Hosted Projects - FS2 Required > Between the Ashes

Scaling up HUD size

(1/5) > >>

CaptainKoloth:
I've been playing FSO on a 1440p display. In order to scale my HUD to a readable size I've been using this HUD mod in MediaVPs_2014 for everything except Blue Planet for which I used the file Axem graciously provided here. But neither of these is scaling up the HUD for BtA which I'm trying to start now. Does BtA use its own modified HUD gauge tables? Is there any way I can scale up the HUD?

DefCynodont119:
Dangit! I actually made a scale-able version of the BtA hud for my own use but did not think to post about it.

(Yes, BtA uses it's own HUD gauge tables.)

Put this in the BtA mod folder under /data/tables     https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0JuJirm0tKSRnlya3FPbUIyREk

this turns on HUD scaling, but makes some changes as the original did not scale correctly.

@Mjn.mixael could you sticky/post this link/file somewhere for anyone else who may want to use it? thanks.

hope this helps.   ;)

[attachment stolen by Russian hackers]

CaptainKoloth:
Awesome, thanks! Works like a charm! And just in time, too, I'm just about ready to start a new campaign!

Edit: I may have spoken too soon. The spoken text boxes I get don't look like yours, they're still really tiny, like this. Any thoughts?

[attachment stolen by Russian hackers]

CaptainKoloth:
Is there any way I can get it to your "Cheater cheater pumpkin eater" size? I just can't read it at the moment.

DefCynodont119:
Huh, I'm not quite sure why that's happening---

hmm, I do know that Axem's scripted message gauge is part of it--- do you have any side mods running with their own HUD Table?  PS:  "mv_root-hdg" is the HUD Table in its .TBM form.

Are other text boxes tiny too?  you can check by going into the hud test mission.  You can find it in the techroom under single missions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version