Author Topic: R 3.0 single mission "Convoy party"  (Read 8539 times)

Offline yohoob

R 3.0 single mission "Convoy party"
i created a file, so when you clcik the + symbol on data, a mission fle appears with convoy init, but i cant find it in game, i have checked the tech files under campaign and single

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Sounds like you're still putting it in the wrong place.

From what you wrote you put the file in a folder called mission not missions. I'd be surprised if that was the cause of you problems but it can't help to change it :)

Best thing to do is to download the Earth Mimbari war pack and install that. It should set up all the directories correctly when installed.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline yohoob

I have alrdy downloaded the single mission and mimbari misson packs and played them. Dosent seem like it should be this hard wish there was just a mission folder that was there but for some reason i cant get one to appear, the only file i can find with the missions is under player with + then it has single and mult missions, but it looks like it just showing those becvause i have played them under my profile, my name is in front of all of them thats why i think that. should i try downloading every thing all over again to see if the mission folder will pop up then. thanks for people responding to my questions.

Offline Primus

• Ranger
  • Lusus Naturae
That's the player folder...
The missions should be in the data/missions folder
No surrender, no retreat.

Offline Primus

• Ranger
  • Lusus Naturae
I just tested it, and it works...

Are you sure that you didn't extract it to the default folder, Convoy party(ISA?

It should be like this The Babylon Project/Data/Missions/Convoy.fs2
No surrender, no retreat.

Offline yohoob

I can not find a missions folder anywhere, i opened all the folders and checked. Only folders i have are the ones i listed earlier. I have played all the missions released on the offical site the singles and teh campaign. i have know idea how or why i cant find the mission folder. i might try and reinstall every thing again and see if i can get a mission folder. I should have one or i would assume i coudnt play missions. well anyway thanks for all the help. sorry for bugging everybody

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Missions folder is not created by the installer. You need to create a new folder named "missions" under the data folder, then extract the mission there.

Note, do you extract the folder "Convoy party(ISA)" to the missions folder, just the Convoy.fs2 file.

Everyone should use data\missions as mission file paths in their zip, rar or exe archives so that missions folder does not need to be created manually.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by Mr. Fury
Missions folder is not created by the installer. You need to create a new folder named "missions" under the data folder, then extract the mission there.

Yeah. My bad. I forgot that the missions were being distributed in VP files now rather than simply being plonked in the data folder :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline yohoob

i was doing both either way it said it was replacing  the same file. What i have bben doing is i click on the convoy, the file screen come up i click extract file. go to bp, click the + sign on dat folder , it has a list at the top of the extracter what is up there, so i had  
    \missions, it looks like date\missions, there is a folder under date labeld missions with a + click it and convoy appears with its own folder, but i can not find it in the game

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Originally posted by yohoob
convoy appears with its own folder

It should be \data\missions\Convoy.fs2
NOT \data\missions\Convoy party(ISA)\Convoy.fs2

When you've got that right, to play single missions, launch the game and select "Tech Data" menu, then select "Mission Simulator" and "Single Missions". You can also play campaign missions you have finished by selecting "Campaign Missions" instead of "Single Missions".

Offline yohoob

I have a mission folder with the convoy in it. i have checked the mission simulater. If i created a mission folder would the other missions  end up in that folder that i just created such as the mibari and single missions. I pretty much create a mission folder with convoy and i can look at it and thats about it, i just cant get it to work. i think im beating a dead horse

Offline rynadrk

Originally posted by yohoob i think im beating a dead horse [/B]

That is because you are.

1. unrar package.
2. take convoy.fs2 file and put it in the exact folder freespace2\data\missions\
3. when you've done this the entire path name should be something like C:\freespace2\data\missions\convoy.fs2
4. Go to tech room selecting Mission simulator and choose the Single Missions option.
5. if that doesn't work, start over

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Originally posted by rynadrk
3. when you've done this the entire path name should be something like C:\freespace2\data\missions\convoy.fs2

Um, since this is TBP and not just a standard FS2 mod, the directory would be something more like C:\Program Files\The Babylon Project\data\missions\convoy.fs2, though everything before "The Babylon Project\" may be different depending on where you set up the main game.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline yohoob

I had already tried that,over and over again.   that didnt work. it mocks me. Honesty i have tried everything i can think of. i have even uninstalled bp, i guess iam the only one who has had this problem. bah

Offline yohoob

C:\Program Files\The Babylon Project\data\Missions\Convoy.fs2

thats been copyed from the folder so i have put that in already

dont know what to say

Offline rynadrk

If you did that, went to the tech room, clicked on Single Missions option, then it works.  Try doing it with other .fs2 files and see if you have the same problem.

Offline yohoob

i tried the wheel of fire demo and that doesnt play either

Offline rynadrk

Have you put any missions in your TBP folder that work?

I've encountered the same problems with "The Wheel of Fire Demo". For me it worked to load the missions into FRED and save them again under a new name.

So first Post. I hope that i could help. Sorry for maybe bad english but im from Germany so it isn't my native language.
Understanding is a three edged sword.

Offline yohoob

Is there anything i have to do to activate the mission folder before i can play. i can only play the offcial missions, such as raider wars, minbari, and the singles. my mission folder says exactly C:\Program Files\The Babylon Project\data\Missions\Convoy.fs2, but nothing shows up on the single mission in the tech files, no other missions created by other people have worked thanks