Author Topic: Support for 3D Planets  (Read 4497 times)

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
Originally posted by LtNarol
this would also take far too much code editing...lets keep things a bit more.....err.....close to home.  Geomodding would also be pretty darned cool, but the amount of work would be crazy, what you're wanting would not go over well with the rendering engine.  Besides, reachable planets would be nice, especially if that isolated nebula thing can be done because then you can fly through clouds :D

no all we'd need to do is not add the players position when calling model render, do it just like the subspace effect is done, if you will note the subspace model is only a few hundred meters wide, it is rendered before anything else, and it has translating UV coordanants, all these things could alow for a full 3d planet object to be rendered way off in the back ground, make a atmosphere model with a cloud layer(we'll need to find a way to turn shading on for additive alpha) that has translating textures on the out side, and the in side is rendered with additive alpha(like it is now, no shading) and bam, 3D planet model with moveing clouds a glowing atmoshpere, and is turely a background object.
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/the158th
well, im still for localized and different shaped nebulas, i mean, wouldn't you like to fly into a nebula and back out again?  It can also be used for other things as well...

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Well, FS2 could stand a nebulae upgrade.

I'm able to notice the "wallpaper" of the nebulae.

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/the158th
well, redoing the poofs and neb backgrounds might be able to fix that, but either way thats an art thing...I just want to see limited nebulas ;)  mainly because I want to be able to fly through clouds