Author Topic: The Babylon Project is requesting for voice actors.  (Read 20665 times)

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Well, IPAndrews seems to agree that this needs to be addressed soon. Which leaves us with only one option, we ask someone from the community to handle voice acting organization.

It's not particularly difficult, but you will need a lot of time to get it done. If you think you could help us and the community, please feel free to reply and we'll discuss about it.

Interesting,
Since I have been a spectator with TBP all these years I will volunteer to be reviewed for the job.  I have a full time job, but I can devote time some 3 weeknights and some hours during the weekend.

Offline Darkblade

• Lurker
    • The Babylon Project website
Originally posted by Holmes
An actress here wishing she had the equipment and time to send you a sample.  I love voice acting- it probably rivals my passion for stage acting.  I sincerely hope you find what you require.

Holmes, in case you are still following this thread, e-mail Mr. Fury or CptWhite. We will be needing one female voice for quite a big role.
Mauri Darkblade Majanoja

Hi Guys

I'm sure you've got all the people you need but if you do need anyone back from the original campaign to do some more voice acting, I'm still around and happy to do anything as and when required.

Abersoch

Offline Holmes

Originally posted by Darkblade

Holmes, in case you are still following this thread, e-mail Mr. Fury or CptWhite. We will be needing one female voice for quite a big role.

Yes, I'm still here.  I'm going to borrow a microphone from a friend to try to record a demo on my laptop.  I'll see how it turns out, then attempt to send it in.

-Holmes

"The only thing worse than Mr. Garibaldi when he's... is when he's..."

UPDATE: Demo file sent.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2005, 04:35:13 pm by 2482 »
"But manhood is melted into courtesies, valour into compliment, and men are only turned into tongue, and trim ones too: he is now as valiant as Hercules that only tells a lie and swears it."  

--William Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing, Act IV, Scene I

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
So like Mr Fury said earlier. Does anyone in the community want to take onboard the challenge of adding voice acting to RW?

It's a process that mainly involves chasing voice actors up for sample recordings and editting sample names in the mission files in notepad. It's not rocket science.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Skullar

The website concerning voiceacting mentioned above is not existant.

There was a plan to start the VOICEACTING DEPARTMENT, where all modders and game designer-wannabes could meet to record lines for others and get their own lines recorded in return.

When the Civil War campaign script is written( once again under heavy construction at the moment, I LOVE this campaign :) ) Phase 2 will start :

Basic mission design and voiceacting

Then we will do a major push in the direction of voiceacting, and perhaps we can get any lines missing for the Raider Wars campaign while doing EACW.
We will see if the voiceacting department is something that will be realised, as a jointventure of all campaign and Mod teams around....

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
That's a good idea Skullar. You can use Raider Wars as practice.

;7
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Right guys. I'm taking over management of this voice acting project. If you offered to contribute you can expect a PM from me soon. I'm getting this thing moving. :cool:

Groovy

Offline Xelion

• In the Ether
Count me in :D I'll put up some voice samples soon

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
Wish i could contribute, but time restrictions leaves me to ~1 hour on weekdays and little time on weekends...

But either way, wish you guys good luck :cool: :D
"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
1 hour is enough. Lots of actors will only get a handful of lines. Get your mike out in that next 1hr slot and record a sample. See the first message of this thread.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
FYI I'll be making up a script this weekend and contacting some of you with lines :)

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
If you still want to send voice files, please send them to [email protected] instead of my email.

Offline Thrilla

You can count me in.

I've been playing RW and I know it is hard to voice for the text sometimes, but in that campaign it is killing me right now.  Hard to fight and read a couple of paragraphs worth of plot.  Specially in I think it is mission 2.  Whichever one it is when you got to fight those fighters and blow up those transports and scan the Akagi.

My e-mail if you still need people.  [email protected]
94th Combat Support Hospital, 807th Medical Brigade

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Have you tried turning on the synthesised speech? It's not as good as voice acting but it's better than nothing :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Skullar

It is just not the same. And I know the TBP team good enough to say : they don't like compromises

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I know. I was just suggesting it as a stop gap until the VA is done.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Xaphod

• http://www.fishinstitution.com
I agree that it's better than nothing.. I always miss the messages when there's no sound at all.
Burn the land and boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me.
My website - The Fish Institution