General FreeSpace > FreeSpace Discussion

Stars disappearing and fading in FreeSpace The Great War with GeForce2 GTS

(1/4) > >>

Magneto:
I'm having a problem when I enter the cockpit of FreeSpace1.  The stars start to fade and almost disappear whenever I'm not moving my spacecraft, like pitching, turning, rolling, etc..
I've just recently purchased Freespace1 and Silent Threat, and I'm patched up to version 1.06/3dNow!
I've messed with every hardware setting and adjustment within the game, and just about ALL my vid card's adjustments with no luck.
I'm running Herc. 14.10 drivers with my Hercules 3D Prophet 2 GTS 64, but I also had the problem with the nVid ref. drivers version 12.41, and Herc's 12.41 drivers.
I'm using DirectX 8..
I tried the game on another system that has a TnT2 ultra card and DX 7, and it ran fine.
Any ideas?  
Thanks for any help..
Mag...

Nico:
I have the same pb with my radeon. I just lived with it, tho...
oh: my very own pb: thrusters on user made ships won't show up on my computer. Only user made ships, and they do show on other people's computers... cool heh?

LAW ENFORCER:
how nice.... ???
GO TNT2 ULTRA!!! - Most stable card I ever had and I still using drivers from 1999.

IceFire:
Nothing to do with the card.  That was a common problem on most D3D accelerated cards with FreeSpace 1.  D3D was not uptosnuff when FS1 was released and consequently, there are bugs.

This is one that you'll have to live with.

Thorn:
At least ships dont dissapear when you target them...
wast trying FS1 out on an old Compaq...
has some SIS piece of crap...

------------------
You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version