Author Topic: -invulnerable tag?  (Read 1428 times)

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
I think this has been suggested before, but would it be hard to include in the Developers Tools a tag which makes your ship invulnerable? It'd be pretty handy for things like screenshot taking, where you want to get into the thick of the action without being destroyed?

Where is the Problem? Use the old www.freespace2.com cheat.. for taking Screenshots this Cheat Mode is good enough.
Shivan here, Shivan there, Shivan everywhere.

My english isn't very well, so sorry for a few mistakes.

FreeSpace Let's Plays on my Channel:
| The Great War | Silent Threat | Operation Templar | Silent Threat: Reborn | Shivans - Phantoms | Shivans - Echo Gate | Shrouding the Light: Origins | Shrouding the Light | Cardinal Spear | Cardinal Spear: Vega | Awakenings | The Destiny of Peace | Between the Ashes: Mefistofele

Offline Thorn

• Drunk on the east coast.
  • What is this? I don't even...
Because that is a bloody pain in the ass.. and it doesnt seem to work anymore.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
It's bloody awkward and if you forget to do it, or do it wrong, you can get killed trying to rectify the mistake. This tag would mean you would go into the mission invulnerable, no mucking around typing stuff and hitting wrong keys etc ;)

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
  • huh?.. Who?.. hey you kids, git off me lawn!
bah, just make a "-Cheat" tag, so all of them work.
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
do not torment the sleep deprived artist, he may be vicious when cornered,
in case of emergency, administer caffeine to the artist,
he will become docile after that,
and less likely to stab you in the eye with a mechanical pencil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Couldn't you do it in FRED? You have to go into FRED to place the ships for testing anyway...
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Carl

• Render artist
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/
i have www.freespace2.com as one of the extra buttons on my joystick. it saves loads of work and time while testing out new mods.
"Gunnery control, fry that ****er!" - nuclear1

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Carl, that's an idea.....the problem with Fredding it in is that you have to set up the mission specifically, which makes it a pain when doing screenshots for campaigns etc :(

Offline Cetanu

• http://165thbdhr.com/
a cheat tag is as bad as respawns for singleplayer... enough said

as for fredding tests:
check the ships editor, misc settings for invulnerable...
Work is the curse of the drinking class
Keeper of BDHR's Holy Grail of Beer

Valid PXO/F2NETD multiplayer missions - mirrors: 1,2
Additional valid F2NETD multiplayer missions - mirrors: 1,2
Voicefiles for these missions - mirrors: 1,2

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
It's a development tool, it's peoples choice whether they use it or not. If they really want to ruin the gameplay, they're going to do it one way or another..
We've already discussed the problems with jumping in and out of Fred, as I said, this would be for taking screenshots from campaigns etc, Fredding in and out invulnberability can be a drag

Anyway, I'm going to do what Carl suggested and just apply the cheat to a button on the Joystick :)