter Robo G

I appreciate that Kazan...

It sucks that it seems no one else has had the same issue before. I've carried this cross for what, 3+ years now?
My first indication something beyond the norm was an issue was when WATER tried to help me with Yamato and said "It loaded no problem"...

That got my eye twitching a bit. But since he's a modeler I figured he might have messed with the hierarchy by habit and forgot about it. When I still could not load the files he reposted I was dumbfounded and just let it drop to keep from looking like a complete idiot.

Now again a model I posted that won't work for me loads for someone else there has to be something fundamentally different in the process on their machines and mine. Since I am not a modeler or a coder I'm totally in the dark and I completely hate it...   :mad: It drives me bonkers to no end...

That's why I was so short back when I made the suggestion that different messages be displayed when the process ends at certain points so people can diagnose an issue (should one occur). I mistakenly thought if you knew nothing of the model, but got a message on the process, you might be able to narrow down conversion problems and correct them.

I now realize it's a separate issue and cross my fingers not only that the problem can at least be identified, but equally important that a solution can be found...  :(

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Converted fine here too without any kind of modification in 3 seconds on my AMD 3800+, so I guess we can rule slow computer out seeing as your dual core machine got stuck. :\

Have you got that DLL pack that PCS2 needs? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=32bc1bee-a3f9-4c13-9c99-220b62a191ee&displaylang=en

It probably won't help this case even if you've not previously installed it, but it's worth a try - since I don't see how anything other than a faulty PCS2 install could cause that particular model to fail on your two machines but work on mine and Waters. It's quite weird. :\

Or might there be other software running in the background that could be intefering? Like an overzealous firewall or security settings?
Twisted Infinities

Offline Getter Robo G

Question, does the part that PCS2 runs fine alone, and opens pofs for me no problem, but only locks up on .cobs point to anything?

Why would a program "partially" work? It either works or it doesn't if it's missing something like a DLL right? Kinda like how milkshake imports .nif's and .sods from trek for me but on occasion it just cannot open a model and crashes to desktop.

I just installed that link VA, no change.

Yes in the beginning I had no protections until Macafee and one other on my old one, and on my new one I have Norton, AVG and spybot...

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
that would indicate something is wrong with the .cob

if you don't have the DLLS PCS2 won't start