Author Topic: Table limits, revisited  (Read 1741 times)

Offline penguin

• Eudyptes codus
  • Still alive.
Table limits, revisited
I added this to Sesqui's bugzilla entry:
Planned enhancement: make all (or at least most) table limits a run-time directive, either from the command line or the registry.  If they're not there, use the defaults.  This should satisfy everyone, I hope.

It's not certain that this is the cause of the errors that Sesquipedelian and Maeglamour have encountered, but it should make tracking them down easier, I hope...
This should actually be fairly easy to implement.  DaveB even mentioned this in his release notes...

Those of you w/ modern machines can set the table limits as high as your hardware can handle.  The rest of us :( can use the default limits, or even lower them (with caution).

Please note that this is a planned enhancement; I haven't implemented it yet. I will post when it's ready to go; this will most likely be release 3.3.

(Also, I tweaked the bugzilla UI, so it will be (slightly) easier to use.  Trivial enhancements, really: added the FSSCP logo instead of mozilla's :) removed some of the many links to mozilla.org which were confusing, and added a menu on the left side.  Please check it out and use it :nod: )
your source code slave

Um sorry to ask but,

I am chasing down the enemy in a no objective made mission. they are currently 120000km away engaging friendly forces. I get a damn comm signal from command telling me to return to the battle, after the third time they kill me (Alpha 1 has run into himself). What is this BS? Is this a code thing or can I maually change it...??? Help pls.
Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide target selection !

ICQ#: 5256653
[email protected]

Projects: Gundam TC, Trek BTFF, REF, and Beyond Redemption
http://photo.starblvd.net/Star_Dragon

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
why are you 120000km away?
(this is why you're getting killed BTW)
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

2 Borg cubes drag a starship with them and half the fleet pursues. By the time I finish off the close by targets I end up being alone and the only remaining enemy units are that far away!!!! So do you know the anwser to the problem? What am I far away from? What determines the battle radius limits? Cords 0.0.0 in FRED? How far can I go out to in any direction? Should I make a Sexp that gives you victory if the enemy leaves your limits???
Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide target selection !

ICQ#: 5256653
[email protected]

Projects: Gundam TC, Trek BTFF, REF, and Beyond Redemption
http://photo.starblvd.net/Star_Dragon

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
The battlefield is a 60,000 KM cube.
"Going too far and caring too much about a subject is the best way to make friends that I know."
- Sarah Vowell

Offline Inquisitor

Ok, this has nothing to do with the bug, back on target folks :)
No signature.

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
I like it :D
-C

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
This is a v. good approach to the table problem. Its also indicative of the dynamic approach we need with many new features.

P.S. Could someone please take that bloody battlefield limit out? Its a pain if you want to fred a monster battle! (or anything involving big-ass planets)
"But you live, you learn.  Unless you die.  Then you're ****ed." - aldo14