Author Topic: FreeSpace The Series  (Read 59093 times)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Try playing the latest Nightly Build and see if that makes a difference.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
That WAS on the latest nightly.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Well, phooey.

Were you able to send AdmiralRalwood your log file?

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
Well, phooey.

Were you able to send AdmiralRalwood your log file?
He was, but I haven't had time to read through it yet.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
You'll find the log for the STL crash in THIS thread.

This may be a long shot, but if these two crashes are related, its possible that they stem from some issue with the Osiris bomber.  There were Osiris present in the STR mission "Chasing Shadows", in the STL mission "Intruders" I and my wingmen were flying them, and a previous recurring CTD I experienced some time ago while replaying the Port in "Out of the Dark, Into the Night", which also has Osiris.  I'm gonna try to investigate this possibility.

Episode 1 is finally here thanks for being patient hope you guys enjoy this season.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Cool!
Though at the end of Romans Blunder, I noticed a Myrmidon making a back-flip as it entered subspace.  :lol:

Whenever I play "Surrender Belisarius" I always charge the corvette at the end (despite Command's orders) and throw everything I've got at it.  As I result, I always get the kill for the corvette.  :pimp:

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Re: FreeSpace The Series
You'll find the log for the STL crash in THIS thread.

This may be a long shot, but if these two crashes are related, its possible that they stem from some issue with the Osiris bomber.  There were Osiris present in the STR mission "Chasing Shadows", in the STL mission "Intruders" I and my wingmen were flying them, and a previous recurring CTD I experienced some time ago while replaying the Port in "Out of the Dark, Into the Night", which also has Osiris.  I'm gonna try to investigate this possibility.
I want to apologize, to Goober and Admiral Ralwood.  It appears that I wasn't using the latest build after all, due to an unresolved launcher issue (thread started).  I haven't tried to make a run at the STL mission yet, but the ST:R mission worked properly.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I want to apologize, to Goober and Admiral Ralwood.  It appears that I wasn't using the latest build after all, due to an unresolved launcher issue (thread started).  I haven't tried to make a run at the STL mission yet, but the ST:R mission worked properly.

No worries.  Thanks for the update, and glad it's working now. :yes:

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Thanks.  STL mission worked without crashes, though I haven't gotten by it yet as I can't seem to take out all of the cruisers at the end.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I had a feeling you'd release something today.

Yea kinda didn't want to leave y'all hanging I'm on my way to Vegas.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
When I play "7th Wonder", I always grab one bank of Stilettoes.  One for the Kato's main gun, two for the missile turret, then use what's left to quickly disarm the Halkwood's beams.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
When playing "Feint! Parry! Riposte!", I usually grab a Herc 2, choosing to sacrifice some maneuverability and speed for armor and loadout, while still retaining speed and agility advantages over the Herc 1s you have to face off against.

Keep 'em coming! :yes:

Like and Subscribe and be sure to let me know what Campaigns you want to see next  :)

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I assume you're only looking for voice-acted campaigns, the most obvious choice would be the Blue Planet campaigns, but you may want to build up anticipation before going on with those ones, and maybe delay with the slim hope that a fully voice acted WiH Act3 might be released by the time you're ready.  :lol:

Looking at the list of voice-acted campaigns, I see that there is the Capella-era "Fall of Epsilon Pegasi" by Blaise Russel.  For post-Capella campaigns prior to moving on with BP, Cold Element campaigns such as Derelict would be a good choice.  From the list I'm seeing, out of the 4 campaigns from that continuity that have been released, 3 of them are voice acted.

In Rebels and Renegades, I can never seem to complete both the primary and secondary objectives.  Eventually, I was forced to edit the mission to ensure that both the Iceni and Hinton have their engines and hulls given guardian-theshold flags.  I don't like to lose.

Am I mistaken, but doesn't the latest MediaVP release include hi-poly AWACS, because the one I see in that mission looks Retail.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Man, I love FS2.