Author Topic: Cockpits redux (Stable branch)  (Read 24993 times)

Re: Cockpits redux (Stable branch)
How exactly is this suppose to work? I can't seem to the model to display at all.  Also where exactly does the cockpit have to sit, the eyepoint at (0,0,0)?

Also i've noticed it's rather jumpy... I get 60fps and for a second down to 40 and the screen jerks.
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
The cockpit model will be centered at the eyepoint's position, so you should have the cockpit itself located in front of 0, 0, 0. You could try playing with the +Cockpit offset variable, and changing the location of the cockpit on the z axis, if it still won't work.

I don't know why it would cause the screen to jerk (especially when you can't get it to display :p). Is that something that happens regardless of whether you're using a cockpit or not?
-C

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Did that include the lua function?  I'm hoping to see something like that in 3.6.10 final, and also equivalent functionality in the new scripting system hopefully.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline WMCoolmon

No scripting function. I've largely kept a policy of nonsupport for stable branch scripting, and I'm considering disabling it to prevent backwards compatibility hell when the new system gets introduced.

Like I said, the feature isn't in the unstable branch, so I can't add scripting support for it there yet.
-C

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Then would I be able to request it in a special build once 3.6.10 is released?  Or just the code and I can build it myself.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Hmmm, nope moving the cockpit eye to 0,0,0 didn't make a difference.  I've even taken your cockpit and tried to use it on mine, and no go. Let me see if I understand you correctly, the real ships eye point becomes the cockpits center of origin?

As for the studdering, yes, even with cockpits turned off it still jumps.  Let me go grab another newer build and see if it does it there too.  (ummm is 2007-10-28 the latest stable build?   :nervous: )
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 11:36:27 pm by Scooby_Doo »

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
It's the latest one he's put on the forums.  There's some newer Xt builds floating around.

Yes, I've been using the one that supports normal mapping fs2_open3_6_10  (timedate: 12/28/07 if that helps) and that one doesn't suffer the hiccups.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
It's the latest one he's put on the forums.  There's some newer Xt builds floating around.

Yeah, but the newer XT builds have broken features. :P
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Well heres the vp, maybe you'll see where i messed up.  BTW it currently uses the test cockpit from the first post (i've included it).  It works with the Uylesses, but not with mine. 

http://scoobydoo.freespacemods.net/Problems/Dagger-01-16-08.rar

edit: still uploading..... *yawnz*
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 02:02:18 am by Scooby_Doo »

Still not having any luck.

I even did this:
Code: [Select]
$Name: GTF Hercules
+nocreate
$Cockpit POF File: cockpitTest.pof
+Cockpit offset: 0.0 -0.5 1.0

and it won't show up.  :confused:

Whats the proper way to format the cockpit mesh i made for this video http://www.stage6.com/user/Omniscaper/video/2125018/ . Should I seperate it from the rest of the Viper mesh and plug it into the table? How would I keep the mesh from overlapping with detailed cockpit? Detail box settings for the low lowdetail cockpit subobject?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 09:26:42 pm by WMCoolmon »

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
If you're using the showship flag or whatever to show it now, wouldn't you just turn that off?  If that's not how you're doing it now then I have no idea.  That video is f'ing amazing though, is that target tracking or TrackIR or what?

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
If you look in the description, he says it's TrackIR. :nervous:
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Yeah noticed that later.  It was so awesome though, my eyes were glued on the video, not some distracting little text.

Offline WMCoolmon

Oops. :p

The separate cockpit model should be rendered over everything. But judging by the muzzleflashes that's not happening, so there must be a bug somewhere...I'll look into it.
-C

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Hmm... it does not work at all for me. Neither in FS2 nor in Saga.
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline WMCoolmon

Hmm... it does not work at all for me. Neither in FS2 nor in Saga.

:wtf:

I'm beginning to suspect this may be a video card or driver issue. What're your stats? It works fine for me with a 7600GT and the 94.24 (IIRC) Nvidia drivers.
-C

It seems to only work for your example Ulyessis on an 8800gt, course it could my problem.  :confused:

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
i am using a radeon 1900xtx. All i can tell is that the cockpit model is processed, since model cache is created in the mod folder
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis