Author Topic: X2 the Threat! Mission help needed!  (Read 3100 times)

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
X2 the Threat! Mission help needed!
The problem is this: I have nu freaking clue as to how to scan the destroyed gate in the Brennan's Triumph sistem. If any of you have played the game and managed to get past it i would apreciate some help!
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
  • huh?.. Who?.. hey you kids, git off me lawn!
Re: X2 the Threat! Mission help needed!
The problem is this: I have nu freaking clue as to how to scan the destroyed gate in the Brennan's Triumph sistem. If any of you have played the game and managed to get past it i would apreciate some help!

you haveta eject, and get up close and personal with the destroyed gate.
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
do not torment the sleep deprived artist, he may be vicious when cornered,
in case of emergency, administer caffeine to the artist,
he will become docile after that,
and less likely to stab you in the eye with a mechanical pencil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
First clear all the mines around the gate.
If you have a good ship, it shouldn't be much of a problem. If you, like me, had only a Discoverer, you may find mosquito missiles useful. Target the mine and let them fly.

Once the gate is clear of mines you must go near the gate with your space suit. If you do this correctly you will know it.

By gate I mean:

see the big cilinders sticking out of the gate? Yep, that it.
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Did that nothing happened. I guess i just have to try again! Thanx for the help!
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Give it a wazzura.  :D
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Did that nothing happened. I guess i just have to try again! Thanx for the help!

You have to go really really close to the cylinder, and must face it directly so that the trigger that continues
get's activated. Be very slow, or you will crash.
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanx for the help i managed to get past that mission but now i need some good tips about how to make money fast! So any tips will be greately apreciated!
Die shivan die!!

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Thanx for the help i managed to get past that mission but now i need some good tips about how to make money fast! So any tips will be greately apreciated!

Well, I'd start by not selling yourself on the streets of Ipswich.

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter

If you have enough for a Solar Powerplant and at least a Mercury (or another TS), you won't need much else. A SPP in Kingdom End or on the central sector of the new boron colonies, directly below the main paranid sectores.

If you have at least a Mercury (again, or another TS), you'll have to trade energy cells until you have at least 200k or some other significant quantity. From there on, silicon is gold for you. Trade it like there is no tomorrow. After a few trades, you may have made enough for the plan above.

If all you have is a lowly Disco, I pity you and advice you to take those annoying missions where you ferry people from station to station. Soon (or perhaps not so soon, depends if you find a "ferry the same person across the galaxy from station to station" mission that gives you loads of cash) you'll have enough for a Mercury and start the plan above.

If you don't even have a Disco... this game is not for you.
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline Harbinger of DOOM

• Three fries short of a Happy Meal.
Lol, X2 sounds like a 3D version of EV Nova......
I think I might buy it.....
aldo_14 ~ "The ego has landed."
an0n ~ "Wheee, I can spam and no-one will notice!"